5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Album !
I disagree with some of the previous review, this album is powerfull, original, diverse, that's a great job ! The title song "Kill the power" is brilliant, I like "Ninja", and there is some "quiet" (no so quiet) songs to rest after this massive pieces of metal, like "Playing with the Devil". I love this album !
Published 3 months ago by Renaud MARY

2.0 out of 5 stars A crushing disappointment!
After the truly phenomenal 'Union Black' my anticipation for this album was very high indeed.

Unfortunately it is not at all what I was expecting.

The album starts strongly enough with the Title track but quickly goes downhill.

Published 14 months ago by Stevenski Chan

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars A crushing disappointment!, 10 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Kill the Power (MP3 Download)

Unfortunately it is not at all what I was expecting.

It has none of the 'edge' of Union Black, lacks the killer hooks, monster riffs & dirty beats, these have been replaced with boring, generic riffs, cheesy lyrics & commercial sounding hooks & choruses.
The songs Saturday & More Fire are particularly awful. The former wouldn't sound out of place on a 'Greenday' album the latter on a 'Bruno Mars' album.

A terrible album from a great band.

Back to the drawing board for the next one please guys.

3.0 out of 5 stars "So Disappointing it Breaks Your Heart", 4 Feb. 2014
Mr. C. Snewin (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kill The Power (Audio CD)
So say the lyrics, so is the album.

As I assume is the case with everyone else, I heard 'Ninja' and 'Kill the Power' and I was really looking forward to hearing the rest of the album. Unfortunately the rest of the album is disappointing. The other tracks lack what got me interested in Skindred in the first place; it's not hard-hitting, there aren't catchy riffs or choruses and they haven't pushed any boundaries. I think my main problem is they've tried to be something they're not; 'Ruling Force' tries to be The Prodigy, there are a few times where they've tried to be Enter Shikari, and 'World's on Fire' sounds like something you'd get from Nicki Minaj. It's not a bad album, there are some decent songs, but it's not up to the standard of Babylon, Roots Rock Riot, or Union Black. If you don't have any of those three, get them first.

Live they're still absolutely incredible, and 'Ninja' and 'Kill the Power' are fine additions to the riot. Sometimes when you hear songs live you change your mind, but 'We Live' sort of killed the show as the first encore song. Not even 'Warning' could fully recover what had been a fantastic set. I was disappointed with Shark Bites and Dog Fights and then they came up with Union Black - I'm hoping for a similar recovery next time out.

2.0 out of 5 stars this band rocks like mofos and they succeed in coming over as a ..., 31 July 2014
This review is from: Kill The Power (Audio CD)
I thought Skindred's new album was a guaranteed classic, couldn't have been more wrong and I just don't get it. Live, this band rocks like mofos and they succeed in coming over as a mash up of sound system meets metal. They're the closest thing to Leftfield for that live sub bass boom, you literally feel it massage your body, the band are awesome and for my money Benji is the most capable front man around. 'Kill The Power' and 'Ninja' also hinted at album greatness but the result isn't even okay. I love this band and it hurts to declare the album as one almighty turkey. I can't really articulate just how far off the mark it is, I don't want experimentation, if it aint broke, don't fix it. Many say you should let a band experiment to grow and develop, well Skindred are fully grown and why develop perfection? Some tracks are just plain bad and others don't sound like Skindred, easily their worst album and their previous 'Union Black' was my favourite. I've played it many times now and I'm ready to give up on it. Be warned, for completists only.

3.0 out of 5 stars Its a change..., 3 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Kill the Power (MP3 Download)
Skindred seem to have follow the trend of many bands recently and pull towards a more electronic feel with their music and after hearing the title track one could think it was a refreshing move. However of a major fan of their earlier albums, bar a few ok tracks, this quickly turned a good album to a poor one which had really put me off listening to the album again after only listening to it once. Too much electronic, not enough metal

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Album !, 18 Jan. 2015

5.0 out of 5 stars skindred, 18 April 2014
Mr. James S. Edmondson (u.k.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kill The Power (Audio CD)
heard about them but never actually heard them.a great band with their own powerful sound and energy on a great record

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 20 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Kill The Power (Audio CD)
I have been listening to it non stop for about a week. Love more fire and We Live. Would recommend this to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome CD, 2 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Kill The Power (Audio CD)
I'd recommend this CD to any metal fan....absolutely awesome !! Great mix of tempo for every mood. Mine's in my car.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Brilliant Album by Skindred!, 2 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Kill The Power (Audio CD)
As always a Rocking album as only Skindred can do.
If you like any of their stuff .. highly recommended .. they rock!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 21 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Kill The Power [VINYL] (Audio CD)
I'm not great at writing reviews, but I can say any fan Skindred should not be disappointed with this album. I'm just hoping they tour the U.S. again soon!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›