on 5 February 2010
This book is a must for every one who won't accept the manufactured reality. It reads well and provides all the essential information. One of the reviewers here had a bad day and complained that it doesn't do the washing, but it is not an Encyclopedia of Nutrition, Healthcare, Hygiene, etc.! This books gives you enough to understand the concept so you can follow it. If you get attracted then you will know what to read next.
THE MOST IMPORTANT THING about Dr Graham's approach is that he is not trying to sell you ANYTHING. No £500 blenders, no £10/gram magic green powders, no dehydrators, no "superfoods". He tells you how to use what Nature gives. This book is worth any money.
0Comment|122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 March 2014
2 weeks into this diet and i feel like a new person. weight loss,better skin, my IBS seems cured, so much energy. It's perfect.
on 8 March 2014
Lovely book. Really enjoy being raw and this helped explain things immensely. Inspired me to the point of starting my own raw food blog [...]
on 17 July 2014
I've heard so much about this book and was so excited to get it in the post. So far it is living up to its expectations, it's easy and fun to read, so informative and such a different take on diet all together... something that actually makes total sense and really works. Definitely recommend this book, 5 stars!
on 26 May 2015
The best diet by far and I've followed the paleo diet for years. I'm completely converted having realised that there is not such a thing as protein deficiency. As an athlete my energy has improved substantially.
on 4 June 2011
Douglas Graham describes a simple diet to revitalise our health and wellbeing. I have so much more energy and stamina than before. I was not thriving as a vegan until I started to follow the 80/10/10 diet principles. This involves more fruit (for breakfast I have 5-6 subacid/acid fruits and for lunch 10-12 bananas); and less grains, nuts, seeds and vegetable oils (including so-called "healthy" olive oil and houmous, one of my old favourites!). Thank you Doug.

UPDATE 14/7/13: Possibly contrary to the book principles, I have started eating a handful of raw mixed nuts for breakfast and having my fruit for lunch. I feel much stronger and better for it.
on 22 November 2011
There are a few books out now and lots of online information about raw food diets. This is a good read, but recommend you do some research online and get some other books. After all, most of these are written on the authors experiences and opinions and not everyone is alike. Take body types, tolerances and allergies for example. This is DEFFINATELY worth gettin, but dont fool yourself that you can take and get all you need to know by picking up any one book.

If your going to buy this (and i'd recommend it) get some others too. I'd Suggest Never be Sick Again / Never Be Fat Again by Raymond Francis and Your Bodies Many Cries For Water by F. Batmanghelidj. A simple search in an online search engine will also reveal some good results. Best of luck!
22 comments|69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 September 2015
I've been running for many years for health. It always helped me. However after some injuries and other health upsets (nothing uncommon to most people...) I started to do some serious health research.
I guess we all start with some underlying ideas at the back of our minds that give us some direction at the onset of our research. In my case this has been my believing that great sports performance is intimately connected to good health.
Said that, after trying the suggestions of this book at some 70% for just three days, I leaped from running at 5:30'/km for 5 km one Tuesday to 4:26'/km on Friday (same time in the day, same conditions) effortlessly and without any intention of improving my times. Anyone who runs often knows that improving one minute per km is not an act of strong will. Thanks so far Dr. Graham.
on 7 October 2015
I would definitely recommend this book. I have been on raw food diet for sometime now however wasn't feeling energetic, this book has changed that! Dr Graham explains the fat side of raw which has really changed how I'm eating, simple is better and I'm feeling fantastic! Get this book and invest in your health, you won't regret it!
on 9 May 2013
If you're looking for maximum health, nutrition & well-being... Or if you're into veganism, raw foods or spirituality... Then this is the book for YOU!

After just recently turning raw vegan myself from being an absolute carnivore, I chose this book to learn about the raw vegan lifestyle, & I'm sooo glad I picked this book, over the other so-called "Raw Guru's" books, like David Wolfe & Matt Monarch... As after doing a bit of research into the raw vegan lifestyle, the 80/10/10 diet comes up trumps every time... No BS, no supplements, no fancy kitchen machinery, just maximum health, nutrition & well-being...

I feel that after reading this book I've saved myself a lot of time & effort, sieving through all the BS & misinformation about the raw vegan lifestyle...

This lifestyle really does work... Try it out!