4.0 out of 5 stars A different approach to the subject, 2 April 2014
I have read a great many histories and accounts of this massive conflict ranging from a 13 volume set titled "the Great War", published at the time, through to this publication. I liked the way the author(s) linked the history and progress of the war in its many theatres to actual artifacts from the period as held in museums. The book is well written and each chapter describes the artifact shown. It is a book I am happy to recommend to others whether or not they are versed in this period of our history almost a century ago. I have a personal interest in this period as my late father served in France as a rifleman with the New Zealand Expeditionary Force, also last year I was able to travel through the areas of France and Belgium where he saw action.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book. Please can we have more., 5 Jun 2014
This review is from: A History Of The First World War In 100 Objects: In Association With The Imperial War Museum (Kindle Edition)
This is without doubt, an excellent book.I have read a few books about the First World War. The idea of short chapters, tying in to items from the Imperial War Museum is like touching history itself. I am sure I shall dip into this book many times in the future. The book has made me aware of many facts about the war I have not read elsewhere, leading me to search out other related reading.
I am sure there is room for more books like this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 29 Mar 2014
C. Rees "charlie" (UK) - See all my reviews
I wanted a WW1 book with a difference for my son who is a WW1 buff and this fits the bill. It was pre-ordered and arrived exactly as promised. The book is very interesting, some of the selected objects are a bit quirky but my son loves it and so do I.

5.0 out of 5 stars it was as all the books i have read,, 6 July 2014
it was as all the books i have read , top marks

5.0 out of 5 stars ww1 book, 2 Jun 2014
many thanks for a very interesing book it will be very usefull this year as we do displays and the information will come in handy

5.0 out of 5 stars A different aspect of the First WOrld War, 17 May 2014
Quite a different way of bringing the Great War to life on paper. One hundred different objects each one significant in its own way. Nice little pieces you can dip into in any order when you feel like a read.

5.0 out of 5 stars wide ranging - fascinating, 2 May 2014
I found being able to see the object and learn their significance to WWI made the events more personal and significant. I learned a great deal about events which are not normally covered in WWI histories which tend to focus on trench warfare.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 26 April 2014
Through items in the imperial war museum, this book highlight the personal stories about them, and also the broader story of the events these artefacts were involved in the war.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but far too hyped, 25 April 2014
L. M. Chambers "LeeBop" (Stevenage, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this after a review in a national newspaper eschewing it's virtue.

It's a hefty tome and the images and narrative are informative.

5.0 out of 5 stars Long term reading, 21 April 2014
I have not finished this book yet. Because it is broken up into 100 sections you can read a few and then set it aside for later. Well conveived book and will I am sure give my many happy reading days in the future.