Size: 3 PieceChange

on 22 January 2016
Having owned these for about 10 months I'm disappointed with how they last.
The grey non stick finish has started to peel off.

But more irritatingly the removable handles keep jamming closed to point that neither open any more. - Exceptionally irritating and I would really have expected greater longevity for the price.
We cook a moderate amount but hardly abusive with regard to pans. Our last pans where half the price and lasted over 3 years. In fact we only changed them for the space saving ability this set provided. Shame as they cook well, concept is great ,and stows away in the draw really well
review image review image
Size: 13 PieceVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
You wouldn't think that there's much that a company can change about a set of pans perhaps, but in this case Tefal have obviously gone back to the drawing board and had a think about what improvements could be made to your regular pans. Storage of pans has always been an issue in our house and so I was really pleased to see how well this set stacked as some bright spark has come up with the idea of removable handles. Sadly, for whatever reason, our set doesn't stack quite as nicely as illustrated in the picture even though we've tried to recreate it. I guess one or more of the pans are just a slightly different size. However, that said, they still stack very well and take up far less room than a conventional set of pans with their attached handles. The knobs/handles on the top of the pan lids even fold out flat so that the lids can stack flat on top of one another. Very clever!

The non-stick coating is really non-stick and seems quite thick and robust. These are, without a doubt, the most non-stick pans that I've ever owned. They also have a little heat indicator sign in them so that you can gauge when your pans are hot enough/too hot. The heat seems to distribute very evenly through these pans and they seem very solid and well made.

Now for the few minor quibbles that I have with them. First of all, the lids are not oven-safe which seems slightly daft for pans that are meant to be used in various guises from hob to oven. Next, the removable handles are a clever idea which allows for easier pan stacking and the clipping on/off mechanism seems to work very well. However, you can still get a slight sideways movement of the pan v the handle if you're shaking the pan, for example, and this does lead to a bit of scratching around where the handle attaches. I could also do with another handle or two because if I'm cooking a big dinner with many pans on the go at once it can be a little bit frustrating to have to keep clipping and unclipping the handles to transfer them from one pan to another. Also, I find that nearly every time I use these pans, food ends up getting stuck in the handle where it attaches inside the pan. Not a particular problem since I just pop them in the dishwasher along with the rest, but a bit annoying - especially if you're using the handles for multiple pans at the time. Another minor fault, in my eyes, is that the main pouring "spout" from the lid is opposite the cut-out for the handle. Therefore you can end up pouring almost vertically and risk the steam burning you. It is possible to pour from other sides of the lid as it doesn't quite touch all the way around, but this doesn't always work so well.

Re-reading the above that seems like quite a list of gripes! On the whole, though, I honestly do really like these pans - they seem like a quality set that should last a long time and do cook well. I'll be buying more handles if I can find them!
0Comment15 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Size: 13 PieceVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Great little item, and wonderfully space saving (as you can see from the picture on the product page - it nests together just like that, which is about a third of the space that a normal pan set of this size would take up. The non-stick coating is effective, and the removable handles are a great idea - truly hob to oven.

The only real weaknesses I can see at this point are:

1. The handles clamp down on the inside of the pan - which means it's pretty easy to get food inside the clamping mechanism (I did it on the first usage - it washed out easily enough, but it would be better if it there were a ridge or something for it to grip onto on the outside of the pan, so that this would not be an issue)

2. There are only three pan lids provided, and they do not cover the full range of pan sizes provided. You could possibly argue that a fry pan doesn't need a lid (though I like mine to), but the one that looks like a deep casserole pan really ought to have a lid in the corresponding size)
on 6 February 2015
After contacting T-FAL USA & learning there were no plans to sell the Ingenio product line in the US, I took to the Internet. After all, we don't all live in McMansions here...anyway, Amazon UK came to the rescue!

I am in love with this set! The quality is very high & it fits in my tiny kitchen cabinet with room to spare. I purchased this set specifically to work with the induction range I am purchasing as well. Will update my review then, but for now, these pots & pans are performing wonders on my very decrepit gas range. They distribute heat very well & clean up is a breeze. No strange smells have emitted from them while cooking & they came through my dishwasher sparkling harder than a badly-written, teenage vampire's backside. I've been re-training myself to remove the handles as much as possible while cooking; it's feels a little odd, but I've been finding I actually don't use the handle as much as I thought I would. They do have some heft, which keeps them stable on the range, but aren't so heavy as to be unwieldy. I do wish the lids were oven-safe, but I don't mind using a bit of foil instead.

All in all, this is an excellent set & I will definitely be ordering some complimentary items from the same line in the near future!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 March 2015
Pans were good - handle already broken in less than a month!
on 23 May 2014
Size: 13 PieceVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
this is an excellent set and a worthy addition to any kitchen. As a recent graduate, all my past ktchenware has been treated faily badly by various people and has been generally shoddy to start with- so the non-stick capabilities have been a revelation to me!

I was unsure about the removable handles at first but they are sturdy and don't feel in risk of coming off and they allow the pans to nest together and take up minimal space in the cupboard. My only niggles are that there are only 2 of them (at least 3 would have been more practical for me) and that they're a little fiddly to clean around the clamp area.

So far I've made stir fries, curries and eggy bread all with great success, and I've tested the oven capabilities by baking a cookie in the small frying pan. which worked better than I could have hoped.

Overall I'm very happy and I'd recommend this set, especially to someone my their first 'grown-up' kitchen staples.

Edited to add- since writing this review 5 months ago, one of the handles has become stuck in the closed position and is now unusable :( Overall I'm still very happy but thought this detail might be an important dealbreakee for someone!
11 comment9 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 September 2015
Update after 7 months: non stick coating is showing to not be durable at all. Most recently a large blister of the non stick coating peeled away from inside of a saucepan. Not impressed at all. Never seen a non-stick coating fail like this before.

#######

Pretty good, had for three months, no problems with handles. Lids are very good, you can drain without a colander for most things. The rims of the pans tend to get marked i.e. the coating scratched off which I think is due to the handle clamps. Still this isn't where you cook things, so its a cosmetic issue. The main non-stick coating seems fine, but it would after only 3 months.
review image review image
Size: 3 PieceVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I am a bit of a kitchen utensil freak, I like nice quality shun knives, copper bottom pans and stylish cutlery. I usually buy top end items because I believe they last longer and are therefore more cost effective. When buying pans in the past I have never been attracted to the Tefal brand. Whilst these pans are not top top quality in terms of non stick coating, I believe the coating will wear through quite quickly, they are nevertheless excellent pans for the price. Supposedly the unique selling point of these pans is that they can be used on the hob, oven and then be used for serving at the table, due to the detachable handle. The idea of this is not new. I can remember my Grandmother having a set similar to these in the 1970's and in that time they were made by Prestige. These pans are similar and I really like the idea. They are perfect for searing meat and then adding the sauce and cooking it in the oven.

Overall, whilst the idea of a detachable handle is not new, this set is very nice for the price and I can highly recommend them.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 June 2015
Pans themselves, brilliant. Best I ever owned. Unfortunately only 2 removable handles are provided. One of mine ceased up and had to be replaced, and I was advised not to submerge the handles when washing. Very difficult to clean inside the locking mechanism without submerging. Not ideal as they get splashed and dirty
Size: 3 PieceVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
It feels slightly ridiculous to be excited about what is essentially two frying pans with a detachable handle, but within weeks of them arriving they’ve become my most used kitchen utensils – I absolutely love them. The pans themselves have the quality finish you’d expect from Tefal and at this price – quite heavy, thick base for even cooking, non-stick surface means they wash like a dream. The handle goes on and off with ease and feels 100% safe in use. When cooking curries or anything I wanted to put in the oven to finish, I’ve always transferred them into a casserole dish – now I just use these pans, straight into the oven and unclip the handle. Some lids would have been good, but I cover with foil or use a casserole dish lid. These pans aren’t cheap, but in this case you really are getting what you pay for. Can’t recommend highly enough, and plan to investigate the rest of the range.

See one answered question