on 25 January 2015
I just got one of these and I think it's brilliant. The rotating brush bar has its own motor and it does a great job of sweeping up pet hair, leaving the carpet looking like new. It also has fine bristles which use static electricity to pick up fine dust from hard floors. The battery's electrical charge only lasts a few minutes, but the power is more than adequate and it's enough to do at least one room before needing a recharge. I have vacuumed the whole house on a single charge. The DC59 is very light-weight and easy to carry. Another short motorised brush head is ideal for doing the stairs and makes vacuuming so much less of a chore. It also makes the decision between using a dustpan and brush, or a full size vacuum cleaner redundant, because the DC59 is so much more convenient.
on 22 August 2015
When is a hoover not a hoover, according to Dyson, when its a DC59. I bought this product a year ago, I loved the light weight, but I get really frustrated with it keep "pulsing" and not working every time I use it. Dyson say that thisvac is not supposed to be a main vac, but to supplement the existing one. Poor value and fiddly parts, although ive had dysons since 1995 and ive tried really hard to like this product. We have carpets & tiles in a new house and take our shoes off in the porch before we enter. It wont even pick up crumbs off the tile floor. Sorry Dyson this isn't up to your usual excellent standard
on 18 May 2016
Good
on 26 March 2015
Why would anyone want to pay all that money for something with so little runtime is beyond me! If the battery life was improved to double I might just give it four stars!
on 21 August 2014
Dyson vacuum cleaners might be the best in the world, but their irons are rubbish. This one is very awkward to fill with water, takes forever to heat up, and then it has this rotating brush arrangement that makes a right mess of your shirts. The Steam button just makes the whole thing spin faster which is even worse. It's just as well that it runs out of spunk after 20 minutes, otherwise my living room would have been completely redecorated with flying linen rag strips.
44 comments|8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

See one answered question