5.0 out of 5 stars A Fantastic Series
I was first attracted to this series as it seemed like a refreshing twist on the Praetorian Guard along with the fact it is military science fiction.

The main character stories sometimes seem like they are part of a Newton's cradle. Coming very close only to be bounced away again by the flow of the story.

I have been eagerly awaiting the third and...
Published 6 months ago by MR J A SYKES

2.0 out of 5 stars It seems to me to have turned into a romantic novel and no longer a good science fiction book
I,m three quarters through this book and it,s going to be a struggle to get to the end. Compared to the other two books, this is going downhill fast, for me anyway. It seems to me to have turned into a romantic novel and no longer a good science fiction book. I,m already sick of reading how this person kissed that one, how the other responded etc. I will get to the end of...
Published 11 days ago by ticketyboo

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fantastic Series, 11 Feb 2014
This review is from: Pax Imperia (The Redemption Trilogy Book 3) (Kindle Edition)

I have been eagerly awaiting the third and final part of the trilogy for while, often checking the website and facebook page. I can honestly tell you that I have not been disappointed. The same flow to the story was there, urgency and tranquilty in parts when needed. I personally loved the little insights into military personalities and quirks as they are exactly the same to what I have encountered myself.

Like all good series though it is unfortunate and sad when they have to come to an end, but what an end indeed!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 11 Feb 2014
loved the series all the way through although rather a peculiar ending but still well worth the read. many thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic end to a great trilogy, 11 Feb 2014
I've been a fan of The Redemption trilogy since the release of The Last Praetorian and have loved the characters and story the whole way through. Bit sad to see it end but looking forward to rereading the trilogy over the coming years. Great job Mike!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant- don't start until you can spare your sleep!, 5 Feb 2014
Really loved this series- as other reviewers have stated this gets better as it goes. I am queen of the free books on kindle and this is how I started on this series. However, unlike many others I then purchased the second and waited on tenter hooks for the final instalment!
There is good character development over the series and they act true to form. The technology is reasonably explained without being yawningly nerdish. The concept of the future is credible and it's nice to see that people are still the same as they are now! All tied together with gripping story telling, it makes for an excellent read. There are a few typos in this edition, the best being the mental image of the 'platter of tiny feet', however nothing significant to distract from the overall enjoyment.
Being a teacher and drilled into making next step comments, the only thing I would like is some explanation of how the ending was achieved (no spoilers here I'm afraid)! In his future writing I would also like to see the bad guys develop more comprehensively.
Finally, the warning, you will read this all very quickly- the reviewer who managed to ration the pages is obviously a pass master in self control. I work part time and have two young children so anything that can separate me from sleep must be absolutely amazing- this did it! Right, having written this, I'm off to start the trilogy again!
Well done Mike Smith, without doubt the best set of books I have read in a long time! Next please...!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking book from beginning to end., 10 July 2014
Brilliant book from a Brilliant series, all the plots come together

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent book series. so glad I picked this and wished there were coming from this universe, 5 July 2014
This book was chosen from an amazon recommendation and I am so happy I took the plunge. Brilliant series from Mike Smith. Can't wait for his future titles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story, 1 July 2014
I have enjoyed this story since the first book and have looked forward to each instalment. I'm sure that the fans all have their own perfect ending but overall i'm happy with this one and would really like another trilogy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 30 Jun 2014
I really enjoyed this series - the characters are all very well written and you develop a real empathy for them. The dialogue is great and the pace and energy of the book meant I couldn't put it down. Beware if you like good science fiction for it will make you lose sleep.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Read, 31 May 2014
Richard Wilkes (England, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I've always been a big fan of space operas and this books was as good at the first 2. the whole trilogy was a fantastic read and I do recommend that this trilogy be read.

5.0 out of 5 stars The other star wars, 25 May 2014
just couldn't stop reading this trilogy ...wow
Highly recommend to all sci-fi and romantics out there.
Hope there are many more.