5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive!
Been using Gillette for years, thought it could never be beaten, until Hyperglide.
No need for lathering up, just use ordinary soap if you want, it's so quick easy to use,
and I wasn't disappointed with the results.
Published 13 months ago by dennis myers

I bought this as King of Shaves have stopped making Azor blades. These are flipping expensive, the cost of not needing gel will not offset the expense of replacement blades. The razor came with 1 blade and I bought a pack of three more (£8 plus £10 - ouch!).

Published 1 month ago by A Sussex Photographer

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive!, 8 Feb. 2014
This review is from: King of Shaves Hyperglide 5+1 Blade System Razor (includes 1 Handle, 1 Water Activated Cartridge, 1 Handle Holder and 1 Wall Sucker) (Personal Care)
and I wasn't disappointed with the results.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clean and sharp, 11 Feb. 2014
Best shave I have ever had, really close and did it in the shower without gels or oils. Happy days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why didn't I try this sooner!?, 27 Feb. 2014
Simply absolutely brilliant. So much closer, smoother and easier than Gillette- which is the brand I've used for the last 15 years. Piece of advice though, buy the oil too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great with no cream or soap, 31 July 2014
K. Keehn (Rancho Santa Margarita, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Ok, I gave in. I've been a wet shaver for about 4 years. Safety razor, badger brush, shave soap. This razor blew my mind. Incredibly close shave with no irritation, blood, etc. Works great with no cream or soap. I just wash face well in the shower and shave in the sink. For me it will come down to how many shaves I can get out of each cartridge. This is a game changer. It takes me no time to get a very close, comfortable, and good looking shave.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shave, British and ethical - a winner!, 11 Sept. 2014
L. Clark (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This worked brilliantly for me. I must admit that the first time I used it I was a little disappointed as it left a few patches of stubble, but I persevered and realised that my rather haphazard approach to shaving was to blame. I then tried to be a little slower and more methodical, and it worked brilliantly. This is the first razor I've ever had that hasn't left me with either razor burn or the odd cut. If you're having problems like some reviewers on here, just stick with it and give it a chance. I used both oil and gel immediately after a warm shower, so it's hard to narrow down exactly why I'm getting along with this better than I ever have with Gillette.

Can't yet comment on the longevity of the blades as I'm still on the first set. However, this product gets the job done, is British, and seems to be from a company that has a better ethical record than the vast majority in the cosmetics industry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shave, classy razor, 4 July 2014
A great shave. I have always been a Gillette man but saw the review and advert in Wired Magazine and gave it a try. Not disappointed in any way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius!!!, 7 Mar. 2014
I love this.....such good value and does what it says on the box. This has changed my mornings and gives a great shave. Well done Will King (of shaves).

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 6 Mar. 2014
Two weeks of use and this razor is fantastic. My razor burn from a "leading brand" razor has dissappeared. Works well with shaving oil or gel. Nice quality razor and great blades.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great when they work well, but I am not sure about consistency, 17 Jan. 2015

So the first blade was sublime. An easy smooth shave and I could not believe how smooth it was. Wetting the razor was enough to lubricate my face well and I think I got about 10-12 shaves out of it in a 2.5 week period.

Blade two was good for 2 shaves and then hurt and tugged at the hair rather than cutting. I thought it might have been damaged (but it had the protector on it), it was slightly better if I used shaving gel, but I had to throw it out half way through shave 4 as I did not have any local anaesthetist to numb the pain.

Blade 3 hurt and pulled right from the start, so I gave up half way through shave 1.

Blade 4 is still sitting in the cupboard. I might pull it out to have a go. It is a shame, if it had been a good consistent shave I would have shelled out the money, as I have been a very loyal King of Shaves customer since they introduced the Azor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best wet shave I have had, 1 Feb. 2015
G. Burrows - See all my reviews
I'm terrible for always buying new shavers. They always promise the same thing. A closer shave that doesn't irritate. But all they seem to do is put on more blades.

With this shaver all you need is water. I was a bit dubious at first but it really does glide over your face. I use it with shaving oil and it gives an even better shave and it ensures the blades last longer.