on 8 April 2014
Despite what the manufacturers believe, there is no actual manual issued with this phone. What they give you is a 'note' which is a miniature text summary of some of the features of the phone. I asked Alcatel whether there was an actual comprehensive manual listing all of the features and operation of the phone. They posted me a link to the short summary sheet. Further enquiries were ignored.
The phone itself if OK; the battery lasts for just over a week of moderate text use with no 'chat' calls. This period is about half that of our alternative phone so I was surprised considering that this is a much newer phone. Other than the manual the phone works generally OK. I just wish I knew what it did and how to do some of the things implied by the icons. No, several of the icons are not even mentioned in the summary sheet! I just took an 'unavailable call' - whatever that is! To be fair, Amazon offered a full refund when I contacted them about the lack of a manual but by then I had transferred the old SIM into the new phone and was well away.
Recommendation? Just before aware of the possibly limited battery life under moderate use, and the lack of a manual.
on 19 May 2014
All I wanted was a basic 'talk and text' phone with buttons a bit bigger than normal (I'm well past bus pass age). Bought two of these in different colours, one for myself and one for my wife. A bit of a problem arose when I didn't know how to access some of the features but this was quickly resolved by the seller's rapid reply to the question that I posed in the Customer Questions area for the black colour version. Now, my wife and I are both delighted with our new phones; they are so easy to use and completely meet our (admittedly fairly limited) requirements. Finally, many thanks to TTsims (seller) and to Amazon Customer Service for their helpful response to the initial problem, which was due entirely, I think, to my lack of experience with mobile phones. This one is such a pleasure to use that I may well be adding to that experience in the very near future.
on 18 April 2014
Cheap and easy little phone bought this as a temp phone. It wouldnt take my 3 mobile sim but worked with my O2.
Fast delivery and even has a blacklist where you can use it to stop unwanted numbers.
Only thing thats missing is a memory card and I cant seem to find one for it but if you want to simply call and text this great.
on 15 March 2014
I've had this a few days now and it's not a bad phone at all, nice big buttons as described, nice and light and the battery lasts ages. Ok, it's very simple and easy to use but the big drawback for me is the screen.
The big buttons help when texting or functions but when you recieve a call or try to read the screen you can't see a bloomin' thing. The screen is quite small because the buttons take up a lot of the space, so it's not the answer if your eyesight's fading.
Also rubbish in sunlight, still most are I suppose but for 14 quid delivered, there has to be limitations.
on 25 July 2014
Inexpensive, limited and unintuitive. Press centre of the main button then base of the main button to go through the menu options. Although it has an FM radio (ie. it can play music) when I selected my usual music track as the incoming Sim1 ringtone (from the top left button selecting Options) a message appeared saying <Not support> ... then I tried sending a text message to a 5 digit text number <Not sent. Stored in Outbox> ... these messages are <Not helpful> ... so alcatel should get it's act together by providing
(1) a simple way to drill down to the cause/heart of the error message - in the case of the text above it was from an Asda sim(ee) card to an Asda 5 digit competition number so I believe the issue is phone related (UPDATE, sorry Alcatel, this is an ASDA/EE issue)
(2) review its user friendliness, inferior to most (all?) of the more successful brands...
(3) accepting ever unlimitedly sized microsd cards that conform to current access methods ie if they are multi terabyte & can contain a billion tracks and/or photos then handle it.
The phone is good value for what it offers (dual sim). That's where it gets my stars and why I still have it.
The battery issues raised by others are worrying. Alcatel need to get a tighter grip on reliability. At least the name survives, for now.
on 5 February 2014
Nice phone, good size buttons for older persons (which is why I purchased it for my parents)....or a second standby phone/emergency phone/festival phone - as it was professionally unlocked by a phone shop prior to purchase.

The added bonus with the unlocked phone is that I purchased a sim from ovivo (check em online) for a ONE OFF fee of £20. (You get back £15!! in phone credit) It's the Freedom 0 package - You get 250 mins/300txt/500mb data every month for £0!!! Which is fantastic for those on a budget, 2nd phone/festival use, emergency phone for in the car, etc, etc
on 13 February 2014
I bought this phone for my mother as she needed an easy to use phone with good size number buttons. It's a simple to use phone and ideal for anyone of a 'certain' age !! I would recommend this for anybody in a similar situation but not for anybody that wants to access Facebook or the internet as it has basic functions which is exactly as stated in the description.
on 4 April 2015
Dual sim thing works well , both on the same time with no mistake and its super light you forget it while you carry it , radio is nice it can work even with out head phones , phone rings and vibrates really high you can hear it easily . But ! Phones sound quality is low when you are talking , it has cheap quality but thats what you get for this money , there is no head phones with it and it doesnt support 3,5mm so you have to buy a head phone which is working with mini usb . Beside those things , it does the job .
on 26 July 2014
really cheap quality. stopped working after few use. do not buy
on 27 September 2014
Arrived on time and well packaged.
The buttons aren't really all that large and the entire thing looks/feels cheap and nasty.
Also the display is a bit small for older folks with failing eyes.
It does what it is supposed to though and the dual sim feature is a definite bonus.
Definitely worth the asking price ..... just not wonderful.