Buying a high end monitor is one of those things that, once bought, you don't know how you managed without.

This this is awesome, in all aspects: packaging, build quality, viewing experience, design.

I didn't realise how useful it was to have an adjustable high until this monitor.

The only downside is that I prefer thing bezels and this...
Published 1 month ago by alex-r89

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst pastel pale colours, blacks are light grey
I am thoroughly surprised about the positive reviews on this monitor after buying it. The colours are incredibly washed out. I'm no pedant regarding colour reproduction, every colour is pastel pale. It's obnoxious. I've spent hours fiddling with the settings and cannot get this thing to look good no matter what I do. I've even installed custom ICC profiles in windows and...
Published 2 months ago by T Hunter

5.0 out of 5 stars You dont realise you need a high end monitor, until you have one., 13 Feb. 2015

The only downside is that I prefer thing bezels and this one isn't that thin, and also the on screen controls arnt brilliant. I personally havnt changed anything since I turned it on. but I had a look at the options and, although there are loads, it just seemed too laborious to navigate. I just set it to "FPS" mode and left it.

This monitor is quite expensive in terms of monitors as a whole but I think it justifies the price. Prior to this I had a £100 Samsung 21" monitor which (in comparison) looks far far worse in all aspects (build, display, features).

If you are a gamer this is a great choice to go for.
Just a note to those wondering: This was bought in Jan 2015 and came with V3 firmware.

5.0 out of 5 stars 1080p Monitor Quality construction good looks great picture, 7 May 2014
This review is from: BenQ XL2720Z 27-inch LED Gaming Monitor (1000:1, 300 cd/m2, 1920 x 1080, 1 ms, 12M:1, VGA/DVI-DL/HDMI x 2/DP1.2 & USB) - Black/Red (Accessory)
At just shy of four hundred pounds this monitor is pricey. Its also big and when taking it out of the box I was quite surprised at how heavy the base was. However once you put it together and I recommend looking at the full guide on the disc or online not the quick start guide for this (quick start guide was confusing), it becomes apparent that the movement range of the stand is superior because of the weighty and solid construction. The whole monitor exudes quality and feels well engineered and the cable tidy hole in the middle of the upright is a nice touch. On turning it on for the first time my eyes were blinded by a way too bright picture that didn't look to great and the colours were a bit fuzzy . The shipped default settings will leave you with a headache however persevere and head over to TFT central for tips on calibrating this beast. Once calibrated this monitors true colours shine through and the picture is superb ! The best 1080p picture I've ever seen on any TN panel ! I bought this for gaming, light browsing and a little bit of movie / photo editing. I suffer from eye strain from spending allot of hours staring at a monitor screen. Well with its S-switch, a very nifty feature, and three savable profiles it was easy to go from playing an mmo or fps at full throttle to say web browsing at the touch of a button or two ! Very slick although you do need to spend some time calibrating your preferred settings or NOT ! If you can't be bothered with all that technical stuff it has a handy software feature that allows you to download and install other pro-gamer profiles from some of the best gamers out there in the esports leagues. its all there under the hood ! I am running it at the full 144mhz with low blue light dialed in at 6 and this has eliminated my eye strain. My eyes have never been happier staring at a 1080p screen for so long.
The motion blur reduction feature has caused a little controversy again TFT central sum it up quite nicely in their review. Blur busters post a solution for those who must have the very best blur reduction for their games. V2 firmware is king so if you intend to purchase this monitor purely on the grounds of having one of the best blur reduction features out there you need to shop smart and go for an XL2720z with v2 firmware or be prepared to follow blur busters upgrade guide if you have v1 firmware.

If your a gamer like me who wants a good picture quality and suffers a little from eye strain this is the monitor for you !

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, wish i purchased sooner, 29 Mar. 2014
Overall this monitor exceeded most of my expectations as i was a non believer that 120hz made any difference to gameplay. This monitor has made playing games far more enjoyable as i can play more hours on end without being tired. Not having Motion Blur has made this monitor amazing to play on, much much better than my old one. So are there any bad points, well there are but they have no impact on the game as for me the colours really were lacking, however if you have a Nvidia card you can turn vibrancy all the way up to 100% and immediately there is a huge difference. Also you will need to tweak the settings as they do make for better colours. I would have liked for a much better yellow, however i cant complain as this has been a excellent upgrade. If however you were looking for a gaming monitor but you wanted editing, or to view movies i might suggest you have a second mmonitor for that as the quality of videos is good but there is a noticeable difference after a few minutes but this was purely for gaming so i am happy with my purchase, and hopefully it will last me a few years like my old one :) (no hickups so far)

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money by a long shot!, 18 Mar. 2015
At first I was a bit skeptical about the price but my god it had been the best investment for gaming I have ever made.

The blur reduction is a must for 144mhz monitors no matter how fast you move your screen in game you can see no blur, picture perfect!

I am completely bad at FPS games but my accuracy and awareness was improved greatly

I play League of legends allot, you tend to move your screen to move your character while your moving its very blurry but with blur reduction feature on this monitor in league you can see images as clear while moving as if it was static.

picture quality on this monitor is brilliant you are not going to get a better gaming monitor that looks great!

I got greedy and bought a 27inch I recommend 24inch, I sit 30 inches away from my monitor and if looked closely you can see the pixelation compared to my second monitor (21inch)

Worth every penny I spent!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic bit of kit, 9 Mar. 2015
Loving the monitor - primarily used for CS:GO however just using the desktop is extremely more satisfying. It's one of those things you don't really notice when moving up in refresh rate, however when you move back down to 60Hz, you finally notice how choppy it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good monitor, 16 July 2014
Setting up the monitor is really good. It can be adjusted so it is pointing up, down or straight or portrait so you can pretty much set it up however you want. Out of the box you are going to want to go into the settings and find the right one for you. It looked horrible to me at first, so I went in, changed the display mode to sRGB and turned the brightness up and it looked much better.

One thing I don't like is the way half the settings are inaccessible depending on the display mode. For example, I want to make use of the black equalizer but to do that I have to switch to another (worse) picture mode.

Speaking of the black equalizer, it's quite a useful tool, but only because the monitor creates the problem in the first place. My old monitor's blacks were not very black, but as a result I could see things in the black areas. This monitor's blacks are much more blacker, so they give you the option of making blacks worse so you can see things in them. To decide whether this feature is worth consideration you just have to decide: Picture quality or competitive advantage?

Another good thing is that you can set certain quick access settings so you don't have to go through the full menu system to get to it; very useful for me as I change the brightness a lot due to using it in direct sunlight sometimes and darkness sometimes.

This brings me onto the brightness. It's really good. Not quite as bright as my laptop screen, but that's because my laptop is crazy bright. This screen is also really bright and can be used in direct sunlight partly due to the brightness and partly due to the matte finish. When it's dark you can turn it right down quickly and easily.

Picture quality is really good. I've never used an IPS display, so I can't comment on how good it is in comparison to those, but I can say the blacks, contrast and general quality is a large improvement over my 2009 Samsung monitor which was more washed out, dimmer and less vibrant than this. I would expect IPS displays are better for this, however you then lose the 144Hz which is this monitor's biggest selling point.

The refresh rate, I love it. Ever since I realised my laptop had a 120Hz screen I could no longer accept 60Hz on my desktop, so I had to get this monitor. Everything just looks smoother and it's especially noticeable in fast moving moments of a game, for example a replay of your car flashing past or spinning around to shoot someone behind. It also reduces the amount of input lag which is especially noticeable on the racing sims I play.

Yes I would recommend this monitor, it's really good, but I'm in two minds as to whether I should have waited a bit longer to see if a 120Hz IPS monitor or a 120Hz 4K (can my computer even do that?) monitor was to come available, but hey, the longer it is until one comes out the better a decision it was to just get this monitor now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Colours were better than I expected after reading other reviews, 9 Mar. 2015
Colours were better than I expected after reading other reviews, but you do need to tinker with the settings. The 144hz refresh rate is fantastic for gaming, but you will need a decent GPU in order to reach that frame-rate in some games.

The monitor has a nice matte bezel, which isn't too thick, but could be thinner in my opinion.

When using it for the first time, always use either displayport or dual-link DVI cables, HDMI does not support 144hz in its current revision. You will also need to set the refresh rate to 144hz from within Windows.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothin short of fantastic. Delivery was next day even though I ordered ..., 16 Sept. 2014
So I've had this a week.

Nothin short of fantastic.

Delivery was next day even though I ordered at 15:30 so don't be fooled by the dispatch and delivery times.

Colors and quality is amazing. Please note that when wanting to use the 144hz refresh rate that you need to use the DVI cable supplied as HDMI only supports 60hz. I didn't realise this and started to worry.

Worth every penny. Can't recommend it enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars is not enough for this piece of amazing technology. The flicker free screen, 16 Nov. 2014
Goodness, where do i start when it comes to reviewing the BenQ monitor. Well, for starters, 5 stars is not enough for this piece of amazing technology. The flicker free screen, hugs and kisses to it!! No eye strain at all, even after hours of playing, infact, my butt goes numb from sitting so long in the chair before my eyes even feel tired!! And don't even get me started on streaming netflix on this, damn better than my 40" uber TV (i kid you not). My mates thought i was crazy for paying so much for a monitor but i think the critics have been silenced, maybe even a bit envious!
And did i mention the the extras?? No?? Like the adjustment twiddly thingy that i haven't worked out how to preset it yet, but it does work and also the frame rate and settings for games etc etc
Seriously, if you want to invest in a monitor that is the best thing since sliced bread then you would do well to get a BenQ. Unbelievable and brilliant, nuff said.

5.0 out of 5 stars First person shooters, 9 May 2014
Summary

Excellent Delivery

Easy installation

Exceptional performance for first person shooters

I am 33 and have been pc gaming for since 1999, have always had high end gaming rigs and peripherals and very rarely leave reviews. To my embarrassment though I did not realise the impact that a high quality monitor would have on my experience. Have no illusions this monitor has not been designed for anything other than gaming and this review is for the gamers who are wondering if they should upgrade low refresh rate monitor to this one.

In my opinion if you are running a low refresh rate LCD like I was, you are at a serious disadvantage. There are many reasons why I like this monitor but the one element that stands out is the lack of input lag compared to my old 75hz monitor. I was sceptical about the term "input lag" but can safely say that It is not a gimmick and makes a huge difference.

I also took note of firmware issues before buying and can safely say that I had none what so ever.

Would I recommend this product - without a shadow of a doubt.