1.0 out of 5 stars An insult to the ENTIRE snow sports community, 10 Aug 2014
This review is from: Cloud 9 [DVD] [2014] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC] (DVD)
First of all, this DVD is region 1 Europe is region 2 so I hope you have a multi region DVD player. Anyway, the whole film is basically just a sportier version of Disney's Cow Belles starring Aly and AJ a couple of years ago. This s***ty low budget film stars a Legally blonde esque protagonist who has to minions who are her biggest fans (one only being able to communicate through text message) basically the whole plot is about some rich girl who finds out her dad has been rigging all her snowboarding competitions and is framed for breaking her town's sacred billboard and hires former snowboarding legend to teach her the Cloud Nine, the film's namesake. Now the Cloud Nine is a real trick but it's not called the Cloud Nine it's actually called cab double cork which seriously injured snowbaorder Kevin Pearce which I find slightly insensitive. Another thing I realised right from the beginning was that no self respecting snow gear brand wanted to touch this movie so disney had to make up some fictional brand, if you look at the trailer on youtube Disney DISABLED the comments on youtube because they knew no one but nine year old's who had never seen a mountain would like this film. In the actual film there's only like five minutes of riding time, in fact there's more dog footage than there is snowboarding footage.

Now don't get me wrong I'm one of the biggest dreamers out there and grew up on Disney but my bad relationship
with Disney channel original movies can be traced back as far as Princess Protection programme and then after that I was a bit on off with them but I loved every single one before that. Like I said I am a dreamer but I'm also a snowboarder and I guarantee if I showed 50 surfers and snowboarders the Johnny Kapahala films they'd have similar reactions.

And if you think I'm the only snowboarder to find this film repulsive find the article on it by snowboarding magazine White Line

And while you're at it, look up the little s***s disney is currently thrusting into the spotlight and compare them to what you grew up on.

Unfortunately for me I grew up at an awkward stage where I'd be too young to remember early episodes of Lizzie McGuire, That's So Raven and Phil of the Future but remember their final seasons and the new shows that took their time slots such as ANT farm, Good Luck Charlie and Shake It Up which all respectively have retired and been replaced by this ridiculous shows entitled Dog With A Blog, I Didn't Do It and a new show which actually sounds promising Girl Meets World

1.0 out of 5 stars So wasted money and on disappointed daughter, 14 Aug 2014
This review is from: Cloud 9 [DVD] [2014] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC] (DVD)
Could not play as it is only playable in America. So wasted money and on disappointed daughter. Amazon should not sell this in the Uk.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 28 July 2014
This review is from: Cloud 9 [DVD] [2014] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC] (DVD)
I couldn't play it in England.

Cloud 9 [DVD] [2014] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]