on 24 May 2013
This is a good quality, well-made product from a small company in Scotland.

I augmented mine with a 9m long piece of paracord which I leave permanentaly rigged through the mid-line, for use among trees. It's very quick to rig in the dark that way - just a bowline onto a tree at one end and a round turn + 2 half hitches at the other end and you're away. It's worth memorizing how many of your paces is the min/max spacing between trees for your tarp, so you don't have to faff around finding a good spot in the woods by trial and error.

It also makes a passable tent if draped over an upturned bike and pegged down around 3 edges. If you peg it out tightly then the bike can't fall over on you.

I sleep on the ground (not in a hammock) and I usually use mine in conjunction with a goretex army bivvi bag so no need for a ground sheet and no worries about rain or draughts blowing under the tarp. In good weather, you can get away without a bivvi bag and just use some excess tarp fabric as a ground sheet.

One reservation - the fabric has a glossy metalic sheen to it (a bit like a dragonfly's abdomen) and is not drab olive green but a slightly un-natural green colour. If you are trying to be discrete and it's a sunny day then this can be a bit eye-catching. The old-fashioned army bashas blend into the background better. For most people this doesn't matter but if discretion is important to you then you might want to think about this.

All in all it's a good piece of kit with many uses.
on 10 January 2015
I only bought this via Amazon rather than direct from the manufacturer because I had a gift card to use . Dispatch from the manufacturer was speedy , and delivery by Royal Mail was excellent so I had the tarp within 3 days of ordering !
I'd decided on the coyote brown colour as it seemed dark and inconspicuous as well as quite unusual compared with the ubiquitous green tarps . I was pleased to find that the colour of the actual item is a good match for the illustration , suitably drab and likely to be unnoticed in use .
The tarp appears to be very well made and quite robust, with straight accurate stitching , strong, well fixed loops (and plenty of them) and material which is a good compromise between weight and strength .

It is supplied in a bag made of the same tarp material which is a decent size to use for storage (unlike some tent bags which are a nightmare to try and wrestle the tent back into after use). In the bag, in a neat little bag of their own, are 4 cheap steel pegs and 4 lengths of braided nylon cord , each cord is around 2m long and has a lineloc type slider.
To rig the tarp up properly (and avoid it doing a kite impression in any wind) you need to supplement the pegs with some more substantial ones, and have another 10m or so of suitable cord to hand , but I guess the included cord and pegs are a nice touch to start you off.

The tarp folded and packed in to its bag makes a neat flat package (30x19x5cm) which is easy to slide into a bag or rucksac , and, including the bags, pegs & guys it comes with, the total weight of mine is 933g .
on 20 July 2012
You've come to right page. ..If you were looking for a real camping "Tarp" then you really need look no further. I already did the scouring of products and reviews, even checking the ones on YouTube.. Leading me right here.
Delivery time was excellent, under 3 full days, and the packaging very simple. Not the oversized boxes most of us have experienced from Amazon.
Two days later found me out in the local lightly wooded beauty spot to see how many different set ups I could put together after watching various YouTube videos.
Astounding! ! Especially if you have a walking pole. The DD Tarps 3x3mtr comes with 4 guide lines and the product is just superbly made and very robust. Fear not, you will have to be really really vicious to damage it, and I think the tent peg would come out of the ground before you tore the tie straps. Great product at a fair price. I will recommend it to anyone.
Don't forget these following items. Extra cordage, ideally 550 paracord, 2 x good bungie chords that stretch to 6ft, a waterproof ground sheet big enough for the occupant /s and gear. In other words it does not need to be the 3x3mtr of the tarp which you will see is quite large. Look up some Tarp knots on YouTube, they are easy, and enjoy your freedom of the countryside.
on 18 June 2012
A great tarp, use it at the Farmyard Party biker weekend and it was excellent. Strong wind and constant rain didn't bother us under our new tarp.
on 15 April 2012
Took this to Longdendale Valley on the reservoirs. Slept under it in a bivvy bag. Woke up in the morning and it had rained in the night. Because of the shallow angle I had pitched it at I woke up to a pool of water on the sheet. All credit to its excellent properties because none had penetrated to me beneath. If you buy a basha yhen buy this one. A fantastic piece of kit for bushcrafters everywhere.
on 24 March 2016
Was gifted one of these when I became interested in Bushcraft and Wild Camping just over 2 years ago. It's been with me on every trip since. The previous owner had it for almost 2 years and it's still going strong. It's handled everything that's been thrown at it. One of, if not my favourite piece of kit.

So versatile its almost a crime to not own one. Make sure you give it a good waterproofing maybe twice a year and you'll be laughing. They pack down to a respectable size. The weigh hardly anything in comparison to their worth and usefulness. I wouldn't be caught without it.

Complete no brainer, stop reading and just buy one!
review image
on 9 July 2014
High quality tarp with versatile setups. Stuck this out the back with a simple A frame construct when it started raining. Dealt with the light rainfall well and dried fast.
Packs small and light.
My main use is to use it to extend porch area for a motorbike and this provides ample space while offering extra protection from elements.
Great for one person trekking and adventure style camping
Worth the price.
on 12 June 2012
This is just what I wanted for sitting under at night when camping. Good size and not too heavy. good buy
on 3 June 2016
Although only using this once I do like it. It was easy to use and also easy to pack back in the same bag after use. It gives plenty of cover for one person. (I used it with a hammock.) Looking forward to test it with other uses and set-ups.
on 15 July 2012
Used as an awning on our camper for the last two years and still like new. very strong, used in very windy conditions. And never leaked a drop of rain, been thorouly tested this year. Once set as a sun shade only to return after a rain storm to find it full of water but none had leaked throu. Plenty of places to secure tarp and no signs of wear would definitely recommend. Looking to buy a larger one as they are that good