5.0 out of 5 stars The book your estate agent doesn't want you to read!
Published 12 months ago by Anthony

3.0 out of 5 stars Most Common Knowledge
Most of it is common knowledge and pointless....but there were a couple of "insights" that saved it from a one or two star rating.
Published 5 months ago by SRD

5.0 out of 5 stars The book your estate agent doesn't want you to read!, 12 Feb. 2014
This is an insightful look at how estate agents operate and wished I read it earlier when I was in the process of buying and selling my home. The author clearly explains the estate agent lingo, for example the difference between multiple and sole agency contracts, and what sort of things to watch for. The book not only covers all the stages of buying, selling, making an offer, viewings, the purpose of estate agent boards, etc, but also sets out the role of estate agent and the potential they have to act in their own interests as opposed to the buyers and sellers.

The book is peppered throughout with real life stories which brings it to life and makes it an easy and entertaining read. By comparison, I find other property books dry and academic. This would make a great gift for anyone thinking of buying or selling soon to help them navigate through the buying and selling process and to avoid any common pitfalls.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative and quite entertaining too., 10 Feb. 2014
I'm in the process of moving home and found this book extremely helpful. In fact, you should've seen the faces of the estate agents I've been dealing with when I used some of the information and jargon provided in this book. Two of them actually asked me if I'd ever worked as an agent - love it! I was able to to THEM why I should or shouldn't have one of their for sale boards outside my house and they were lost for words. What I didn't know before reading this book though, is just how competitive a business estate agency can be. The book is filled with lots of real-life scenarios which were very helpful in explaining certain points and some of the stories within it are hilarious to say the least - an estate agent caught stealing under garments from a client's laundry basket!! All in all a fascinating read and quite funny too.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great insight into the mysterious world of estate agency!, 23 Jun. 2014
I was given this book by a friend just as I started looking for my first property. Lucas has explained what is usually a dull subject into an entertaining lighthearted read. Although I had limited knowledge on the subject before reading the book, after discussing some of the concepts with more experienced propetiers it demonstrated the depth of the content presented.

The stories, situations, and motivations explained helped me to position myself best to ensure my interests were catered for in the deal.

Definitely worth a read if you want to increase your understanding of the workings of estate agents!

5.0 out of 5 stars Before buying or selling a house I highly recommend you read this book., 25 Feb. 2014
Before buying a house I highly recommend you read this book. Written by an ex- estate agent with many years experience in the trade, you will get to learn many of the tricks too many of them use to sell your house or to sell you a house. Whilst some of the things in the book may seem like common sense and logical to avoid in the buying or selling process through the agent,the subtle cunningness and guile implemented by agents can suck the smartest of people into these traps, after all they do this everyday for a living. The author uses a lot of real life stories delivered with wit and humour which made the book easy to follow and a pleasure to read. This book is a must for anyone buying or selling a home and I salute the author for a job well done.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic, informative look into the life of Estate Agents, 14 July 2014
A fantastic, informative look into the life of Estate Agents. This book is obviously written by someone with many years of experience in the industry, really lifting the lid, on what truly goes on! Over the past 6 years I have moved house three times, I learned a lot in the process but also made some mistakes and after reading this book, much of what happened now makes sense. Particularly how estate agents compete with each other, I only wish I had been able to read it before, as it is an invaluable resource to anyone moving home. This book is refreshingly honest, and also humorous, which makes it easy to read. I would highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book., 10 Feb. 2014
BARNEY (LONDON, UK) - See all my reviews
I've dabbled in property development and buy to-let. Also have friend and relative, both experienced estate agents, who tell me some of the stuff in this book is spot on, begrudgingly of course. How estate agents compete with each other explains why some properties on the market are heavily overpriced. I now also understand why I may have lost a deal or two as well. How estate agents handle repossessed property is covered in detail and there are also a few funny stories about what some of the blighters get up to in empty houses. I liked it.

5.0 out of 5 stars miss, 13 Feb. 2014
Just in the process of selling my flat and came across this little gem. Answered a lot of questions and ideas that I didn't feel comfortable sharing with my agent. Well worth the money and had me in stitches at times with the comic stories that the author has blended in.

5.0 out of 5 stars If your going to buy a property, read this first!!!, 20 July 2014
This review is from: Inside EA: A Behind the Scenes Look at How Estate Agents Operate (Kindle Edition)
This book really did help me with purchasing my property. It gave me an understanding into how estate agents work and helped me to completing a property purchase with some insider information.

In summary if your going to buy a property, read this first!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Most Common Knowledge, 14 Sept. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars It is clear and concise with wonderful little anecdotes richly rewarding the reader with a deep ..., 14 July 2014
I have worked in both Lettings and Residential for a number of years and was looking for a book that would clearly lay out how the world of Estate Agency really works. This was for a friend who was interested in getting into the industry. However I found that upon reading this book I had stumbled onto a little jem. It is clear and concise with wonderful little anecdotes richly rewarding the reader with a deep insight into the world of estate agency.
It does not matter whether you are seasoned in the industry or whether you are a first time buyer looking for some good honest advice either way this book will give you what you need. Its no nonsense approach is refreshing, the information contained with valuable, proving that this a well informed and experienced author. This is a book definitely worth the buy.