5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a decent 8" Full Windows Tablet
I purchased the 64GB version equipped with Wi-Fi and 3G (cellular). Here are my early thoughts.

Pros:

Full windows on an 8" format
Fast quad core
capable graphics
Amazing battery life (8 hours+)
Looks great and feels like a premium machine

Cons:

-General lack of accessories including the 'active stylus'...
Published 8 months ago by Andreas Iacovou

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but misleading product
This is a good product, meeting all expectations and requirements so far.
However, I am very disappointed to discover that it is a Refurbished item, considering there was no mention of it being refurbished in the original description, and it was advertised misleadingly as if to appear to be a brand new item.
Published 2 months ago by Kelly Garner

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a decent 8" Full Windows Tablet, 22 Feb 2014
Andreas Iacovou (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Dell Venue 8 Pro 5830 Tablet (Black) - (Intel Atom up to 1.8GHz Quad-Core, 2GB RAM, 32GB eMMC, WLAN, BT, 2x Camera, Windows 8.1)

Pros:

Full windows on an 8" format
Fast quad core
capable graphics
Amazing battery life (8 hours+)
Looks great and feels like a premium machine

Cons:

-General lack of accessories including the 'active stylus' which does not seem to be available anywhere at the moment.
-Lack of HDMI output may put off some buyers

Summary

I've been looking for a decent compact full Windows 8" tablet for ages. Tried the Acer W3 but it's awful screen meant I had to return it. Then I found the Venue Pro 8 which I could order with 3G cellular for full mobility.

This tablet is a godsend for mobility and having a quick 8" full Windows unit in the palm of my hand is truly awesome. The screen size is not an issue, I can read the desktop text just fine, web browse in portrait, and even play Football Manager! Battery life is excellent lasting about 7-8 hours with medium usage.

Are there things to complain about? Well, if you want to nit pick there is no hdmi out, which does not bother me. It does support intel wireless display as an alternative. Overall I have no complaints about the speed of this thing. Its fast, great looking and works well. Finally a compact windows tablet done right.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just What I Wanted, 28 April 2014
I've been tempted to get a tablet for a while but have been disappointed with trying Android & have never been attracted to Apple as I wanted a tablet that would seamlessly network with my other computers, which are all running Windows. The Dell Venue 8 Pro is a full spec PC with excellent WiFi and performance. I can watch videos or listen to music anywhere round the home and also downloaded a game whilst in a pub. So far it has done everything that I've wanted from it and I am delighted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Purchase of the Year, 16 July 2014
T. F. Harwood "TH" (UK) - See all my reviews
I love my Dell Venue 8 Pro! It's now my go to tablet - I have iPad's / Nexus 7 / i7 Alienware Laptop and this is what I use all the time.

The battery lasts around 7/8 hours on pretty heavy use (excluding graphically intensive games). I sometimes play Football Manager on this and it handles it well - eats the battery in about 3 hours though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for IT pros, 23 Aug 2014
Domino (Windsor, UK) - See all my reviews
With a decent bluetooth keyboard (I went for the Dell original) this becomes a serious laptop replacement when you're not looking to hook up to a projector. You can run a full copy of Microsoft Office to keep up with work

At home, it's a fast (boots in seconds), thin and light, tablet for browsing and watching films

I've been a huge fan of Android for many years, but decent Windows 8 tablets render them redundant

Who needs apps when you have access to every software program ever written! Yes this device will run software like your laptop or PC - Word, Excel and PowerPoint run perfectly well - I even got it to run Half-Life 2 at a decent pace

I purchased mine for around £150 out in the States which is a ridiculous price for what you're getting - it comes with a powerful micro USB charger too which will fill up most of your smartphone in less than an hour

I would highly recommend purchasing a large, and quick micro SD card to boost the storage

If this had a micro-HDMI or a dongle for projecting, it would be almost perfect

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but misleading product, 13 Aug 2014
This is a good product, meeting all expectations and requirements so far.

4.0 out of 5 stars Meet all expectations, 4 April 2014
It's a great product for the price. I only missed a HDMI port to use with a monitor. Nice purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars what a serious waste of money, 26 July 2014
Windows 8 is awful, Dell venue 8 is awful, what a serious waste of money, I even bought a Bluetooth keyboard for this thing that would solve the problems, but no,....honestly keep your money in your wallet, don't buy this!