4.0 out of 5 stars Prefer my traditional steel wok, 16 May 2014
Marand (Warwickshire) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Tefal Ingenio Induction Wok, 28 cm - Black (Kitchen & Home)
I got this as part of a set. Overall I really like the pans - nice weight, good non-stick, easy to clean but I wouldn't choose this over a traditional thin carbon steel wok for stir-frying on a gas hob. It is a great pan for cooking meat, fish or vegetables in sauces, particularly for starting them on the hob and moving them into the oven to finish, and also for Indian dishes, but for high temperature oriental stir-frying I will continue with my traditional wok even though it isn't as easy to clean. For me the Ingenio wok doesn't heat up as quickly as the traditional one and confuses my timings. Nor is it as large so, even though the sides are quite upright compared to a traditional wok, food tends to escape. I daresay if I persisted I would get used to it but as I already have he other one, there isn't sufficient reason to do this. I haven't used the wok (or indeed any wok) on an induction hob and my view might be different then. I have used the Ingenio saucepans on an induction hob in a holiday cottage in France and found them to be excellent for general cooking, but as I say, I haven't any experience of high temperature wok cooking on that type of hob.

The Ingenio system, with its detachable handles, is brilliant though and makes storing pans in a restricted space very easy, I think is particularly pertinent with something like a wok which can be awkward to store in a cupboard. If you don't have other pans from the range be sure to check whether a handle is included - I have seen the wok offered with and without, and at hugely varying prices from different suppliers even here on Amazon. It might be worth checking whether ordering the wok and a handle separately works out cheaper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very versatile product!, 15 Dec 2014
An excellent pan, that can be use as a wok, or frying pan. Stores in the cupboard much more easily than a conventional pan. Good quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 Oct 2014