5.0 out of 5 stars starting over
This book is a great read that will have you laughing and crying! I can't wait to read the next book
Published 11 months ago by Claire RH

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay
Published 9 months ago by Herbie

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, 19 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Starting Over (Starting Over Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I found this book difficult to get emotionally involved in especially with the characters. Bellamy whined and she was always the victim, constantly being the damsel in distress, except near the end where she kicked some ass. However, I did feel sorry for her that she lost her baby. That must have been very traumatic to go through especially without your families support. Luke on the other hand was horrible to her, and he constantly blamed her for everything. She was an 18 year old girl who was infatuated with him and he was six years older than her. Even if she did seduce him he could of said no quite easily. What did it matter to him she was a virgin and why should she needed to have told him first. He used her and threw her away like garbage. Is it any wonder she didn't tell him about their baby. After what he said to her I certainly would not have told him or got him involved. He even admitted after using her that he had brought along his girlfriend's to family gatherings, just to ensure she kept away from him. How cruel was that knowing how she felt about him. Why on earth she took him back so easily is beyond me. Luke was just too annoying, blaming it all on Bellamy, he needed to man up and deal with his own consequences. The whole story was unrealistic, very long drawn out and cheesy in parts.

5.0 out of 5 stars starting over, 11 Jun. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book, 8 Jun. 2014
I was gripped by the story straight away, the characters are very realistic and the events which lead to the tensions and problems in the plot are believable and well written. I liked this book so much that I couldn't put it down and stayed up through the night to finish it in one go. It is an excellent romance story with plenty of twists and turns to keep you gripped. I will definitely be buying the rest of the series.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's OK but..., 3 Oct. 2014
I have to say I enjoyed the story. It was very simplistic in both how the story developed and in it's writing style - it could have been written by someone in 6th form! Despite its uncomplicated use of vocabulary I found Bellamy's family and Luke's family affections a bit over the top - I am sure there isn't a family who are that protective of a sibling/child or that over the top with kisses and 'I love you' comments all the time. I found it a bit sickly sweet. If you want an uncomplicated, nice easy read then I would recommend this book, but it doesn't really have much depth to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 18 Mar. 2014
I really enjoyed this book a lot.Very well written.I especially liked the twists in the story,not knowing what's gonna happen next.

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely awful. Very badly written., 22 July 2014
This was the biggest load of tosh I have read (tried to read) in a long time. I looked at the other reviews and could not believe the book got 4/5 stars. I sought out the 1/2 star reviews and agreed with every one of them.

There really is no story as such, it was dragged out beyond belief. But what the author dragged it out with was graphic sex. I think it should be labelled as very bad erotic fiction. An example of how graphic and sometime crass was mentioned in a previous review, and I have to agree with them 'gush of her cream coat her pu**y'......seriously????....awful. And 'Ive been thinking about f**king you all day' urgh!!!! It was immature writing from an adult author.

The main character is called Bellamy, and boy didn't we know her name. The over use of her name in the story was annoying. It was 'Bellamy this, Bellamy that'.

Everything in the 'story' (I use that term loosely) was saccharine sweet. Every character got on well, they all loved each other, even when someone was rightly angry, they got over it in 5 minutes. Its so untrue to life, but it wasn't even decent escapism. I skipped to the last few chapters to see if anything different happens - which it did, but even then there was never any danger - if you get that far, you'll see what I mean.

I cant even say the romance was good as it was so predictable. And once again....all was forgiven.

It was unnecessary long, immature writing, sometimes crass language and very saccharine sweet. If I could give it a zero rating I would.

5.0 out of 5 stars Once you start the series, you wont be able to stop until youve finished all the books, 21 Mar. 2015
Having read the negative reviews, I can understand and appareciate their frustrations. Having said that, its still a good read. Yes the main female can be a bit whiney whilst the main male comes across as a bit of a rear-end but it is also these characteristics that make them rather realistic and allows you to be able to relate to them.

Given that this the first book in a series , it adds to the book, as you get to carry on the story and it doesnt end at 'the end', you are able to carry on with the journey the characters take.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It, 16 Jan. 2015
I absolutely loved this book and can't understand where the people who have given bad reviews have come from. It was a nice read with a storyline that you felt sorry for Bellamy and Luke with, would want to be part of the close knit 2 families in the book. It had some nice twists in the book one of which I didn't see coming. Can't wait to read the next 2 books in the series!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read., 29 July 2014
Good read, little bit frustrating (as all these types of books are) with the spelling/ grammar issues. "of" instead of "off" etc.

I could tell when I got to around 75% mark that the writer had decided to begin concluding the story.

Overall a good read and I did like the characters.

5.0 out of 5 stars not what I expected! amazing!!!!!, 13 Jan. 2015
All I'm going to say is I cried about 4 times whilst reading this book. I expected a run of the mill saucy predictive romance novel especially with it being free!!!! How wrong was I !?!?!?! I can't wait to read the next book. If you are undecided about reading this book don't think about it just get you will love it!!!