5.0 out of 5 stars Best way to get internet on your TV.
Published 5 months ago by M. Rocks

Published 4 months ago by Jürgen Bayer

5.0 out of 5 stars Best way to get internet on your TV., 23 Mar 2014
M. Rocks (Glasgow,Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Apple TV MD199HK/A (Electronics)
I hesitated for a long time before getting Apple TV . I feared it was just another box to gather dust. Even Apple themselves are supposed to view it as a "hobby" product Once the price came down, I decided to take a punt on it and I'm so glad I did. Just get a programme , film or radio show on your iPad (iPhone or Macintosh) and airplay to your TV. No more fiddling about at the back plugging in iPad adaptors, or coping with unfriendly Smart TV user interfaces. There's an app for Netflix but it's much easier to find it on an iPad and airplay it to the TV. You can even use your iPad for other purposes while it's airplaying to your TV in the background. Google's Chromecast is probably very good but it still looks like a work in progress. Pay not much more for Apple TV and you are getting a finished product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful!, 5 May 2014
SM (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
These work pretty well.

They allow pretty well for effectively using internet on your television. It works well in accessing the content already purchased from the iTunes Store and playing it on the TV.

Airplay is good. This is means by which it allows you to, through the use of wifi, view on your television whatever it is on your Apple device that you wish to view. So far we have tried it with photos, videos and some music, and it has worked very well for this purpose.

The box itself is very smart looking with sleek lines. It looks modern and not out of place alongside other modern technology. The remote also looks slimline and modern.

The only problem which I have encountered with this device is that it has a tendency to sometimes seemingly randomly, drop the wifi connection. This shouldn't happen as it is only a metre away from our hub. It isn't a problem we have with any of our other devices, so I can only assume that it's related to this device.

Overall it works well and I would recommend it. We have found it really useful so far.

2.0 out of 5 stars Apple TV seems to be not yet fully developed even in the third generation, 11 April 2014
Jürgen Bayer - See all my reviews
This review is from: Apple TV MD199HK/A (Electronics)
The channel selection is indeed of high quality (no garbage channels), but very limited compared to other media players like the Roku 3. Lending of movies is good quality and easy through iTunes. Video quality and user interface are excellent and Apple TV is also quite fast. The remote control is stylish and very easy to use, but my large thumb often accidently presses the button in the middle when trying to press an arrow button. Well, in principle this would result in 4 stars (one less because of the limited channel selection).

However, first no-go (and a star deduction) for Apple TV was that it was constantly interrupting online streams when connected via Wifi, even though the router was just a few feet away and the connection was around 100MBit/sec (around 50Mbit/sec over Wifi). The Roku 3 however, which we have now, works properly with the same Wifi. With Apple TV we could solve the problem using an Ethernet cable, but I don't like this solution.

The essential no-go (and another star deduction) was that when watching streams for more than one hour the audio got muddled and sounded alien-like. This could only be temporarily solved by restarting the stream or sometimes even setting the device to sleep and waking it up again. Apple 's Troubleshooting (Dolby off, audio to 16-bit) and updating the firmware did not fix the problem. Again: The Roku 3 does not have this problem in the same environment.

All in all I would really like Apple TV if it had just a few more channels and would just work as expected.

3.0 out of 5 stars Loosing connection, 14 May 2014
This review is from: Apple TV MD199HK/A (Electronics)
Keep loosing signal then have to start film again. Worse when trying to view from my IPad. Tried to re.boot but still the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 8 Mar 2014
This review is from: Apple TV MD199HK/A (Electronics)
Does exactly what I expected of it. I'm sure it can do more but the reason I bought it was for my daughter to use in her bedroom to access Netflix and mirror her iPad mini. It works flawlessly.
She can also use the likes of iPlayer, ITV Player, 4OD, Amazon Instant Video etc as long as the video is started on her iPad then it's wirelessly sent to her TV via Airplay.
She's over the moon with it. May buy another for downstairs even though we currently access Netflix via an app on our smart TV.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 15 May 2014
This review is from: Apple TV MD199HK/A (Electronics)
Good and bad points to this product. Excellent for using with my ipad especially if you have film / tv apps / YouTube etc. Easy to setup and connect. Great for viewing photos. A little disappointed with the TV / film content or rather the price. No free content at all, even BBC shows like Doctor Who (£1.89 per episode) free on I player. Overall though great little box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 July 2014
This review is from: Apple TV MD199HK/A (Electronics)
Can't live without this now that I have it recommended for all

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 8 July 2014
Cecil Habib (Paphos, Cyprus) - See all my reviews
Fascinating gadget!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth buying, 6 July 2014
Great product

5.0 out of 5 stars 21st century TV made easy, 4 July 2014
This review is from: Apple TV MD199HK/A (Electronics)
Love love love. It's been so lovely to stream downloads through the TV and share family photos and videos. As the services develop that come with the TV package, it will continue to get better.

Apple TV MD199HK/A