Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Black Friday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Paperwhite Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: VinylChange

CBP's live album "Live Poznan" was a killer and showed the power of the band. This album is their best recorded studio effort with the clearest vocals by far in my opinion. The acoustic opener Sweeter Than You may fool you into thinking that the band have taken a completely different direction, but then they come in rocking on track two like a sledgehammer!

The track listing divides the album into two sections, the Black Side and the White side, both of which are about the same length, and with the exception of the first track, the Black Side appears to be the louder/raunchier of the two. The album runs for about 70mins but it is so good, the time just flew by, which is why I consider it might be their best studio release.

Packaging is a fold out digipak with a 16 page booklet.

All this band needs now is to be recognised by the wider public and have the success they deserve!
on 11 April 2014
There’s a description on this site that says that CBP are a progressive post-rock extravaganza. I think that’s fair enough, though I’d say they weigh more heavily on the post-rock side of things. Categories, huh?

This latest release begins with a wee joke – a nice, dare I say it, happy sounding song to kick things off. But normal service is quickly resumed with as ‘No! (Part 1)’ takes us straight back into traditional CBP territory – dark, slightly menacing, slightly angry, guitar-driven rock that builds and builds and keeps on building. There’s no real let up, either. That’s a good thing.

A mention on CBP’s production values. There’s always been a bit of a raw edge to CBP. I don’t know how they record, or what their intentions are. But their studio sound – to me, at least – sounds ‘live’. For me, that’s part of their attraction, and it’s a sound that very much suits them. Not all bands could (or should even try to) pull it off.

My first taste of CBP was ‘I Vigilante’ (which ends with a wee joke) and since then I’ve gone on to get all their stuff. I don’t think they’ll ever be huge, and I’m not sure that will bother them all that much. ‘White Light Generator’ gets five stars from me. Play it loud.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 March 2014
Like all the CBP albums, this is stratospheric. Bloody awesome, blinding, but..... Be aware that for some reason best known to themselves the pressing plant or distributors have decided to put a big, and I mean BIG sticker right across the front top of the vinyl album. DO NOT try to remove it, its a not removable one. I was pre warned about this so I'm keeping mine with the sticker on, but might buy another one when they get enough complaints/returns.
on 20 March 2014
CBP to me are not really big in my music collection. i have listened to odd tracked from various albums released by the band but in general was not impressed with the sound quality as it seemed to have more of a buzz and less feeling or power to the songs. i did buy the live poznan live album ans found that the songs sound so much more powerful and have much more energy.

i liked the songs by this band they write smart and enjoyable songs so gave this album a pre-order I'm glad i did.

this is my firs studio album release from this band and i found the whole album amazing. from the first track with its country loved up feeling and straight down into the dark instruments of a post rock song NO with its rather aggressive style of play and its post rock/progressive slightly floyd style play. the first half of this album is in general a heavy, dark and slightly aggressive ride with small soft passages that glimpses light.
the second half of the album is lighter and is more emotional with the play style removing more of the aggregation and played more on the darker and depressing lyrical and instrumentation. i personal find myself connecting more to the softer more peaceful side 2. the way the songs are played are emotional and rather bleak with lyrics on love, death and the like.

i am seriously happy i got this album as i love every song on the album wit the second side getting me the most. i will give more of the old albums a go and forgive them for the sometime less polished quality. this album has only been out my car twice since it arrived and that was not for very long.
i would recommend this album to any prog or post fan and anyone who likes the darker songs.
on 14 June 2015
A real grower. I'm new to CBP but their songs are beautiful with lovely hooks. A favourite in my collection. I have I vigilante, and although that reviewed higher, I prefer this.....
on 16 July 2014
Superb album from a band I had not heard of until a review in Prog magazine. Very interesting dark music
on 28 July 2014