on 24 March 2014
Best thing about the remote is it lights up when you pick it up. This is very helpful in low light or darkness and also means that the remote saves power when not in use. Downside of this you could say, is that it does light up with just the smallest movement on the sofa for example, but it goes off within a few seconds so isn't a big deal really.

Had no issues thus far with it, and makes controlling Blu-Rays and Netflix a lot easier than using the Xbox controller.

Mainly bought this for my parents, who really can't use the Xbox controller. They love it.
on 15 March 2014
My Xbox One has replaced my dvd player, so to use the games controller is more than frustrating when not playing games. This little media remote provides the perfect accessory for everything else.

It's sturdily built, backlit (controlled by a motion sensor), and small, so doesn't take up too much space and has few buttons (which is a good thing, given that many remotes these days are littered with different things to press). All in all a great purchase and I recommend it to anyone who uses the Xbox as the entertainment device it is touted to be!
on 13 August 2015
I wanted to take advantage of the Xbox one multimedia system. Connected it with my TV and needed a remote to control volume etc. I wanted to use Xbox one just to watch Netflix etc. A controller isn't suited for this as it wastes battery unnecessarily and the remote is easier to use. One great feature is the controller turns on when picking it up and turns off when putting it down. Furthermore it's connected straight to the Xbox out of the box and requires no sync. Definitely recommend buying this if you use the Xbox heavily Netflix etc
on 27 March 2015
I'm so happy that I purchased this. It means that I don't have to turn on a controller when I need to press play on the next episode of a box set that i'm watching (just one example). When you pick the remote up, the buttons become backlit which makes it SO much easier to see what you're doing if the lights are dimmed or off. The only downside for me is that you have point the remote directly at the Xbox, but i'd definitely sacrifice that for the quality of this remote. I recommend to anyone who regularly uses their Xbox for media.
on 3 February 2016
This is smooth. Literally. It's made using some sort of smooth feeling matte plastic. I like the 'self balancing' design. Also, the buttons illuminate when you pick it up, and go dark after being put down for a few seconds. It's very nicely made, and makes viewing films, TV series, listening to music, etc. Much easier. Saves on having to switch the XBox One controller back on each time you want to pause a film, etc.

Some 'apps' don't accept commands from it, so it doesn't completely replace the XBox One controller.
on 9 April 2014
Its a Media Remote that controls your Xbox One. It does need to be able to see the Xbox for it to work and is not bluetooth enabled like i believe the PS4 is. However if it can see you console then it works perfectly. The remote lights up when you pick it so if your into watching movies in a dark room this little feature is great. Overall its a good remote and feels nice to the touch. It is quite expensive for what it is but has a quality feel to it and if you use your console for Netflix, Movies etc then its a must have.
on 17 March 2014
I received my Xbox One Media Remote on the 14/3/14. Took it out of the box, plugged in the batteries, pointed it at the Xbox One and bingo it worked straight out of the box. No syncing or pairing to be done.

Remote feels very robust with a nice rubbery feel. Not too many button so nice and easy to use. Very simple to use and would recommend to buy for the xbox one.

What i thinck - It was of been better with a rechargeable batters just like the play and charge but then the cost world be diffent.
on 24 November 2015
Fantastic media remote for the Xbox. Bought for my husband, but used more by me. I'm not familiar with Xbox controllers & use the Xbox to watch Netflix & YouTube.

The media remote is simple & easy to use, so I can now use the Xbox too. Lightweight with a comfortable rubber underneath. The buttons also light up
& are sensitive to touch, particularly useful when I'm watching a film in low lighting & want to adjust the volume of pause.

Fab gadget, worth the money.
on 16 June 2016
not so great. I was just about to return it. You have to point the remote straight at the console and aim for it, otherwise it doesn't work. Someone here said that's because it's not on bluetooth. Fair enough, but even on infra-red I've seen much better remotes and I'm sure many people have where, you can point the remote pretty much in any direction and it would still work.
It's convenient to have all in one place on the other hand on the positive side (volume control,etc).
on 5 May 2015
Excellent product, I hate using the controller while only watching TV as it has a habit of falling on the floor and damaging the LB and RB buttons so the media remote was the perfect choice. The rubberized feel and the considerable price difference between the remote and a controller makes it easy to use, not likely to fall and break and easier to pay for if anything did happen to it. Plus the motion sensor makes it easy to find and use when its dark as all the buttons light up.