5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money
Having borrowed a Bose speaker, I was all set to buy the exact same model. Noticed this product on Amazon as an alternative and was impressed by the reviews. Decided to give it a try as it was £150 cheaper.
Published 14 months ago by N Thammanna

3.0 out of 5 stars Some deal breakers
So, first off i love the look of the speaker, it looks and feels great, the presentation is pretty good too. The sound and clarity is damn impressive, at max volume in my living room or bed room it becomes uncomfortable to listen to so i usually have it around 30-50% which is a plus for the loudness of the little speaker system. It also does not distort at max...
Published 14 months ago by NoodleSoup

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 25 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Audio Dynamix, MESH2 Stereo Rechargeable Bluetooth Speaker - Red- 12hrs playtime, 15 metre BT range , SD card reader. Now featuring new High Definition long throw speakers and Harmonic Bass Matrix. (Electronics)
I was blown away by the quality and value for money. It came charged and took me less than a minute from taking it out of the box, connect it to my iPhone 5S and start listening to music. The sound quality is good and improves if you place it next to a wall. Took it to the gym and it easily managed to fill the room. Very little distortion at high volumes. Decent bass and accurate replication of my phones's graphic equaliser. The USB cable accepts my iPhone charger. I haven't tried using a memory card yet. I bought the red version as it was cheaper then the black and wasn't fussed about the colour.
For its price, this is a bargain. Feature wise it is comparable to the luxury branded products. Give this speaker serious consideration before splashing out on an expensive blue tooth speaker

5.0 out of 5 stars Packs a punch..., 27 Jan. 2014
DARKcell - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
***DISCLOSURE***
'Audio Dynamix' provided this item free of charge for me to test and evaluate. In exchange, I agreed to provide an honest review detailing my thoughts. This is said review.
----------------------------------------------

From the moment of receiving this product I've been impressed. For the most part, products these days (other than those sold by another company beginning with 'A') are just put in any old box and sold, without a care for presentation. Due to the nature of the box the MESH came in, I thought it worthy of adding a photo to my review (see pics at top of page). I realise that you won't (and shouldn't) purchase this simply because of the box, but it's the little touches that show overall care for a product.

Upon opening the box, you are greeted by what is easily the best looking bluetooth speaker system I've ever owned, or for that matter seen. The top has a shiny reflective finish, and the bottom is a soft material that won't scratch your tabletop, and will help the speakers from sliding around. Around the outside is a smooth rubberised plastic, in a distinctive pattern that gives a nod to the speaker's name. The dimensions of the top surface (and therefore also the bottom) is as near as makes no difference, exactly the same as an iPhone 5S (width and length), which is neither here nor there, but should hopefully help in picturing its size. Also inside the box is a USB to mini-USB cable for charging, and a 3.5mm AUX cable if you don't wish to use bluetooth.

On the rear of the device are three ports and the on/off switch. The three ports being the AUX for playing via a wire, the mini-USB for charging and a MicroSD slot for playing music from a card. On the top of the device are three touch-sensitive buttons, a '+', a '-' and a phone button. Audio Dynamix claim the battery lasts for 20hrs of playback, I haven't used it for that long yet, but haven't had any reason to charge it. If it does last this long, which at this moment in time I have no reason in doubting, it will make it one of the longest lasting batteries in a speaker system in this price range on the market today.

Onto the music…

This is loud. Uncomfortably loud if you were to be silly and sit near it at full volume. Even at such a volume, I can only notice a very slight (VERY slight) drop in audio quality, and that is simply due to the speaker's small size. This drop in audio quality is only noticeable when you are playing a loud song at full volume and are within a metre or so of the device. This is more or less irrelevant as to sit so close to the speaker with it at full volume isn't something you'd want to do for an extended period of time. At a more normal volume, the speakers are amazing. Truly. They blow all of my previous speakers out of the water. The bass produced is well above average for such a small device, and as per the company's suggestions, placing it near a wall does indeed improve this even further. Audio Dynamix claim a 15 metre range to play music, and in testing this, I can confirm that the audio begins to drop out pretty much bang on the 15 metre mark.
Bluetooth is hampered by obstructions, so inside a building the range gets worse when going from room to room. That said, I have managed to play music with unaffected sound quality whilst my iPhone and the MESH were 10 metres apart with a couple of decent sized walls in between; rather impressive.

When playing music, the +/- buttons act as next track/previous track controls, and when held down, change the volume. The central phone button enables you to pause/play your music. As mentioned previously, the buttons are all touch-sensitive. There is no need to push down at all, simply placing your finger on the button will bring about the desired result.

When using the phone functionality, the phone button will answer the call, and by holding it down, will drop it. I have only briefly used this as a speakerphone, and that was simply to test it out. I tried it out with my iPhone (that was connected to the MESH) around 5 metres away in another room through a wall. The sound quality was fine and I could hold a normal conversation with the person on the other end.

Overall this is a great speaker system, with a premium exterior, and sound quality that in my opinion punches well above its weight class.

OVERVIEW
Would I recommend this product to a friend? Yes

PROS:
+ Premium exterior (including packaging)
+ Touch sensitive buttons
+ Play music from MicroSD card or through supplied 3.5mm AUX cable
+ Impressively loud
+ Audio quality (even at uncomfortably loud volumes)
+ 15 metre range (I had it working fine at 10 metres through two decent sized walls)
+ Battery life
+ Phone functionality is a bonus

CONS:
- None
----------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sound for the price, 11 Mar. 2014
The top can leave finger-print easily. Not much bass. This can be adjusted by install EQ on your phone or tablet.

I have tried out, the micro sd only take FAT32 format, cannot read exFAT. I have not tried NTFS format.

The priority for choosing audio source is 3.5mm Aux, then micro sd card, bluetooth come last. It does mean you have to take out aux cable and micro sd card before you can use bluetooth.

I have to say all three sources connect very easily. If switching between sources, it is advised to switch off Mesh first.

I have to say from the 1st second I heard the sound, I can tell that my Boss Soundlink Mini sound better. But it cost 8 times more.

The sound quality and easiness to connect to different sources is very good consider the price.

The build quality is solid. Quite lightweight to take around. Have not test long enough to comment on battery life.

I would definitely recommend it. There are a lot of similar products in the market, but not many have ticked so many boxes as this one does at this price.

Good sound, aux in, micro sd card, bluetooth, solid build, lightweight etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Audio Dynamite!, 22 April 2014
Jonathan GSH (Surrey countryside UK) - See all my reviews
Amazing quality of sound! Very easy to use and highly portable. Good volume from such a little speaker. Good range of bluetooth signal, so no drop out. Would highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little speaker, 27 Aug. 2014
I got this little speaker yesterday. I bought it off Amazon because I was expecting to return it because I was expecting it to be rubbish.
I have a Bose soundlink 2 as my main portable music speaker (which is absolutley superb) so you can imagine I am used to a good sound system.
I bought the mesh2 to use when I am on holiday, the Bose is quite heavy and fairly large.
I am quite amazed at the sound quality from this little unit (it is smaller than I expected)
Don't get me wrong I could do with a bit more bass, but overall this is just what I wanted for my hols, I even have to turn it down outside because it is too loud, and might annoy the neighbours.
When I buy something, how I sum it up, would I buy it again. Most definatley YES.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loud enough despite its size, 25 Nov. 2014
People with hearing problems cannot hear tablet speakers very well. We bought this to solve that problem and it has solved the problem. The sound is good quality and much louder than the tablet speakers.
We do have one issue with the bluetooth connection and Android tablets. When you connect up to the speaker via bluetooth it slows down your wifi broadband speed, so if you were watching iPlayer or Netflix the picture and sound stop. I have looked and it seems Android devices may have a problem when connected to bluetooth devices, so it's not the fault of this speaker. There is a way round as the speaker has a cable which you can plug it into the headphone socket of the tablet.

I have a Windows Phone and it works with that as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ticks every box. Great speaker, 25 Nov. 2014
Was looking for a easy to use, portable, yet loud speaker so that i did not have to use the speakers on my phone, which offer little depth. The Mesh2 is perfect, and ticks every box. Despite expecting something slightly bigger, the speaker looks elegant and sleek. After briefly reading the manual, i turned the speaker on and was immediately unnerved by the 'tinny' sound of the voice that told me it was searching for bluetooth connection. Within a minute, i had connected and my initial fears were quashed. The speaker had an immense depth to it, and was exceptionally loud, which was especially surprising given its misleading size. All in all, the speaker is deceivingly loud, and the bass is very strong in it. Great speaker for such a low price!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little speaker and loud the only problem is the ..., 5 July 2014
Great little speaker and loud the only problem is the touch pad is a bit awkward at turning up the volume

4.0 out of 5 stars Competes with bluetooth speakers at double the price, 7 July 2014
Bought with a degree of skepticism but luckily I was actually very surprised by the sound quality produced by this product.

The other day I went to PC world to compare what they had to offer. On display they had the jawbone jampbox, jbl flip 2, a few offerings from Ultimate ears, and something from monster. I listened to as many as I could get to connect to my phone. The flip 2 was probably the best of the budget bunch (the Bose soundlink mini was incredible if you have a spare £160), the jawbone was temperamental, the monster was awfully bassy, and ultimate ears was paltry for the price.

I paid £24 for this Mesh thing. For the music I listen to (quantic, connan mockasin, fleet foxes, a bit of jazz) the bass is brilliantly adequate. Surprisingly punchy for a unit this size whilst not overbearing or causing rattles. The bass drum provides a good kick.The mids are present and correct but the trebles perhaps leave you wanting a bit more bass however with the midtones well supported I wouldn't call the overall result tinny by any stretch of the imagination. It really does depend what you're listening to and for the music I listen to where the melody isn't in the bass it's a good sound. If you're into your house anthems you probably want something bigger, and if you like your sound profile to resemble "beats" headphones then this product and review isn't for you - you're on your own.

The sound projects about 110 degrees anteriorly. You won't be hosting house parties and you'll want to point it in your general direction but the sound fills a room very well. I've read many reviews comparing these bluetooth units to their phone speakers which I think sets the bar rather low for portable bluetooth speakers but it certainly blows my iphone out the water.

I'm yet to test the reliability and battery life to completion but the unit came charged (a nice touch) and the bluetooth connected very easily. The bluetooth range is good too. I can stand a good 15m away and stick several thick walls between my phone and the speaker and stay connected.

The reason for the loss of a star is because of the "connected" and "disconnected" voice. Gives the otherwise quality product a bit of a cheapness to it.

Overall, very impressed with this speaker, it competes with the JBL flip 2 and the rest of the competition very strongly and at half the price there is a clear winner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Killer bluetooth speaker and worth every penny ( and more!), 8 Jan. 2015
I ordered the top of the line Pulse from Audio Dynamix but sent it back without testing because I felt the weight was too much for a portable speaker to throw in my travel bag, and replaced my order with this light, portable Mesh 2 instead. I was so impressed with the quality and sound that I immediately ordered two more for other family members! Having tested all the bluetooth speakers in Curry's my ( musician's) ears tell me this is by far the best sound even compared to other makes twice the price....'Nuff said!