5.0 out of 5 stars good
Really, really good and a massive improvement over my old iPad 2. The screen is stunning. Fantastic detail, and pretty good brightness. Could be a little whiter whites tho - common with Samsung devices.

Battery lasts all day, and the microsd reader takes 128 gb cards - fantastic & take note other manufacturers

Touchwiz is a lot less annoying than on...
Published 1 month ago by John Ogden

1.0 out of 5 stars Look at the on-line forum reviews

Firstly this review is of the Item and NOT of the seller.

If you are looking at this Tablet you should read the massive amount of on line forum reviews. There is a major issue of this items charging of its battery. You...
Published 3 days ago by medic

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 1 Nov 2014
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy Note PRO 12.2-inch Tablet (White) - (Exynos 5 Octa 1.9GHz, 3GB RAM, 32GB Storage, WLAN, BT, 2x Camera, Android 4.4) (Personal Computers)

Touchwiz is a lot less annoying than on other devices, to the point I stuck with it rather than nova launcher. Samsung keyboard is superb. Really like the feel and row of number keys. Installed apps are ok. Some bloat, eg nytimes app, but the sketchem thing is brilliant and really shows off the spec's functionality.

Tablet is big, but I found it light and with good ergonomics. I bought with a keyboard case, and as long as you have a desk it's as good as a laptop. Web pages especially look great, and with the RDP client I have full control of a set of Windows servers (thanks azure)

Comes with 50gb of Dropbox which is nice

Moans... doesn't highlight spelling errors - as with all Samsung devices. Sound is ok & stereo but quite tinny but that's very minor. Lacks some iPad gestures, like the one for closing an app or popping up the music player. Couldn't get MHL to work with tv.

Paid 390 - fantastic value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tablet. Just make sure you get a UK ..., 29 Jun 2014
Great tablet. Just make sure you get a UK version. First one I got was from Hong Kong. Too much hassle, (warranty dubious). If it doesn't state "UK Model" in the item description, ask the seller if it is a UK model.

4.0 out of 5 stars It is good, but Samsung NEVER go that extra mile to make it 5 STARS., 17 Jun 2014
P Seccombe (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
Back Ground
This is my first tablet, but my 3rd Samsung mobile device and 4th stylus device. I have a Galaxy Note 1. I have been using stylus devices since the first Palm Pilot.

Review General Review
The screen size is fantastic and the stylus works great. I have no issues of PPI or colour. It is all an improvement to my old note. I had some minor issue with SD card reader, but that turn out to be a bad SD Card.
It is big and little too heavy if you combine it with an optional cover* it is probably approaching 1kg.

Playing around with video, gallery, internet, music etc it all seems fine. But if you are purchasing this device for that you might as well go for a 12.2 Tab. I like the feature where I can put a video in a popup box and it stays on top.

Primary Role of my Device
I purchased this device so I can take notes in business meetings and in class. I am trying to avoid dragging around note pads and textbooks and I have everything in one place and easy historical access to it.

A couple of things I like the size. The tablet itself is almost A4 in size. When stack in with a bunch of A4 paper hand-outs you wouldn't know there was tablet mixed in there***.

In meetings I generally just need the S note. I am not sure I like the new way you add shapes to a note, but I can learn to live with it, but I would have preferred an option in the settings to select the old input method. If you have any last minute hand-outs in a meeting it is annoying to write something on a hand-out while juggling the note.

I took the device to adult education class. All my textbooks are scanned PDFs. So using the multi-tasking feature half the screen was the pdf while the other was the S Note. I have to say it really works great. In Landscape mode the screen split in half gives you two 8" displays (portrait). Resizing the application is easy if you need a bigger viewing area. S-Note automatically saves changes which was handy. In a two hour class I wrote probably one page on S-Note and several notes on the PDF. I lost 4% of the battery.

I have used stylus continuously for 2 hours with S Note while a fifth of the screen was allocated to word document. In 2 hours I lost about 15-20% power. So power usage should be well within my demands. Hopefully I will get 3 days without having to recharge.

The accuracy of the interpreted pen inputs for quick handwriting isn't much better than original note. S Note seems to smooth out the jaggedness of touch screen sensors which makes it look better, but nowhere near like a real pen. It is still miles better than a palm device in its day.

Why 4 Stars
I find with all Samsung devices they seem to make their products fit the bill, but they NEVER go that extra mile when refining it.
The pen is short and thin. It has very little weight and doesn't feel comfortable to hold. I find the button on the stylus is awkward and fiddly and I don't have gorilla hands. They could have added a capacitive button to the device say on the left and right sides of the device (for left handed people) or on the screen itself. Why didn't they stick an electronic eraser on the other end of the s-pen, that would have been a nice touch.

The S Note is again functional it works, it works fine actually. The issue is when you try to write to the far right** or bottom of a page. Why don't they allow you to reposition the corner of a page to the middle of the screen? This would allow you to rest you hand on the screen. Instead it is awkward and sometimes difficult to write to the end or bottom. This doesn't help if you are in a busy meeting or class and information is being fired at you. I find I am losing page space as it isn't worth the hassle.

If I have a windowed application and click on full screen accidently, I can't work out how to return it back to windowed view, without having to re-open the app again.

*ASIN: B00HRY2LPE
**I am right handed.
*** I purchased the White Note

5.0 out of 5 stars wow great tablet, 6 July 2014
I had the samsung galaxy tab 3 10.1 when I heared they had the 12.2 pro out I wanted to get it so I did and what a tablet I love it, it's alot better then the 10.1 fasted, clear colours, great for films, im a big fan of samsung I like it more then apple so well done samsung

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb piece of kit!, 8 Sep 2014
Very impressed, as I was sure I would be, having thoroughly researched before purchase. This enables me to work on the move without the huge weight of laptop to lug around. Connectivity to PC by wireless or USB is efficient, and also to cameras, wireless printer etc. The display is superb. I have also had a go at programming using C and Fortran - very good for developing new programmes. My only niggle is with the Android OS, which I think can be best described as "work in progress". In particular, I am unable to take ownership of files, as I would on any other kind of Linux OS. However, this is only a very minor complaint as I did not buy the tablet for this purpose.

5.0 out of 5 stars Close to an ideal laptop replacement, 10 Sep 2014
Close to an ideal laptop replacement as it has lots of real estate on a fine looking uhd screen and a decent collection of bundled hancom office apps with the pro model. I'm a heavy Google apps for business user and he new standalone Google drive apps are great too. More than a full day on a charge even when used extensively through the day with wifi and bluetooth active for mice & keyboard. Outputs to projectors with additional mhl to hdmi cable for presentations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally my long wait is over, 27 Sep 2014
Simply the best tablet experience I've ever had and I've played with them all at PC world but none of them floated my boat. The specifications are impressive with a 2560x1600 display which delivers brilliant vibrant colours and a battery performance to boot. I can watch full 1080p videos with 5.1 audio all day and browse the web. No Laptop comes close to delivering this battery performance and you'll be shelling out a fortune for one with a display this good. USB3 OTG allows you to stream video off external hard drive, and use keyboard and mouse. I use it a lot to show photos and they are simply stunning. I love the audio quality too. Just wish I could get ports for all my PC software to Android.
Camera is not the best in the world but still offers excellent performance on this type of device. Use it as a magnifier and macro work which it does better than my compact cameras.

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Galaxy Note pro 12.2" tablet, 16 Jun 2014
Allan Smith "Allan" (Brentwood) - See all my reviews
Having read a number of reviews I purchased this and absolutely love it. The coloured screen is amazing and can be used in full sunlight. The white body and frame make a nice change to the usual dull colours. Although they don't recommend it, it does work fine with a screen protector. The stylus is amazing to use and stores securely. The photos I have taken are absolutely brilliant and holiday photos taken in Turkey are admired by everyone that sees them. PC shopper generally liked it apart from the price, but this was £160 below the cheapest price they found. The only drawback I have come across is that my e-mail provider does not have a Kit Kat 4.4 app, so I cannot just click an icon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 9 May 2014
Astonishing tablet. I come from an iOS background and am used to apple build quality, and let's be clear - it's not *quite* up to Apple standards. But that's the only negative.

I bought this to replace paper notes - I seem to spend my life in meetings about meetings - and have already taken loads of pages of handwritten notes in the 48 hours I've had it. Spent hours in Autodesk sketching, wireframing, illustrating - love it. Really can't put it down, simply inspires me to create!

Obviously it's expensive. But it's a 12" tablet - it's frickin' huge. The only reason you'd want this is if you're serious about sync'd note-taking (evernote app is great, I use it across all devices), or are looking for a cheaper alternative to something like the Wacom Cintiq Hybrid/Companion. My partner is a painter and to this point has steadfastly refused to go digital, preferring real brushes and paint - and now when I take it home from work in the evenings, she can't put it down!

I'm not going to get into the iOS vs Android debate. Quite simply, for using a proper Wacom stylus (the S Pen is Wacom tech, as is the layer under the screen that makes it work), an iPad can't compete (I've tried all the stylii, including the bluetooth pressure sensitive ones). Palm rejection - in the apps that support it, at least - is superb, making the writing/drawing/painting functionality feel much more authentic. Only thing I'd add - combine it with a matte screen protector and swap out the default white rubbery tip for one of the smooth clear tips that come in the box - makes it feel more like a paper surface.

If you've got a real reason to get this, or just money burning a hole in your pocket, do it. You won't regret your purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars F A N T A S T I C !!!, 29 April 2014
I already have a Samsung Galaxy s$ smartphone, so kind of knew what to expect, but it has exceeded those expectations. My partner has an ipad she just bought, but this is way better then her ipad (and she agrees) !!

Only downside is that it only came with basic instructions, but instructions were easily found on the interweb, so no real problem.