Format: Audio CD|Change

on 13 March 2014
The anticipation and wait for Ghetts' debut album, Rebel With a Cause, spans back to 2010 with the release of his mixtape, The Calm Before The Storm, which many thought would be followed by the album. But year by year, Rebel With a Cause still wasn't released. Despite the wait being made up by two exceptional mixtapes, Merry Christmas EP and Momentum, Rebel With a Cause's continued absence gave it an almost Detox-ian like aura.

But after what feels like the longest 4 years, Rebel With a Cause is finally with us, and "worth the wait" does not even come close to fully describing the quality of this album.
It has been a long time since I've heard an album that seems so coherent, so remarkable from beginning to end while developing from one sound to another throughout.

The album's Intro is a truly amazing start to the album and definitely paints the picture for what is yet to come. "How do I look so young when I've been in the game for 10 years" is Ghetts' opening lyric, which could not be more spot on. How has Ghetts been able to be one of the main figureheads in Grime for so long yet always sounding so fresh? Simply, because he is always evolving, always getting better, and Rebel With a Cause is definitely Ghetts at his best, in my opinion.

Only Ghetts can make album that features aggressive explosions like "Gas Mark 9", "Buck-I" and "Rude Boy" appear along side real deep, conscious moments such as "Broken Home", "Times Change" and "These Words" and it all fit together so perfectly.

The progression that is made so naturally throughout the album is remarkable that by the time you've reached "These Words", you feel like its a completely different album to what it was merely half an hour ago.
The album has its angry moments ("Rebel", "Gas Mark 9"), its truly happy moments ("Fatherhood") and its beautifully introspective moments ("Broken Home", "Fire Burning", "These Words", "Ghetto No More", "What I've Done").

Picking the best song out of this album is simply impossible, as each song is as amazing as the one before and after it. You really shouldn't need much convincing to buy Rebel With a Cause, as it is an album that does not stop giving, and is without a doubt one of the best albums to come out in years.
on 3 April 2016
This isn't "just grime" this is a great piece of art. Production is powerful and often experimental. Ghetts' lyrical and delivery skills are like nothing else I have ever heard. The 1st time I've listened to this album it hit me how raw and complex it was and it has only gotten better with every single time...

I can not imagine getting bore of this album. It's been two years and still each time I play it I end up setting it on repeat.
on 15 April 2014
For anyone interested in Grime, this is a must buy.
Ghetts is a Grime icon, and never disappoints.
Some great singers collaborating on this also, and every track unique
on 8 January 2015
Got this as a gift for my older brother and he LOVES this album!!
on 8 February 2015
Not what I expected but willing to try another one of his albums
on 19 March 2014
Since 2000 and life I have been addicted to this guy. His lyrics and flow are just incredible and I believe he's up there with the best in the music industry (UK and US). He's came a long way and worked hard to get where he is and fully deserves all the success he gets. I recommend this to all the rebels out there! Support to keep grime and real artists alive!
on 12 March 2015
Very talented
on 12 October 2014
Uks best.
on 16 June 2014
Rebel With A Cause is a modern UK classic! I would definitely put it up there with BOY IN DA CORNER, HOME SWEET HOME and TREDDIN' ON THIN ICE!