5.0 out of 5 stars He just keeps getting better
Published 2 months ago by Pimmo

3.0 out of 5 stars ok
This is ok album, but generally I miss here stronger melodies and more synth work. The best song , in my opinion, is first one, and then a few songs are ok, but the other songs are just boring.
Published 1 month ago by Arsen Solovka

5.0 out of 5 stars He just keeps getting better, 3 Feb 2014
This review is from: After the Disco (MP3 Download)
I love pretty much everything James Mercer does so it was not a big decision to buy. The Shins last album Port of Morrow was a mixed bag but contained a few gems (simple song, rifle spiral) but this is top notch all the way through, and a better initial listen than the first effort with Danger Mouse. Highlights at the moment are Holding on for life, control and perfect world but I can imagine the other worming their way into my brain in no time.

5.0 out of 5 stars they've done it again!, 9 Feb 2014
This review is from: After the Disco (MP3 Download)
could be my favourite album of the year (this far!)- the bar was very high after their first release and they have kept it high

5.0 out of 5 stars almost mystical, faraway quality about it, 14 April 2014
Sean (Chatham, Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: After the Disco (Audio CD)
My interest in this Album was spurred by a review of it, in the ‘Times newspaper; I found it very listenable, and have not wanted to skip any track on this CD. It has an almost mystical, faraway quality about it, which I find appealing; well worth the money….

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Second Album, 12 April 2014
This review is from: After the Disco (Audio CD)
The first 3 tracks are for me the best 3 tracks on the album,and the title track,After The Disco, will be right up there with the best tunes to come out this year. If you liked the first album then this is a step further in the right direction,not perfection by any means but a very,very good album. Shins and James Mercer fans will certainly find it appealing.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must hear album, 5 April 2014
This review is from: After the Disco (Audio CD)
Bought this on the back of hearing one song. Fab decision! This is one of the best albums I've heard in a long time, not one bad song. Highly recommended!!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's James Mercer and Brian Burton, what more needs to be said., 27 Mar 2014
This review is from: After the Disco (Audio CD)
With one previous album (Broken Bells) Broken Bells have burst back with a sophomore album which improves from the debut record in every way. It's full of life that is purely infectious upon hitting play on that opening track, and what a track that is, known as "Perfect World" and it does exactly what it says on the tin. The opening baseline is like a red carpet welcoming you to an event, providing great hospitality this song hits in every area it aims for, with powerful lyrics, consistent bass, and strong vocals to boot this will keep you rocking throughout the six minutes and twenty four seconds of duration.

With the opening three songs focusing on deep bass and energetic synth we come to track number four, "Leave it Alone" which would remind you of a The Shins song, for good reason. I believe it's one of Mr. Mercer's most powerful songs, and he seems to be in paradise with it. The track focuses on pitch perfect guitar work, beautiful lyrics and even a string quartet is given a warm welcome, the backing vocals are like a pathogen, and I mean that in the best way possible, it infects your mind and you will be humming and whistling them everywhere you go.

Trying to think of a bad song and it is physically impossible for me to do so, but if I was to pick the worst song, I would say "Medicine", not a bad song at all but the only thing is; it's colleagues are better.

With a well earned 5/5 for this record my review is your excuse hit that "Add to basket" button. It goes to show, you can teach old dogs new tricks.

However if this has not sold you, pay reference to the other great reviews for this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding! You must listen to this!, 10 Mar 2014
This review is from: After the Disco (Audio CD)
There is not one song that I dont like. Brilliant album. A must have. My favourite album in a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Briliant!!!, 1 Mar 2014
This review is from: After the Disco (Audio CD)
Great CD. It takes be back to the disco era, refreshing sounds, will deffo buy further CD's when released !

4.0 out of 5 stars Good album, 23 Feb 2014
This review is from: After the Disco (Audio CD)
I bought this for my boyfriend for valentines day because he loves broken bells. And because I bought the CD, I got a free digital copy, which was cool. I've listened to it a few times, and I like it, despite the fact that it's not necessarily my kind of music. It came on time and in good condition, thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album!, 10 Feb 2014
This review is from: After the Disco (MP3 Download)
I really love it and haven't stopped playing it since I got it! There isn't a bad song on the album.

ARRAY(0x9d26aa14)