on 2 January 2014
Just shows basics, really not worth buying, just tell what to build a house out of which isn't exactly a hard thing to figure out, really disappointed with this
on 20 May 2014
The cover of this book is fantastic. That's why I bought it. The inside, however, is extremely basic. Some pages only have a single sentence and a large black and white picture. Most pages are more than 50% white space.

Even further I would say that the ideas expressed are very, very basic and do not help a builder at all! What's the use of printing a picture of a fully built fireplace and saying something like "A fireplace. A fireplace is a great way to change up the usual dull room. Adding lava is optional but can be a great feature". Most pages are like this - or worse!

The use of English is also highly suspect - poor grammar and bad spelling.

There are some reviews on Amazon that give this book 5 stars. I am dubious about their validity.

In summary: do not buy this book. Ever.
on 3 June 2014
Absolute waste of money - majority of pages have 3 or less lines of text on them and a grainy black and white screen shot from minecraft. Anyone who has played minecraft more than a handful of times would be above the level this book is aimed at, you could get far more 'awesome' ideas from Google.
Must be bad - I tried to return it and Amazon gave me a full refund but didn't want the book back !!!!
on 10 March 2014
My little boy saw this book and wanted it. It is a £6 book, hence I was very surprised to see the lack of quality when it came. Images are dull and they lack clarity, however i thought I would reserve judgement and leave it to my son. He was excited, and started reading straight away, however did not understand why there is a) an index on the contents page and yet b) no numbers on the actual pages to which this index relates. To overcome this, he decided to number the pages himself, only to discover that the pages don't even match up to the ones that have been indexed on the contents page.

This is a shoddy piece of work in terms of quality. Very DIY. However, my son likes the content and the easy-to read layout. Is it worth £6? To me - no. To my son, it is acceptable. This is why i have scored a 2 - the lowest ever rating I have given on Amazon.
on 25 February 2014
Really disappointed with this book. Very thin, cheap looking. Colour cover looks quite appealing but all the pictures inside are very dark black and white and it's quite difficult to make out what some of the pictures are meant to be. I bought it for my son who is a massive Minecraft fan and has several other books on Minecraft, including the excellent colour hardback annual, and I thought this might be similar but it really isn't. It talks of "awesome building ideas" but gives the most basic of ideas which anyone who has been playing Minecraft for a while will already know. Really bad layout inside of the steps taken to make things. I don't think any Minecraft fan with half a brain needs to fork out £4.84 to be instructed with such gems as "A Garden" - Spice up the area round your house, add a variety of flowers or just create a nice row of trees leading up to your house. Make (a) small or a large one, do whatever fits your home. Or, "finding the perfect painting for the perfect spot is the perfect addition to any home." And a bit of proof-reading would have been good to avoid such errors as "They're a couple of different way to make furniture look somewhat realistic in Minecraft" or "It doesn't look as good if you're building is above ground". The only information regarding publication is that the book is printed in Great Britain by Amazon.co.uk. I am a massive Amazon fan but you should really be ashamed of producing something so shoddy and charging money for it.....
22 comments16 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 March 2014
I say this because the front cover looks quite appealing as did the title, however they are complete lies, the book itself was a complete let down as the most advanced building it talked about was a fortress, which was the only thing worth building along with the fortress tower, all the other ideas were not very original, even a first time Minecraft player could recreate the 6 buildings, nothing on the front cover was shown in the book, and each section only had a small paragraph, and nothing on how to do it, just this looks nice when you do it.

I have also had a look at the other books on building ideas for Minecraft and they are all the designed the same, have the same poor ink and paper quality, the contents make it look action packed but if one line is worthy of being given it's own heading, then something is terribly wrong, the only good thing was that the pictures are big, however they are all black and white, and the only colour you see is on the front cover.

The reason I give it a 2 was because it had some ideas in them, but avoid buying this book all together, it is a complete waste of money, and I will make sure to read any reviews on buying books about Minecraft buildings in the future because of this, and many others that I have read the reviews too saying they are the same as this one.
on 8 November 2014
I think that this book is an excellent epic book it is not just good for building things that are for Mind-craft it's for building a house on a tablet or a computer , l-pad and an Xbox.
it is BRRRRRRIIIIIIILLLLLLIIIIIIAAAAAANNNNNNTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-):-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) .
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 November 2013
this is a realy good book with lots of interesting builds for anyone interested in minecraft! i realy want to read more of these books.
on 16 March 2014
It was great because it give beginners new ideas for there home! It also gave me ideas to use in my lovely world!
Thanks for making this book!
on 14 June 2014
Upon receipt, which was quick, I was awfully disappointed with this book - I wish some of these had been mentioned in the description as examples, and I could have saved myself the money on a birthday present for my son.
Only a complete 'noob' would find this at all useful.
The production quality is also very poor, very large fonts used to take up space, low resolution black-and-white images, overall a complete waste of your hard-earned cash.
Spend it on something else.
:-(