5.0 out of 5 stars Clean and sharp
Best shave I have ever had, really close and did it in the shower without gels or oils. Happy days.
Published 16 months ago by rjl999

I bought this as King of Shaves have stopped making Azor blades. These are flipping expensive, the cost of not needing gel will not offset the expense of replacement blades. The razor came with 1 blade and I bought a pack of three more (£8 plus £10 - ouch!).

Published 5 months ago by A Sussex Photographer

2.0 out of 5 stars Great when they work well, but I am not sure about consistency, 17 Jan. 2015
This review is from: King of Shaves Hyperglide 5+1 Blade System Razor (includes 1 Handle, 1 Water Activated Cartridge, 1 Handle Holder and 1 Wall Sucker) (Personal Care)

So the first blade was sublime. An easy smooth shave and I could not believe how smooth it was. Wetting the razor was enough to lubricate my face well and I think I got about 10-12 shaves out of it in a 2.5 week period.

Blade two was good for 2 shaves and then hurt and tugged at the hair rather than cutting. I thought it might have been damaged (but it had the protector on it), it was slightly better if I used shaving gel, but I had to throw it out half way through shave 4 as I did not have any local anaesthetist to numb the pain.

Blade 3 hurt and pulled right from the start, so I gave up half way through shave 1.

Blade 4 is still sitting in the cupboard. I might pull it out to have a go. It is a shame, if it had been a good consistent shave I would have shelled out the money, as I have been a very loyal King of Shaves customer since they introduced the Azor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clean and sharp, 11 Feb. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Why didn't I try this sooner!?, 27 Feb. 2014
Simply absolutely brilliant. So much closer, smoother and easier than Gillette- which is the brand I've used for the last 15 years. Piece of advice though, buy the oil too!

1.0 out of 5 stars Nothing compared to the Azor, avoid!, 19 Dec. 2014
Horrendous, I've used the Azor razor for over 3 years and thought I'd give these a go. Nothing better than a Bic razor, horrendous razor burn, cuts all over my chin and jaw and if you have anything over two days growth get ready for some serious pain. AVOID!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great with no cream or soap, 31 July 2014
K. Keehn (Rancho Santa Margarita, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Ok, I gave in. I've been a wet shaver for about 4 years. Safety razor, badger brush, shave soap. This razor blew my mind. Incredibly close shave with no irritation, blood, etc. Works great with no cream or soap. I just wash face well in the shower and shave in the sink. For me it will come down to how many shaves I can get out of each cartridge. This is a game changer. It takes me no time to get a very close, comfortable, and good looking shave.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shave, British and ethical - a winner!, 11 Sept. 2014
L. Clark (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This worked brilliantly for me. I must admit that the first time I used it I was a little disappointed as it left a few patches of stubble, but I persevered and realised that my rather haphazard approach to shaving was to blame. I then tried to be a little slower and more methodical, and it worked brilliantly. This is the first razor I've ever had that hasn't left me with either razor burn or the odd cut. If you're having problems like some reviewers on here, just stick with it and give it a chance. I used both oil and gel immediately after a warm shower, so it's hard to narrow down exactly why I'm getting along with this better than I ever have with Gillette.

Can't yet comment on the longevity of the blades as I'm still on the first set. However, this product gets the job done, is British, and seems to be from a company that has a better ethical record than the vast majority in the cosmetics industry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best wet shave I have had, 1 Feb. 2015
G. Burrows - See all my reviews
I'm terrible for always buying new shavers. They always promise the same thing. A closer shave that doesn't irritate. But all they seem to do is put on more blades.

With this shaver all you need is water. I was a bit dubious at first but it really does glide over your face. I use it with shaving oil and it gives an even better shave and it ensures the blades last longer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hyperglide razor system, 9 Mar. 2015
TonyD "biotone" (Up North) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Unusual design compared to some razor systems, with the blade set being held on a 'wishbone' type handle rather than a straight one. The blades clip onto the top of the frame and are held quite securely, though there is some flex with the natural 'give' of the plastic frame. You're supposed to immerse the blades in water pre-shave in order to fully activate the lubricating strip, but I found this a smooth enough shave without needing to do that. Because of the angle of the blade set, (slightly away from your face rather than towards it like a Gillette razor) your hand positioning feels odd at first, but soon becomes natural.
Handy clip holder too that protects the blade edges, so at the moment this is my 'backup' razor when I stay away with work, and may well become my 'main' razor when I run out of Fusion cartridges, as it is better value for money

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor, 16 Jan. 2015
Not a good buy - tried to persevere with it for 10 days and the blade felt very blunt from shave number two. Didn't get one decent shave out of it. Bought a Gillette Fusion ProGlide Power Razor with 11 Blades from Amazon for £25. Much better deal than the King of Shaves Hyperglide and, as I've used Fusion for a number of years, I know it will do the job :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shave, classy razor, 4 July 2014
A great shave. I have always been a Gillette man but saw the review and advert in Wired Magazine and gave it a try. Not disappointed in any way.