5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome
I have been listening to it non stop for about a week. Love more fire and We Live. Would recommend this to anyone.
Published 27 days ago by James

3.0 out of 5 stars "So Disappointing it Breaks Your Heart"
So say the lyrics, so is the album.

Published 2 months ago by Mr. C. Snewin

3.0 out of 5 stars "So Disappointing it Breaks Your Heart", 4 Feb 2014
Mr. C. Snewin (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kill The Power (Audio CD)
So say the lyrics, so is the album.

As I assume is the case with everyone else, I heard 'Ninja' and 'Kill the Power' and I was really looking forward to hearing the rest of the album. Unfortunately the rest of the album is disappointing. The other tracks lack what got me interested in Skindred in the first place; it's not hard-hitting, there aren't catchy riffs or choruses and they haven't pushed any boundaries. I think my main problem is they've tried to be something they're not; 'Ruling Force' tries to be The Prodigy, there are a few times where they've tried to be Enter Shikari, and 'World's on Fire' sounds like something you'd get from Nicki Minaj. It's not a bad album, there are some decent songs, but it's not up to the standard of Babylon, Roots Rock Riot, or Union Black. If you don't have any of those three, get them first.

Live they're still absolutely incredible, and 'Ninja' and 'Kill the Power' are fine additions to the riot. Sometimes when you hear songs live you change your mind, but 'We Live' sort of killed the show as the first encore song. Not even 'Warning' could fully recover what had been a fantastic set. I was disappointed with Shark Bites and Dog Fights and then they came up with Union Black - I'm hoping for a similar recovery next time out.

2.0 out of 5 stars A crushing disappointment!, 10 Feb 2014
This review is from: Kill the Power (MP3 Download)
After the truly phenomenal 'Union Black' my anticipation for this album was very high indeed.

Unfortunately it is not at all what I was expecting.

The album starts strongly enough with the Title track but quickly goes downhill.

It has none of the 'edge' of Union Black, lacks the killer hooks, monster riffs & dirty beats, these have been replaced with boring, generic riffs, cheesy lyrics & commercial sounding hooks & choruses.
The songs Saturday & More Fire are particularly awful. The former wouldn't sound out of place on a 'Greenday' album the latter on a 'Bruno Mars' album.

A terrible album from a great band.

Back to the drawing board for the next one please guys.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 20 Mar 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome CD, 2 Mar 2014
This review is from: Kill The Power (Audio CD)
I'd recommend this CD to any metal fan....absolutely awesome !! Great mix of tempo for every mood. Mine's in my car.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Brilliant Album by Skindred!, 2 Mar 2014
This review is from: Kill The Power (Audio CD)
As always a Rocking album as only Skindred can do.
If you like any of their stuff .. highly recommended .. they rock!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 21 Feb 2014
This review is from: Kill The Power [VINYL] (Vinyl)
I'm not great at writing reviews, but I can say any fan Skindred should not be disappointed with this album. I'm just hoping they tour the U.S. again soon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Stuck In My Head, 20 Feb 2014
This review is from: Kill The Power (Audio CD)
I read some of the less positive reviews of this album on here, and was a bit put off. Then I decided, sod it I need a new CD for the car and bought this anyway. At first I could see why people were negative about it, the tracks just didn't seem right. However after listening to the album about three times I actually found myself with some of the tracks going round in my head at work. I think this is probably one of the more balanced (some real bouncing tunes, and some more chilled ones) that I have heard of theirs since I first heard Babylon.

The only down side to the album is, to my knowledge, this is the only album Skindred have released with 'explicit' lyrics, which is a bit of a shame as I have always used them as an example of how just because your metal/hip-hop you don't have to swear all the time. I know it is only Ninja and Kill The Power, but still a bit disappointed with that.

4.0 out of 5 stars KILL THE POWER !!!!, 15 Feb 2014
This review is from: Kill The Power (Audio CD)
Shortly after a friend of mine got me into Skindred, I pre ordered this album. The package I got was the CD (signed), A T-shirt and a sew on patch.
On to the Album when I first listened to it I was a little disappointed with it. The reason for this being the title track had been slightly changed from the single version, this makes you feel slightly unfamiliar. The following tracks Ruling Force and Playing with the devil, move away from Skindred's sound and introduce a lot more electronic influence.
Worlds on fire, Ninja, The kids are right now and proceed with caution sound much more like Skindred's earlier material it still has slight electronic influence to it, however contains the occasional shout near the ends of songs ( worlds on fire and proceed with caution)
We live and Saturday are the two weakest tracks on the album and have a lot more of a generic punk sound.Open eyed is a experimental song starting with vocal and effect intro, which then quickly drops into a heavy riff, before slowing down and continuing with the song, the vocals consist of Benji and Jenna G. Dollars and dimes is much more of a drum and bass track, the intro starting with a drum beat and then leading swiftly into a rhythm section which carries on for the majority of the song, it is very experimental song but works well with Benji's vocals. More fire is a slow song that you can just relax to, It doesn't sound like any other Skindred song but works and finishes the album well ( I can relate it to Guntalk)
The more you listen to this album the whole way through the more it grows on you. I like every song on the album beside Playing with the devil, because it has to much wub and not enough Skindred. Open eyed took me a long time to get into as Jenna G sings on the chorus and it just didn't seem to work first time around, how ever the song grows on you the more you listen to it.
Overall this album is a good album not amazing like union black.( How can you top that !) I feel it is a lot softer than Skindred's previous albums and is a good starting point if you want to get into Skindred.

5.0 out of 5 stars Newport Windmill Returns, 15 Feb 2014
This review is from: Kill The Power (Audio CD)
Awesome, probably Skindred's crossover album. Really well produced and some great dubstep stylee stuff going off.

Top noise which Kids are Right Now and Worlds on FIre are class. The title track is awesome as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Opinions are like buttholes, 15 Feb 2014
This review is from: Kill the Power (MP3 Download)
...music is so subjective and this album has obviously split opinion but that's a good thing. If you're a long-standing Skindred fan there might be a chance you think they've 'sold out' but only in the same way as Megadeth fans thought they sold out with 'Countdown to Extinction'. It's the easiest album for Skindred newbies - even my wife likes it but to say they've lost their edge is codswallop.

While it's true to say that it's not the 'heaviest' Skindred album it's no lightweight either. There's still bombastic riffs, great choruses and full of great songs. I've enjoyed the odd Skindred track and even though I own every album I have found that there's plenty of fillers on their previous efforts. Not so with Kill the Power, every song is well crafted and inspired. You don't have to listen hard to find sounds borrowed from the likes of Prodigy, Korn, Cypress Hill, Red Hot Chili Peppers and even Gorillaz let alone the large pool of Ragga, Reggae, Dubstep and even UK Grime.

Of course everyone will have a different opinion as this isn't a tangible product you can subjectively review.

tbfmonline.co.uk/2014/01/02/album-review-skindred-kill-the-power/