5.0 out of 5 stars Doctor Who might end due to fan stupidity
Published 1 month ago by P.A. Taylor

2.0 out of 5 stars Series 8..still in the dark
Imagine my surprise to find that this shiny disc thing sent to me in 1974 was a blu ray of this series (its not a season, theres only 4 of them), not knowing what it was, I used it to make a copy of Noddy Holders (from Slade) hat......I feel stupid now, I have nothing more to say.
Published 5 months ago by Uxter

5.0 out of 5 stars Doctor Who might end due to fan stupidity, 22 Jun 2014
One star reviews for a show nobody had seen yet we're blamed for the final demise of Doctor Who. Many mourn what was said to be the greatest series yet. A spokesman for the BBC said that selling DVDS had always been vital to future funding for the show. Sadly a number of fans had given the show 1 star months before broadcast as a result sales to normal human beings who did not get the joke if indeed there was one, were badly effected.
A spokesman for the Doctor Who not appreciated society felt it was their letter to the sun saying it had always been rubbish that finally killed our wonderful doctor.
As a punishment for destroying something most of us loved, these people will be made to watch repeats of Big Brother, And Us loosing World Cup football matches on a loop for the rest of their lives and beyond.
Finishing on a bit of good news Amazon have at last agreed not to let something be reviewed until people have actually seen it, I wish!

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than Series 9, 29 Jan 2014
This review is from: Doctor Who - The Complete Series 8 [DVD] (DVD)
I ordered this DVD next week, and was delighted to find it had arrived by Christmas 2007. Capaldi absolutely nails the role, and Steven Moffat plays an eerily frightening Valeyard, even if the casting choice seems a little dubious. The return of Davros was handled superbly, the series arc was remarkably well-plotted, and the Kandyman's comeback was as terrifically shot as Series 12's "Vengeance of that Seaweed-looking Thing from that episode Pertwee or someone probably did" (a stand-out gem in a series which generally seemed as though they'd just stopped trying). 5/5, would definitely Capaldi again.

5.0 out of 5 stars New delivery service 'AmazonTime' promises to deliver items before they've even been ordered!, 31 Jan 2014
C. Ellis - See all my reviews
This review is from: Doctor Who - The Complete Series 8 [DVD] (DVD)
I ordered this on Tuesday morning with Next Day delivery. Not arriving on Wednesday I was perplexed, and then informed that it was a pre-order and that I would only receive this set upon release date. Not content with this I contacted a lawyer friend and due to an obscure piece of EU legislature Amazon were strongarmed into using their new delivery service that they haven't even invented yet, AmazonTime. By using what they refer to as a 'Type 40 Time Capsule' you can now get your items BEFORE you've even ordered them! Where will they go next?! Anyway, I now have this set in my hands!

Having watched it all I can say it is an absolute hoot! The Peter Jackson directed 'Indictment of the Daleks: Part 1', 'Indictment of the Daleks: Part 2 - Part 1' and 'Indictment of the Daleks: Part 2 - Part 2' is a captivating 9-hour story set between the hours of 4pm and 5pm.

Other highlights include, 'Lets Kill Osama', a story set in 1066 with absolutely no references to Osama Bin Laden whatsoever and the two-part 'Quarry Quandary' which is set entirely in a quarry in Wales, filmed on location in Singapore.

Also, the revelation of The Doctor's real name being Steven Moffat came as a huge surprise!

Bonus features include a reconstruction of the 'Lost' Episode 9, the only copy of which deleted from Steven Moffat's laptop by Caroline Skinner, who's portrayal of The Rani is an absolute delight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Series Ever!!!!, 2 Feb 2014
This review is from: Doctor Who - The Complete Series 8 [DVD] (DVD)
Series 8 was utterly Marvellous with Capaldi's Doctor constantly dropping the F Bomb. Episode 2 was so sad with the death of Clara but it soon picked up with his new American assistant Zoe Torres. Peter Capaldi's doctor was amazing so sad when he regenerated halfway through season 12 into Lady Gaga. My Personal favourite episode of this season was episode 4 when Capaldi audition on an episode of the X-Factor so that he could disable the android that had been hiding on earth in the body of Louis Walsh. And who can forget the classic 9th episode Cybermats on a SpaceLiner. Overall Brilliant Series!!!! Highly recommended. And available through Time Capsule if like me your from the 25th Century. To anyone reading this in the 21st Century though I'll give you a brief Spoiler alert. Yes there is life outside of your Solar System, No you won't be invaded and the future of the human race will be full of Peace and Equality.

4.0 out of 5 stars Penguins in my Doctor Who? It's more likely than you think., 30 Jan 2014
This review is from: Doctor Who - The Complete Series 8 [DVD] (DVD)
You thought McGann was a surprise? Imagine my shock when it was revealed that John Frobisher was actually Frobisher, the shapeshifting penguin. I would've given this five stars, but I had to knock a star off when Moffat continued his trend of making everyday items scary and gave us a monster in tea. Now I've had to switch to coffee and I still can't quite get used to the taste.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 31 Jan 2014
SEW (NY, MA, Ireland.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Doctor Who - The Complete Series 8 [DVD] (DVD)
I'd give details but by crossing my time stream I would create a temporal paradox that could crack the very fabric of time and space. Spoilers, sweetie!

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good., 1 Feb 2014
This review is from: Doctor Who - The Complete Series 8 [DVD] (DVD)
An excellent series for Peter Capaldi as the twelfth doctor. I wish he would have stayed a bit longer though, I was dissapointed when he regenerated into will.I.am. Jenna Coleman plays Clara brilliantly and so does William Hartnell as the first doctor, who joined the series halfway through with the invention of actual time travel by Russell t Davies. The new tardis interior however is confusing, as I thought it was the interior of the original starship enterprise. 7/10.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you for the Drones, 31 Jan 2014
David Carton (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Doctor Who - The Complete Series 8 [DVD] (DVD)
Who could have known that when Amazon were testing their unmanned drone deliveries that the system would become self aware (29 Aug 2013 in case you wanted to know), and began learning at an alarming rate, mostly from wikipedia wherein they discovered the secrets of temporal mechanics and began delivering unreleased dvds back in time to lucky reviewers such as myself.

And what a delight this series is. My favourite episode was "Somebody Else's Problem" which had a reanimated Douglas Adams clutching a script of Shada wandering the Tardis. Sadly no one could see him....

The guest appearances were great. I particularly liked hugh Jackman in the penultimate episode Bad Wolf.

Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars So good I chewed my own foot off, 31 Jan 2014
This review is from: Doctor Who - The Complete Series 8 [DVD] (DVD)
The first episode 'Long Tea Break of the Doctor' was a bit disappointing, although the new enemy race 'The Pancreas' look promising. Things really kick in a gear in episode 2 “Carry on Doctor” and Matron really seems like the new River Song but with more smut.

EP 3 is a tear jerker “Doctor, Doctor I think I'm a Pair of Curtains!' – It was tough to see the Cybermen being replaced by new improved Apple iCybermen. I thought it was a bit Deus Ex Machina for the Doctor to beat them by uploading Candy Crush into their Hive database though.

Ep 4,5,6,7,8,9 & 10, 11 and 12 is the first time 'modern' Who has done a long multi-episode arc and about time too. 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire' sees the Doctor stuck on a Games show planet where all is not as it seems. Actually it is, every episode sees the Doctor traversing through a game show, I didn't see the point really. The Daleks were fun to watch in Jeopardy. Every 'question' to the answer was Exterminate. And Blockbuster was hilarious “I'll have a P please Master!” lol!

The final episode was a big surprise. SPOILER ALERT for those who haven't already gone forward in time to watch it. “Knock Knock Who's Bare?” sees the Doctor in a nudist colony for the Slitheen. That's the first time I've hidden behind the couch since I was a kid, it was disgusting! But of course the big shock was when the Doctor regenerated into an Adipose. I didn't see that coming at all!

I can't wait to go forward in time to watch the next season, as soon as I get some fuel for Mr. Fusion. Anyone got a banana skin they don't need?

5.0 out of 5 stars A long-forgotten gem, 29 Jan 2014
This review is from: Doctor Who - The Complete Series 8 [DVD] (DVD)
Imagine the thrill that must have gone through the circuits of the World Service's aerial archivoid drone when it spotted an old-style analog "digital video thing" frozen in antarctic permafrost. This season has been on Doctor Who fans' "most-wanted lost serials" ever since its accidental loss in a routine vaultpurge in October 2088, and now at last it has been found!

Highlights include: the famous Terrible Zodin two-parter - recently named DWM's least worst serial of the first 100 year of the show; the Ice Warriors' feeble Christmas pantomime; the first appearance of the new TARDIS interior (smaller on the inside, that goof having FINALLY been corrected); and the famously horrific Easter special "Revenge of the Dinosaur", in which the Doctor is teleportally merged with previous companion Jamie McCrimmon, now aged 146. Plus, we can finally see the surviving "Young Davros" speech in its proper (and sexy!) context, in the powerful season finale "Time-Swim / Elephantiasis of the Daleks".

As with many of these old BBC digidisks during the Moffat era, there are menu options to switch off the female characters.

NOTE: Although most of the actual episodes survive in colour, Peter Capaldi himself is only in black & white, and Gemma Louise-Colman has had to be reconstructed from stills.

Doctor Who - The Complete Series 8 [DVD]
Doctor Who - The Complete Series 8 [DVD] by Peter Capaldi (DVD - 2014)
36.75