Published 6 months ago by Cari Hislop

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok read
Nice read.....bit of a rushed ending though, left me feeling eurgh
, felt like it wasn't finished, but if you want a quick easy read it's ok
Published 13 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Now I'll have to visit Seaside the next time I'm in Portland...just to soak in some of the magic., 23 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Fall: A Seaside Novel (Kindle Edition)
This is a super freaking brilliant! I Love Love Love the hero and heroine!!! I came across the book while trolling through the ibook store. I only clicked on it because I wasn't sure if the title was referring to the season or falling in love (or both - and I love that song Falling by Richard Marx I listen to in on endless replay while I write)...curiosity it will eventually kill me, but first it will make me poor...because this author is really good. I've already bought a second one and I'm feeling so emotionally wired (from the second book - good writing) I had to take a break. I suppose it's slightly insane to start near the end of a series, but it works well as a stand alone.

The characters already know each other. The story starts up several months after the hero has seriously shot himself in the foot (metaphorically speaking) with the girl he can't get out of his mind. She's 18 and just graduated from High school. He's this young movie star (you know you're old when twenty-three is really young - I remember when twenty-three sounded old)...anyway...he's this gorgeous movie star whose blown into a small Oregon seaside town (called Seaside - AKA Hell) with his friends and then falls for a local girl, daughter of a Pastor and then he runs away. He's a self admitted man-whore terrified of losing his heart...or rather losing any more pieces of his heart. The story starts with him being sent (against his will) back there to
kill time keeping out of trouble and serving in the community because he desperately wants the lead roll in this romantic movie (he normally does action films), but he needs to clean up his act. So his agent sends him back to Seaside where he'll hopefully get some good press.

This is funny and poignant. Read the first few free pages and if you love the voice of the hero...you will love the rest of the story. The story goes back and forth between the first person voice of the hero and the heroine so you get both perspectives (which I love). The author strips away the masks to reveal the hearts underneath. Five stars from the first page to the last (which is so refreshing - I'm so tired of reading five star books that half way through turn into three stars or worse. The hero is just so charismatic. I swear he feels real. I can only imagine the author's mental landscape...and the noise of the crowd of characters demanding her attention.

The author also writes Regency romances (I've only looked over the covers and read the blurbs) - more books to read!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but ..., 1 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Fall: A Seaside Novel (Kindle Edition)
Written from both Jaymaeson and Priscilla's POV ... it was well written but as I haven't read any of the other previous seaside novels presumably they all follow on but with different characters because I was kind of lost at first with what was going on with the characters. It can be a standalone but to save confusion its best to read the previous ones first. I enjoyed the story the characters were well written and you was able to feel their emotion. It was a little sad at the end but they both did find there HEA. Recommended

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, but sort out the editing!, 28 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Fall: A Seaside Novel (Kindle Edition)
I hadn't read the earlier books in this series, so I was a little concerned that the story world keep referring back to events in the previous books and ruin the enjoyment of the story. I was pleasantly surprised and loved the pace, the content and the characters. If this is the case, you may be wondering 'why only 4 stars?' Well, I don't know whether it was my tablet or the layout of the eBook and poor editing, but the information about the next book in the series began where this book ended. So I actually had to read it several times to understand what was going on. It literally continued in the same paragraph as the ending. It completely ruined the enjoyment of the end of the book! Despite my disappointment, I'm not going to deny this is a good book, but please, please, please sort out that last paragraph.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Good Read, 20 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Fall: A Seaside Novel (Kindle Edition)
I have read all the Seaside series and I must say that these books are absolutely brilliant!!The latest novel is Fall, and the writing of the characters are very believable. I have laughed and cried with the characters. I would recommend these books to anyone who loves a good romance. Well done Rachel Van Dyken,

4.0 out of 5 stars seaside series, 16 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Fall: A Seaside Novel (Kindle Edition)
i read all the books in one bundle and enjoyed them more than i had thought. i had already read rachel van dyken's regency novels and thought i'd risk reading her contemporary series; her characters are believable and likeable and the plot is good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read, 14 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Fall: A Seaside Novel (Kindle Edition)
Brilliant series of books with this as a great continuation. I couldn't put the wet down and was really glad when this was ready to read the next installment. Recommend it to everyone. Can't wait for more

5.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed it, 12 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Fall: A Seaside Novel (Kindle Edition)
I found this to be a good read, and felt that considering the life Jameyson led it would take a lot more to get him hooked by a lady and he is a man who liked the opposite sex for one thing only really. Little predictable but still good read

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it, 5 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Fall: A Seaside Novel (Kindle Edition)
rachel van dyken never fails to amaze she works her tail off for every book she writes and you can see it in her writing..
THE SEASIDE series is one of my favourites, I was all for ALEC when I first read the series but after reading this one my now split 50/50. jaymeson story had me crying with laughter, when I read his story i picture the English actor Alex petteyfer as him.
when you first come accross jaymeson in earlier books he comes accross as a sefl centred ******** but after reading this hes just a loveable guy. really wish this was made in to a film. congrats rachel A***

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 4 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Fall: A Seaside Novel (Kindle Edition)
Probably my favourite of the Seaside novels, this book tells the story of how Jamie finally falls in love. It's the fifth book of the series and I recommend reading the other four first which are available as a box set for only 75p.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jaymeson, 4 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Fall: A Seaside Novel (Kindle Edition)
I have loved every book of Rachel's that I have read. This is the 5th book in the Seaside series, and is about Jaymeson - we do see a little of the other characters, but only briefly. Jameson is sent to Seaside, to lay low, and try to improve is man whore image, and while he's there he comes across Priscilla again.

Another great book, with lots of witty banter.

Fall: A Seaside Novel