5.0 out of 5 stars Best On A Tablet Device
Firstly I feel that I should point out that this is a whole lot better on a tablet device. The illustrations are in colour and black and white, but the majority are in colour and these although showing up okay on a standard Kindle e-reader, do look much better on a tablet, and as I found looking at this on my iPad, the illustrations can also be enlarged.

With...
Published 10 months ago by M. Dowden

3.0 out of 5 stars Illustrated classic
A reasonable deal for the money I paid (free) but while the text was fine the illustrations were tiny. I guess the idea was to not be so cheap next time.
Published 9 months ago by Ben Zyl

5.0 out of 5 stars Best On A Tablet Device, 12 Feb 2014
M. Dowden (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Beatrix Potter Illustrated Collection: 22 Books, 660 Illustrations, Peter Rabbit, Benjamin Bunny and Many More! (Kindle Edition)

With that out of the way I can tell you that this eBook does have an active table of contents, so it is a doddle to find any particular book here that you may want to read. In all some thought has gone into the production of this, there are gaps on pages, especially if you look at this on a standard Kindle, but you will realise that this is so that illustrations can appear in the correct places, rather than on another page; also you have a picture of the book cover for these books as well when you start them, giving it a bit more the feeling of traditional books.

I expect that this will be very popular, especially as it is currently on promo and also so many of us grew up with the Beatrix Potter tales as told to us by our parents, who also grew up with them. Of the twenty three main books that we immediately think of when we think of Beatrix Potter, this book contains twenty two, missing only ‘The Tale of Little Pig Robinson’; of course Beatrix Potter did write other books as well. The stories also appear in the order that they were published. There is also a link at the back of this book to download an audio version of the majority of these tales, at no extra cost. Currently I haven’t tried that but it is something that is good to have for some people.

Featuring some of literature’s most loved animals this is a great book to have and will be enjoyed by adults as much as children as you re-read these tales from your own childhood. Not just popular here but throughout the world these tales are timeless and one nowadays wonders who are the biggest fans, us or the Japanese, who especially love these tales. Always a pleasure to read, these stories will go on enthralling many more generations and hopefully your little children will lap these stories up. Be warned though little girls especially may want some of the characters, I know that my mum still buys Mrs Tiggy-winkle items from time to time, and indeed I have bought her a few over the years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not perfect - but pretty close to ..., 12 Feb 2014
I am very lucky and have purchased this to enjoy selfishly. It is a real treat to wander in a world of gentle nostalgia.

The illustrations work surprisingly well on the monochrome kindle eReader, They are wonderful pastels on the free Kindle for PC application.

If you have any of the Kindle Fire tablets I think this would be a lovely addition to your library for pleasure, for demonstration of graphics abilities and for entrancing any little people in your life.

5.0 out of 5 stars great value., 24 Feb 2014
Absolutely fantastic value for money, original text and illustrations. My son was thrilled and as they were downloaded to kindle it meant I didn't have to pack lot's of books when we went away for a few days. Very happy customer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful !, 12 Feb 2014
This is a lovely download. The illustrations are so familiar!
To download the free audiobook go to the end of the book, where you will find a link.

5.0 out of 5 stars For a colour kindle or iPad, 1 Mar 2014
A. White (York, UK) - See all my reviews
This brings back so many childhood memories! All of Beatrix Potter's well loved stories with all her beautiful illustrations faithfully translated onto the screen. I haven't yet tried reading this in my paperwhite, obviously in black and white there, but on my kindle app on my iPad the colours are beautiful.

Well recommended for nostalgic adults or younger children's kindles - it's Beatrix Potter, you can't go wrong!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is superb! A Great compilation., 10 Feb 2014
I bought this for my daughter who is a huge Beatrix Potter fan and we are delighted! The layout works great on my Kindle reader app. The Illustrations are clear, the whole compilation has been very well put together. Very happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beatrix Potter, 26 July 2014
Damaskcat (UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This is best read on a tablet or a computer because of the colour illustrations. I didn't read Beatrix Potter as a child, though of course I'm familiar with some of the characters such as the Tailor of Gloucester and Mrs Tiggywinkle. I think these are timeless tales and can be read and enjoyed by children and adults alike.

I happened to download this edition when it was free but even at the low price at which it is currently offered for sale it is an absolute bargain and I'm enjoying reading these simple tales with their marvellous illustrations. Recommended to all who are capable of setting aside adult sophistication and cynicism and enjoying stories for what they are.

3.0 out of 5 stars Illustrated classic, 28 Feb 2014
Ben Zyl (North Britain) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent price for this illustrated collection from Beatrix Potter, 9 Aug 2014
Although this is only black and white on my kindle it doesnt detract or lose any of its charm. Excellent price for this illustrated collection from Beatrix Potter. A real gem right through ,so glad I came accross this . I used to read some of these to my son & daughters but love it that I now own a copy for myself. Lovely to browse at any time & read the one I missed.Rekindled the joy of Potter and having been to her home in Hilltop can see the way her home influenced her drawings.

1.0 out of 5 stars ... is poorly laid out and lacks any attempt at good design. The image quality of the illustrations are ..., 4 Dec 2014
This e-book is poorly laid out and lacks any attempt at good design. The image quality of the illustrations are so bad, that it would be almost laughable had I not paid good money for this rubbish. I truly cannot understand why the publishers of this e-book, lacked the ability or desire to reproduce what are freely available quality images. I strongly advise anyone looking to buy a copy of Beatrix Potter's illustrated stories to look elsewhere.