Format: Audio CD|Change

on 1 April 2014
I read some review before purchasing this one, and the consensus was pretty good based on the quality of the master recording. I thought, why not? Getting Aretha's best known songs in the best possible sound quality - better move while there still are physical products out there to buy.

I had this record on vinyl back in the days (still have but I do not listen to vinyl anymore) and knew that the selection of songs is stellar. But I don't remember it sounding nearly as good as this SACD.

These stereo recordings offer exactly what I am looking for - wide and three dimensional soundfield, deep base and shimmering heights. Yes, there are for sure some flaws in the recordings but I don't mind a bit since the overall mastering and presentation is absolutely top notch.

100% recommended! I doubt that classic Aretha has sounded any better, ever.
on 18 April 2014
You all know the songs, surely?

You don't need me to tell you how good the material is, do you?

You don't need me to tell you why Aretha is The Queen of Soul.

This disc, though, offers significant sonic improvements over other versions of these songs I either have or have heard, sounding more realistic and natural, having greater detail in both voices and instruments, more of a "you are there" quality to the sound, just MORE of Aretha and the excellent backing musicians, MORE soul, MORE expression and emotion. Actually, even the standard CD layer of this hybrid, as is usual for Mo Fi IME, is an improvement on previous CDs.

Packaging is Mo Fi's usual, with a protective liner for the disc (I always like this little touch).

A must for all Aretha fans who want to hear MORE!
on 26 March 2014
This may only comprise of her 1967 through 1969 recordings for Atlantic but frankly they've never sounded better than on this hybrid sacd (Playable on regular cd players). Strongly recommended.
on 21 May 2016
All Top Notch
on 16 January 2015
good
on 10 July 2013
well I have to say this album is aptly titled, it is pure gold indeed and as for entertainment value, again it is pure gold