Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£6.39

on 11 February 2014
What an Album!

I do have to admit to not owning the entire Behemoth back catalogue, as I prefer Black metal to Death - but I have always liked Behemoths "blackend death" style and love their earlier work (straight up black metal).

This album for me has it all... death, black and all sorts inbetween. I love the space they have allowed in this release and find that it really allows the songs to brood.

Also worhty of mention is the DVD - worth the amount paid all by itself. contains some of Behemoths most iconic songs and the performance of these is amazing.
on 14 December 2015
A source of perspective here; this offers little more than what you would expect from the (unfairly) much maligned Dimmu Borgir. However that's not to say it hasn't got merit, the production is classy and unusually for Black Metal, the bass guitar is prominent in the mix and offers some interesting fills too. The orchestrations (real classical instruments, not samples) are most enjoyable too.

Having said that, the last song O Father O Satan O Sun is a majestic song; well more of an incantation really. Great symphonic touches and spoken word recitals make give this a classic, worthy of the Norwegian masters Emperor!! It's enough to give this slightly over hyped release 4 stars. If all the album was of the same standard it would be 5 stars easily.
on 17 January 2015
You know what your getting when you buy this album. Satan himself singing to you in your living room! I'm not a die hard metal fan but I do love a bit of death metal (as I call it) and for me this album sums it up as a masterpiece. The chords are perfect and very "sinister" as I like to describe them, The vocals are superb and every track has an individuality with a few slow sections thrown in for a menacing feel. This is my first Behemoth album and very glad I own it and I rate it far more highly than some of the horrible screechy metal bands about these days.
on 3 February 2014
We all know the story behind this album. It's been 5 years in the making. Nergal was stricken down by leukemia but he has risen again with an album that is already a contender for best of 2014. The riffs, the drums, the vocals. It's all one huge eargasm and I'm sure I will be listening for weeks and months to come.
Buy it, you won't be disappointed. This is indeed a new career best for behemoth. Get the deluxe edition so that you can see the fantastic live performance and documentary on the making of the album too. It's definitely worth it.
on 3 February 2014
It's powerful. I know who we're talking about here and it might seem redundant, but believe me, it's not. It's dramatic.
Vocally travels a lot, from raw power in Blow Your Trumpets, through painful and dramatic screams in Satanists, to declamation in In The Absence Ov Light.
Musically it's just perfect, if anything maybe even to perfect. I loved the baroque sound of Apostasy.
Three songs stand out for me, Blow Your Trumpets Gabriel, Satanist and Ora Pro Nobis Lucifer.
on 17 March 2014
The Satanist is an awesome Behemoth's return. From the doomy riffs on Blow Your Trumpets Gabriel to the epic O father O satan O sun, all the songs on the album reach an amazing level. Special mention to the song Ora Pro Nobis Lucifer, which groovy riffs will make you headbang hard. Horns up, Behemoth are back \m/
on 19 February 2015
This album was born from tragedy and disease that thankfully Nergal has walked away from and instead of maybe thanking some kind of higher power in the title the new album is the satanist and its a beauty. The standard of this group is high anyway but this is one of the great extreme albums of last year for sure.
Darkness falls from this album but its also catchy, no mad long songs just a nice, maybe nice is the wrong word, but it flows well, doesnt outstay its welcome, feels lean, incredibly focused and a highlight in the bands fine catalogue.
on 6 March 2014
When I first popped it in my Hi-fi I asked myself why I even bothered to buy the CD however I decided to nevertheless, rip it onto my phone where... I was pleasantly surprised at how brilliant each song was! There are a lot of small details that I didn't pick up from the Hifi as well. Each song deserves it's place on this album bar 2, Furor Divinus and Messe Noire which I found both to be a little on the boring side, however every other song was amazing and choosing a favourite is hard. The artwork inside the album case is detailed and the only quarrel I have with the album is that even though they have decided to put the lyrics in there they are damn near unreadable as they are all scribbled down.

Aside from the the album itself, the bonus DVD features a full live performance and a short documentary. The documentary itself isn't much to rave about since you can find it on the bands youtube channel. The live performance I haven't watched yet but looks like a nice edition to the album.
on 29 July 2015
I don't no much about black metal but I love this I have cradal of filth new one and enslaved and godsend and swallow the sun and that's it have I mist eny more I love this CD but am not a devil worshiper
on 11 September 2014
great album. if you're buying it, you probably know what to expect. without a doubt one of the best metal albums of this year. the live show is very good, and the experimental documentary is very well made. go for it.