5.0 out of 5 stars Great follow up to previous books
Great follow up to previous books. The reader would need to read those first to fully appreciate this next instalment.
Published 9 months ago by Pennyc.

3.0 out of 5 stars Having loved the Little Coffee Shop of Kabul
Published 19 days ago by D. L. Stewart

3.0 out of 5 stars Having loved the Little Coffee Shop of Kabul, 14 April 2015
D. L. Stewart "Debs" (Upminster) - See all my reviews
Having loved the Little Coffee Shop of Kabul, I was eager to read her latest book, however I was rather disappointed. She should stick to writing novels, in my view. Her autobiography wasn't THAT interesting. I finished the book (which did get better halfway though, thank goodness) as I rarely give up on a book. I got fed up with her repeatedly long descriptions of cantinas (models of skeletons dressed up in clothes - weird!) . Sorry, Debbie Rodriguez- your story had the makings of being an interesting one but it fell short in your telling of it! On this basis I am not overly optimistic about The Beauty School of Kabul....

2.0 out of 5 stars A disappointing read, 19 July 2014
This review is from: The House on Carnaval Street: From Kabul to a Home by the Mexican Sea (Kindle Edition)
As with the (to date) previous two reviewers, I too was very disappointed with this book. I almost gave up several times but decided to persevere in case something interesting happened. Sadly it didn’t. In Deborah Rodrigues’s previous two books “The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul” and “The Kabul Beauty School” she gave a wonderful insight into the lives of the people of Kabul and particularly the women for whom one felt a tremendous amount of sympathy and admiration. However, this book is self-indulgent and boring and I got the impression it was written more as therapy for the author than anything else. When an author starts talking about mystical experiences I feel I want to scream “enough already”. Well done Deborah on getting your life back together and yet again providing employment for people who would not necessarily find it themselves but please write something more interesting next time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great follow up to previous books, 31 July 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars funny and totally absorbing book, 2 April 2015
After reading her previous books and this one, I have the sense that I know Debbie Rodriguez. She has written another interesting, funny and totally absorbing book. I wonder what she'll do next and where she'll go. I hope she writes about it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 20 Mar. 2015
This is her 3rd book and follows from the other 2 but can be read alone. Great story telling and honest insight into the way we are all affected by our life experiences. Great descriptions made me want to go to Mexico. Highly recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as good as Coffee shop or Beauty school, 3 May 2015
Not quite as good as the first two books and I found it a bit difficult to follow as it seemed to jump about a bit. Nice true account however and was pleased to see that all has turned out OK

4.0 out of 5 stars They all gave a good insight into the countries & their customs & traditions, 3 May 2015
Very entertaining light reading as were her 2 previous books. They all gave a good insight into the countries & their customs & traditions.

4.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed.., 22 Jun. 2014
Not up to this author's previous standard, "waffles" a bit in places. A couple of times I was tempted to put the book down and give up, bur persevered till the end .

4.0 out of 5 stars Different, 23 April 2015
A good read and something different have really enjoyed reading thus and would recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars The House on Carnaval Street, 21 Mar. 2015
R. Harrison "jelly baby" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Love Rodriquez and her interesting life stories ... totally captivates the reader