on 14 May 2001
I like Romance books but not the types where the hero and heroine are pathetic and only after a day or two they declare their love for each other. I prefer books which display the author's skill at imagination. This is the perfect example of that type of book.
I felt strongly for Joanna for having to live with a husband like Gabriel. A playboy in other words. She seems to me to be quite innocent in the ways of...well, the things her husband is most good at.
The emotions in this book are strong and demand the reader's sympathy and attention. It tells us somewhat of how the brides, on their wedding night, felt in the middle ages when they had to be wed to the person their parents chose.
I really like this book because I feel for Joanna but I also understand how Gabriel feels. He is used to experienced women and not Joanna's type. Joanna is used to sweet romances and not the hot passionate type, like Gabriel.
I recommend this book to everybody who has a soft spot for romantic books. I'd also recommend Sara Cravan books, for she has a lot of imagination to make her stories interesting.
on 19 March 2014
A lovely story but it is very dated,I would say it's early than 1998 maybe even the 80s , but still it passed the time .
on 6 October 2014
Might as well have not read this book. No escapism, did not feel as if it was worth my time reading. Boring