4.0 out of 5 stars A great light but beware of the clothing clip
A really bright rear light that gets you seen. It comprises of two rows, each of 5 LEDs. Each row works independently and can be set to any one of 4 modes - either flashing, constant, side-to-side or random.

Published on 1 Oct 2011 by Nat L

3.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant light.....very poor bracket
This was bought to replace a Cateye HI-Ld 1100 that kept falling out of its bracket. About the third time I removed the new lamp from its clasp the bracket clasp broke. So now I have a brilliant lamp that has to be kept in place with insulation tape. A great pity because this is essentially a good light. Finding a replacement bracket(the bit that holds the lamp,not the...
Published 12 months ago by The gourmet wanderer

4.0 out of 5 stars A great light but beware of the clothing clip, 1 Oct 2011

It comes with fitting for the saddle post and a clothing clip. My saddle bag covers the saddle post so I used the clothing clip to attach the light to a loop on the back of the bag. This was ok for a little time but then I discovered that the lamp and the clip had both become detached from the bag and had been lost - no doubt when going over some bumpy ground. I'm now on my second lamp and have used a cable tie to ensure that I don't lose this one as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cateye Hl-Ld1100 Rear Light Led - Black, 6 Dec 2011
I do believe this will be the last rear light I will need to buy.

The bracket is a standard cateye rear light tilting bracket with two different size loops and packers to suit your frame or seat post. It also comes with a belt clip so you can attach it to your bag if you wish.

It has six lights facing the rear and two on each end. There are two on-off buttons on the right hand end and these operate a level each, so top button top level of lights, enabling you to have the top row of lights fixed and the bottom set flashing. Which I was very impressed with.

When pointed at the wall the rear lights are set so that they create a spot of light so feel free to aim this at the drivers face so they can see you.
It is as water proof as they claim as I have it on my seat post and no mud guard to protect it so the water just gets fired up off the wheel all over it, which is what killed my last light.

I highly recommend purchasing this light; you get what you pay for that is for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice to see you, to see you......, 2 Mar 2011
Excellent product with an array of super bright settings - it's like towing around the lighting rig from a small Pink Floyd concert. Quite expensive, but well worth the money. I particularly like the side light design for added visibility.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super bright, use night or day, 10 Mar 2012
Got this for daily commute and it is quite simply brilliant. I wanted to be noticed night or day and this doesn't disappoint, it is super bright! If I'm picky if maybe has too many modes but it is reasonably easy to press both buttons at once (4 times) even with gloves on. Possibly a slight issue with seal also as I noticed batteries started to rust a little, I put a bit of sealant tape around the end as I have with all my lights just to be sure. Use this light every day for commute (45mins) and only changed the batteries (2xAA) 3 times in a year so battery life is decent. I am extremely happy with this light, if anyone says they didn't see me they're lying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good all-round visibility, 18 May 2012
Great visibility from the side. Excellent brightness without blinding (in my opinion). Can be seen in the daytime.

I used to have another rear cateye light, (which lasted for around 2.5 years) and in my opinion the bracket was the weakest part of the product. This bracket seems much stronger, so I'm optimistic about the life span of this light.

NB - the two different horizontal rows of lights on this product are controlled by two independent buttons. You can set them separately, but it can be difficult to sync them perfectly. This is either excellent or very slightly disappointing, depending on what your after. If you want just one steady set of flashing lights, you could always just use the top section and double your battery life, but if a bold flash is not your priority, then this configuration offers a wealth of options. I like to have one on steady (so that drivers can more easily tell your distance and speed), and one of flash (to grab attention).

5.0 out of 5 stars Best out there, 18 Jun 2012
Works best on the 'chasing' mode - best level of battery life and visibility (it also looks rather cool!) The batteries will last for ages, you can operate it even whilst on the bike and with thick gloves on. Only problem is, mine got stolen today so make sure it's on securely or you take it off. More importantly though, I'm ordering one exactly the same again, which is just testament to the product an manufacturer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright and versatile, 5 Nov 2012
I bought and fastened the lamp when evening started getting dark, and I've felt so much safer ever since. The lamp is incredibly bright and flashes to sides in addition to back. It's got four different modes, which is actually more than what I even needed: one flash mode would be enough for me. It's good that one can turn only half of the leds on just to save the batteries when it's not that dark.

5.0 out of 5 stars Arrived very fast, 13 Aug 2012
The light was a replacement for one that had failed after getting wet. Shortly after this one arrived my old one began working again. Now I have an excellent spare of the best back light on the market.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good light - shame about the bracket, 16 Oct 2011
My mate has this light on the back of both of his bikes - So, came well recommended.

Pros
-Very bright.
-Top and bottom row work independently to each other - which means ou can have 1 row flashing, with the other constantly on.
-Sturdy construction
-Pretty much water-proof (don't know if I'd want to put it in a bucket of water, but has survived ALL weather conditions so far, and is attached to my bike permanently, and kept outdoors - still working fine after 2 months of rain/mist/dewy mornings - and my friend has had his for about 2 years in the same conditions)

Cons (Only one, and that's only if, like me, you wish to attach it to the rear of a pannier rack)
- Although this excellent light comes with various brackets to attach it to your bike, none of them are for fitting to the flat back of a pannier rack! They are for the seat post, or there is a clip for the clip points found on some panniers (not the ones I use, unfortunately). This can be a bit of an issue if your panniers get in the way, when it's attached to the seat post. To get round this issue, I have had to create a home made solution, as I couldn't find any brackets I could buy, anywhere! (I say 'I', when in fact it was my engineer father that worked it out!)

That one, unfortunate, niggle out of the way, I would absolutely recommend this light to anyone looking for a well priced, quality rear light - 5 stars without a doubt!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece..., 29 Aug 2013
Having been a keen road cyclist for many years now, cycling at least 120 miles a week, usually more - I have had my fair share of lights, most of which have either packed in or have gone AWOL whilst out on a ride.

This is by far my favorite light of them all. Very very bright, I have had a driver in the past (A fellow cyclist) stop and commend me on how bright the light was, he wanted one the same.

It's a bit pricier than most, but I feel it is well worth it, to have the function of a constant beam coupled with a flashing function, or alternatively two flashing functions is a great feature. I have had lights in the past that flashed at such a slow rate that a fast moving car behind has not seen me in time when exiting a corner, as the light had gone off before I was in view and flashed when the driver was much closer than I would have like, needless to say that light had to go.

I have had this particular light for well over a year now, used it most mornings/nights (especially in the winter months, not so much in the summer) and I have not at to change any batteries at all yet (I think I am using lithium batteries).

I have one fitted to both bikes now, and the first one I bought has been on the bike for well over a year, done about 6000 miles and has not gone AWOL, therefore I can deduce from that the bracket and fixings are sufficient. Also works in all weathers, rain has never been an issue either. In all honesty I can't see any downside to this product, buy it - it may save your life.

Cateye LD1100 Rear Cycle Light