5.0 out of 5 stars Mandela, 19 Mar 2014
This review is from: Mandela - My Prisoner, My Friend (Kindle Edition)
A very enjoyable and personal story,well told and a tribute to one of the worlds most influential people.
I would recommend it to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Book worth reading, 26 May 2014
This review is from: Mandela - My Prisoner, My Friend (Kindle Edition)
this book is all engrossing. there is Pearland laughter. at times you feel you are going through a journey with Mandela and the misery that he endures to reach his and others for equality

4.0 out of 5 stars channy, 17 May 2014
This review is from: Mandela - My Prisoner, My Friend (Kindle Edition)
Good read with interesting insights by one who spent time with the Rivonians, saw first hand the mistreatment of these innocent men and had the courage to act on his conscious.

5.0 out of 5 stars A really moving book in the face of hardship comes a deep friendship and masses of humanity, 16 May 2014
Mr. Wl Gunn "W.Gunn" (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Well what can I say about this book... It's Nelson Mandela! There are some awkward pronunciations here, tribes and some Afrikaans language, it felt daunting at first but by page 4 I was totally absorbed in the book.

It's one of the books I couldn't put down. Very powerful, to me it tells of humanity at one of the darkest places you could be (prison).

Christo tells it as it is, somehow it feels a privilege to look into that world. There are some very moving places in this book for example Nelson Mandela being able to meet his grandchild thanks to Christo taking massive personal risks.

A great read, somehow life feels better for reading it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mandela my Prisoner myFriend, 18 April 2014
Excellent book and gives insight into the hard times shared by Mandela and his fellow prisoners. The kindness and humanity of Christo Brand shines through as does mandela's kindness and feelings for fellow man. A very nice book to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book indeed - everyone should read it....., 12 April 2014
a brilliant book and could not be obtained in the high street.....it is an incredible story of Mandelas prison guard, a white person, who became his friend....

5.0 out of 5 stars Mandela-interesting, surprising and shocking., 6 April 2014
. I read this book because I wanted to learn more about the very charismatic Mandela. What I also learned was the shocking truth about the treatment of black people in South Africa during the apartheid years. Mandela and his co prisoners behaved in such a way that you could not fail to admire their strength of character and determination.. It was easy to see how much influence Mr Mandela had even when he was in solitary confinement. The book is well written and I enjoyed it very much. I wish it was longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars moving and enthralling, 2 April 2014
This review is from: Mandela - My Prisoner, My Friend (Kindle Edition)
I couldn't put it down. I stayed up half the night reading. As I was brought up in south Africa the facts in it were known to me but found it very moving and easy to read. I saw mr brand interviewed on tv. It was nice to have seen that before reading the book.

Mandela - My Prisoner, My Friend