5.0 out of 5 stars Better than its price suggests
I bought this printer for printing out photographic prints for sale as a small side business. I couldn't find many reviews online, but the ones i did find were very complimentary.

Happily, I can say they weren't wrong. For photo printing at least (I haven't used it for anything but printing photos on glossy photo paper using canon's branded ink tanks)...
Published 7 months ago by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Print quality and speed are fine, but... (updated)
Print quality and speed are fine - not as good as my 6 year old, perfectly functioning Canon i9950 - but sadly Canon refuse to update the drivers to work on the latest operating systems, so that machine is now nothing more than a rather large paperweight. I'll try and Freegle it locally, otherwise its off to landfill. Shame on you Canon.

Pleased to see this...
Published 17 days ago by nielsrey

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than its price suggests, 9 May 2014
This review is from: Canon PIXMA iX6850 Wi-Fi Office Printer - Black (Accessory)

The printer is a good bit larger than I imagined it would be from just looking at pictures of it, taking up about 1.5 a3 sheet lengths in width, 1.5 a3 sheet widths in depth with the top loading tray open (the front output tray comes out about a foot in addition to this). That said, it still manages to be decently compact for the size of paper it handles.

Photo print quality seems to be great, with my only complaint being that colours come out a little darker than on-screen, which is easily remedied by either tweaking the picture or the print settings.

Speed wise, it spits out a borderless a3 full colour sheet pretty quickly (maybe a minute-ish) at the highest quality setting.

Ink usage seems reasonable, but i haven't used the printer enough to make a full judgement as yet. I'll update this review if it turns out to be an ink hog.

overall - im very happy to say i have an a3 colour photo printer that does a good job without costing a fortune.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Stunning, 8 April 2014
S. Mortimer (Ashford, Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
I purchased this inkjet for doing A3 posters for events and for printing home photographs, not for text documents.

First Impression
First impressions are good. The printer is well packaged, it feels solid enough but is bigger than expected. The build quality looks ok to me.

Unpack and Setup
Do not expect much documentation on how to setup the printer. The foldout instructions were a little misleading - for example you can not install the inks until after you turn it on due to the location of the printer head - but actually it wasn't that hard.
I setup over WIFI following onscreen instructions, which again needed re-reading several times to work out what was actually needed. All in all it took about 15 mins to get the printer ready for its first photo.

Photo Image Quality
This is what its all about. I printed out a series of sample pictures A4 borderless on the both the Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy II and the everyday Canon GP501 Glossy photo paper. The pictures included a black and white portrait, colour portrait, a beach landscape and a clip art style poster. Every single picture absolutely blew my mind. The quality if amazing. Its not premium photo lab quality, but it beat the last round of internet mail order photos from Tesco. Its good enough for us to use in the photo frames around the house, and i consider myself picky. The print speed was pretty good also. It was very hard to see a difference between the everyday and the premium glossy paper, but there was a slight difference.

Text Image Quality
Its very acceptable, for an ink jet. I have a big office laser printer for text and you can easily see the difference, so this doesn't bother me at all.

Overall
I would recommend this printer without hesitation.

A note also on the consumables. For those wondering, the ink cartridges that came with the printer seem reasonable full to me. I have done about 10 full A4 pictures and used maybe 5% of the ink. I have no idea how this compares to the full retail versions.

4.0 out of 5 stars Only worth getting if you really need it, 29 July 2014
Amazon Customer "Sussman" (London CA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
A3 printer that only prints, there's no scanning option - its designed to suit a home office environment. If you're printing colour office documents like charts and spreadsheets, you'll be pleased with the results. You get Wi-Fi connectivity with this printer; you also have the option of using a wired Ethernet connection.

If any one of the inks runs out, you need to change it before you can carry on printing - a warning message pops up warning against the ongoing risk of damage to the printer. So in order to continue you'll need to purchase more ink before the last warning for continued printing. You can't set this printer up to automatically print on both sides of a page. Ink running costs could be better - on average this device used 300% more ink when printing occasionally (this is because like similar printers this printer cleans it print heads if you only print occasionally. This process of cleaning the heads uses ink that never reaches the paper), compared with printing the same number of pages in one go, which is rather a downside with this printer.

This is printer that is only worth getting if you really need it - as general printer there better options out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 15 May 2014
A. D. Clift (Bromley Kent UK) - See all my reviews
When I checked some review sites this printer was getting a very average press. Then I looked in detail where it had been marked down. No card slots - never use them. No Pictbridge - never use it. No paper cartridge - don't need it. Poor text print results - that's what I have a Laser printer for. Then I looked at photo performance and it was reported as impressive.

Totally agree. The performance as a photo printer is considerably better than the price point would suggest. It's reasonably fast, even on A3 although it shows Canon's normal faffing about at start up. It was no problem to install wirelessly on either my Mac using the driver download site and my Windows 8 (yuk) laptop using the supplied DVD.

For me Canon have got it right with this one. Don't include Pictbridge, SD slots, cartridges etc. that few people need especially if you have a normal A4 office printer, just make a printer that spits out super quality photographs on A3 at a sensible price.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am delighted with my purchase, 1 Dec 2014
I am delighted with my purchase. I did a lot of research ahead of the purchase and decided that I didn't need a multi-purpose printer having two such A4 Canon printers already. Initially I was tempted by an Epson A3 printer, mainly because of customer expectations (I wanted a printer which could be used to print from scanned images of pen & ink and watercolour drawings). Epson have certainly built an enviable reputation for being able to produce long lasting prints. I had to dispense with this idea for two reasons - the Epson equivalent is much more expensive, and Epson are in the process of changing their ink delivery system but unfortunately their new refillable ink tanks haven't made their way to the A3 printers yet. As I couldn't wait to buy my printer, I decided that I would go for the cheaper option, namely this Canon. I am very glad I did. It was easy to set up, although I have not used the wifi option. It prints beautifully on a wide range of papers - I have been printing the pen & ink drawings on Fabiano No5 and the results are just amazing. On top of all that, I have yet to change the ink cartridges which came with the printer! One final word - it is very quiet and amazingly compact.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon A3 Printer, 9 April 2014
Seem similar to the A4 MP630 in printer performance but A3 format useful ! The price OK would recommend to anyone with A3 requirements

5.0 out of 5 stars Great printer ., 2 Jun 2014
OK , it is only a printer and not an all in one , but it prints in great quality as you would expect from Canon , would highly recommend if you want great photos , fast delivery too .

5.0 out of 5 stars Great results, and very close to original photos., 19 April 2014
Fast service and good price. The printer is much better than I thought it would be. The photo quality is very high standard and I would recommend to anyone wanting to print at home. And with the freedom of having A3 it's a bonus if you want to print large blow ups. It's pretty quick too. Very pleased

5.0 out of 5 stars Speedy thoroughbred printer, 26 May 2014
Great printer! Am a little daunted by the Wifi set up bit, as I don't have wifi fully installed in my place yet I have ( doh! ) realised my problem;?! Other than that a good solid fine quality , speedy workhorse!

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon quality product, 28 Aug 2014
Ian Cooper (England) - See all my reviews
If you want a no frills reasonable price A3 printer with excellent print quality look no further when you see your first A3+ print coming through the machine having come from A4 machines it's very impressive only top loads though and requires quite a bit of space wifi very easy to set up and works very well.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›