5.0 out of 5 stars wow
Absolutely loved both of these books of the series amazing stories and amazing characters! I found this to be a heart melting and emotional story loved it!!
Published 6 months ago by Fantastic

3.0 out of 5 stars Good enough but just not enough depth
I thoroughly enjoyed Sloane and Hemi's story but this one with Kennedy and Reese didn't have depth. If you're going to write about sensitive issues you have to go where that character is, you have to make the reader believe this and empathise with the character, drawing out the emotions from the character and also the reader. To me although the book was enjoyable enough...
Published 7 months ago by Dark

5.0 out of 5 stars wow, 22 Mar 2014
This review is from: All the Pretty Poses (The Pretty Series Book 2) (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Deeply mesmerising, intense and sensual! MUST READ, 30 Jan 2014
It’s funny how things happen, isn’t it? How one day you pick up a book you know will be good, great even. But it’s not… It’s so much more than you could ever have expected. It takes your breath away, leaves you in tears, and warms your heart so much that it will stay with you for a long time to come. All The Pretty Poses is one of those books, and not alone that but again it’s more; you come away with a piece of it that will change your perspective on life. I will never get over how Michelle manages to do that to me with so many of her books, how she creates that profound connection with the reader.

All the Pretty Poses is undoubtedly one of the best written, most captivating and mesmerising, and downright astounding books that Michelle has come to publish. And you know how I feel about her other books; Fragile, The Wild Ones and The Bad Boys Series. In All The Pretty Poses, her slow burning development of the characters and their relationships gives each of them depth and grounds them in reality; she allows them hurt, love and grow as we do. It’s because of that, I felt a deeper connection with the characters. She doesn’t just write the story of her characters, she breathes life into them. Add to that her gifted approach of blindsiding the reader with plot twists and developments in All The Pretty Poses, you can’t help but be in awe of her style and the story itself.

Though the story is a slow burner at the beginning, I in no way think it is a detriment to it. In fact, it accentuates it. And when you make it to those situations where Michelle has blown you away, those sneaky, almost whiplash, come at you when you’re not looking situations, you will be amazed and you will shout loudly at your e-Reader. I think mine went along the lines of “FFFFFFFFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA—UUUCCCCKKKKKKKKK”, and definitely it happened on more than one occasion! Followed by my sitting upright with a compulsion to find out what the next page held in store. Michelle, I wanted to kill you! Well maybe kill is a strong word, but I most certainly wanted to have a right good go at you! You made me laugh, yell, cry and fall in love, and in between the covers of a book that has stolen my heart.

I’ve heard it said on many occasions, and you’ve definitely heard me (or read) say that Michelle Leighton is an extremely talented author. If ever there was any tiny iota of doubt in anyone’s mind about that fact, then this is the book that will instantly eradicate that doubt. All The Pretty Poses by Michelle Leighton, is a book NOT TO BE MISSED, a MUST READ. It is one that, for me, will take pride of place as one of my top books of 2014, but also as one of my all-time favourites.

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it, 28 May 2014
This is the second book in Michelle’s Pretty series and I downloaded it pretty much straight after I finished the first book All The Pretty Lies.

The story is about Reese Spencer and Kennedy Moore who used to know each other in a past life. When, by chance, they find themselves in the same place at the same time years later, Reese is more determined than ever not to let her go. Again.

I thought Hemi Spencer (All The Pretty Lies) was hot. Until I met his brother Harrison “Reese” Spencer. Holy mother of book boyfriends! He is honestly hot, hot, hot, and kind of like American actor Chris Evans in my head. Reese is a business man who has gotten to where he has in life by being ruthless and to the point. The same tact he employs when it comes to his women, with the exception of Kennedy Moore.

Kennedy is all soft curves to Reese’s power hungry, straight down the line personality. She’s a dancer and is fluid to Reese’s brute determination. I love the fact that Reese and Kennedy have a history that all happened before they meet again in the book. There is a flashback scene in the book which takes you back there which is great to find out what actually happened.

The story is actually quite dark in some parts when it comes to Kennedy’s childhood and how her life went downhill after Reese left the first time. I think this sub-plot was handled well and actually it shows Kennedy as a really strong character.

There is a total spark between the two characters and the sexual tension adds a tautness to their relationship which makes you feel on edge most of the way through the book. Reese is almost too hot to handle in some of the scenes!

I love this series, I love the characters and I love that there is such a chemistry between them. The next in the series is going to be all about Sig who we know from the first book and I can’t wait to read that either!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 7 May 2014
I love a book with a few shockers in it. Great story, love Kennedy and Reese.will be looking out for next book in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is a must read !!!!!, 31 Mar 2014
I am so excited and happy after reading such lovely and moving love story. It was very, very interesting book from the beginning to the end. It was so kind of book which you can't put it down. It was very well written and will keep you to know more without stopping to read. I loved all the characters and their feelings for each other which was shown from their point of view. I have thanks to M. Leighton to give another very good book to move myself to another world for a while. I will be waiting now for Sig' s story which will be worth it to be wait for.

5.0 out of 5 stars So worth reading, 30 Mar 2014
Fantastic read once again I really can't be get enough of your book's hurry up bringing out the book on Sig

4.0 out of 5 stars Good wee read, 26 Mar 2014
I did enjoy the book. But felt she could have explained things better at the end she could have gave it more content and not rushed it so much. But still a worthwhile read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sensational..!!, 6 Mar 2014
OMG this was absolutely brilliant, M.Leighton you are a genius, the way Kennedy and Reese's story builds is so good your completely captivated. I cried a few times because it's quiet sad in parts you really do feel all the emotions it's so well written, but having said that it's very sexy and sensual, all down to Reese of course and funny that's Brian and Sig. Anyway All the Pretty Poses is another fantastic read in the Pretty series and I can't wait to read all about sig..!!
Well done M.L.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as Pretty Lies!, 20 Feb 2014
I really loved Hemi and Sloanes story so I went on to buy Reeses story. I have to admit I didn't like this one very much. I found Reese came a cross as nothing more than a high class pimp through most of the book. It was rushed at the end trying to explain everything in a hurry. I also wondered why in Pretty Lies did Hemi and Reese have a good relationship when in Pretty Poses Reese went through finding out he had another Mother and his Dad had lied to cover up the existence of his baby, yet through all of this Reese never contacted his brother........isn't this something that brothers with their relationship
would do????
This is why I only gave this book four stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous book, 9 Feb 2014
Second book in The Pretty Series, and I wasn't let down. Great storyline, with great characters. Would definitely recommend and I can't wait for book 3!! :)