5.0 out of 5 stars Converts the sceptics, 23 May 2014
Bought this in Lochmaddy, North Uist (well, a release on Machair Records ought to be bought near some machair - sorry, Amazon!) the other day, while it was playing in the background.

As others have commented, I cannot tell what the songs are about (yes, I know, I could read the translations in the liner notes...), but am content to listen to the voice as an instrument in its own right...And a fine instrument it is too!

This is just lovely and is even convincing the strange woman I live with that there is some merit to Scottish traditional music (it's only taken me 25 years to get to this point, so thank you Julie Fowlis).

So, if this album can do that I am struggling to think of higher praise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Julie Fowlis., 12 May 2014
This review is from: Gach Sgeul / Every Story (MP3 Download)
If you want genuine, honest, Gaelic music, you must get this album, and her others. She is a wonderfully natural Gaelic singer/musician and a great down to earth person.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning sounds, 2 May 2014
Beautiful folk music that supplies energy and relaxation in equal measure. Very talented musician. I was worried my not understanding the language would lessen my appreciation but that was unfounded.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Yet?, 14 Mar 2014
Discovered Julie Fowlis back in 2007, and have collected her work since then. She gathers a small number of superb musicians, whose expertise melds beautifully with the purity of her vocals. I think this album, in its content, arrangement and production, is possibly her best one so far!

4.0 out of 5 stars Gaelic songs and music from an artist with a great voice, 11 Aug 2014
Another very good album by Julie Fowlis. The usual mix of songs and instrumental tracks. Maybe I'm just taking Julie for granted but this album didn't blow me away as much as previous releases.

5.0 out of 5 stars angelic crystal-clear voice of a true artist, 6 Aug 2014
This is an excellent CD with beautiful music - Celtic music at its best! We rate Julie Fowlis highly but haven't bought a CD of her music before, and we are pleased we did this time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful! Both Julie and her music!, 25 Feb 2014
A. Howes (The Shire) - See all my reviews
As you can tell I'm an ardent fan; this latest release is another gem - I just wish she'd comje down south.

Gach Sgeul / Every Story