5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of Valuable information
Published 3 months ago by Tebutebu

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth a read!
This book does contain some useful information and is is well written. it needs more contents. And the exercises could be more detailed. Worth a read for any runner
Published 1 month ago by Liam Scanlon

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of Valuable information, 18 Oct. 2014
This review is from: How You Can Run Faster Effortlessly (Kindle Edition)
The fact that this book was written by an accomplished running coach made it catch my attention. I have been on the lookout for a book that would help improve my daughters' speed. I have read a few books about running in my attempt to help her, but many of the books have been filled with a lot of fluff and very little substance. I wanted something that would give me tangible advice that was actually actionable. This book was just right for me; it provides answers to questions about how to run faster and effortlessly. It also offers useful insight into the techniques and principles of running. I like the fact that this book starts by looking at the posture of the runner and how to develop correct form in the torso area. The author states quite rightly, that what separates the guys who run with effortless speed from those who struggle at running faster and improving their endurance is having excellent form.
My favourite chapter was the one about endurance, it was the one that my daughter also found very useful. Learning about breathing techniques like bridge breathing drill, breathing awareness drill etc and the effect and the effect proper breathing has on speed, was very helpful.
There is a lot of valuable information that this book offers and I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars great technique improver, 24 Jan. 2014
This review is from: How You Can Run Faster Effortlessly (Kindle Edition)
I'm really keen on my sport and fitness and I thought this book was great. I particularly valued how Adam highlights all the common mistakes that runners make, like heel strikes, too much arm movement, stride length, and provides the corrections needed. Well worth a read if you want to improve your running and reduce the risk of injury (without all the fluff and padding of other books)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 21 Oct. 2014
This review is from: How You Can Run Faster Effortlessly (Kindle Edition)
An extraordinary book, it really is a very comprehensive and technical look at the art of running. As a runner who has suffered several injuries, it has been an interesting read and I’m looking to implement several of the recommendations to improve my basic running movement and hopefully then go on and improve my speed and action further. It’s great to see someone with insight and knowledge who has undertaken some years to study the running form. The book is written well and has some great illustrations to enforce the way of thinking and running. Great Stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it, 20 May 2014
This review is from: How You Can Run Faster Effortlessly (Kindle Edition)
Very good tips and useful guides, will not disappoint!
Illustrations and step by step instructions included for improving your running form which = speed or efficiency...which ever it is your trying to achieve.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great info, 4 Dec. 2014
This review is from: How You Can Run Faster Effortlessly (Kindle Edition)
Really great info, could be a little longer
To put it briefly, this book has completely positively changed my perspective (and technique) when it comes to running in more ways than one.

Although I was actually recommended this book by a very experienced athletic friend of mine along with 2 other similar reads, I can definitely say that this is the best one by a long shot. Admittedly, I haven't had the chance to try what I've learned as much as I'd like since I first picked up the book, but I have noticed a significant difference already, especially when it comes to being able to run further than before and I'm really looking forward to seeing more results as I continue with it. One particular part of the book that really stood out to me was the technique tip on how to increase stride length; the advice, stretches, and the pictures are all laid out in a really easy to understand and practical way.

In summary, 'How You Can Run Faster Effortlessly' is an overall well-rounded and great book, definitely worth the read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 Oct. 2014
This review is from: How You Can Run Faster Effortlessly (Kindle Edition)
This book has lots of detailed pictures and illustrations that helped me run more efficiently. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent guide, full of useful techniques, 17 Oct. 2014
This review is from: How You Can Run Faster Effortlessly (Kindle Edition)
If you want to run properly, I highly recommend this book. I'm not an expert on Kinesiology and I was originally taught how to run by my high school basketball coach. So when I decided to run a marathon a few months ago, I decided to learn how to do it right. This book offers a lot of techniques that were very helpful for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect guidance to improve your running effort, 19 Oct. 2014
This review is from: How You Can Run Faster Effortlessly (Kindle Edition)
What I like most about David's approach is that it simplifies the running techniques. Really excellent guidance and proper technique to make yourself effective. If you're a novice, who's looking to start running a lot faster or to get in shape, get this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Improve and learn how to run effortlessly, 19 Oct. 2014
This review is from: How You Can Run Faster Effortlessly (Kindle Edition)
Running faster can be difficult, tiring and sometimes it doesn't necessarily mean going faster either. That's because you need to first optimise your running performance, and it all begins with using the right techniques, the correct posture and form, increasing stride length amongst other things of which this book covers in great depth, to which will aid you run effortlessly and improve your endurance.

Personally though, what really amazed me was that I never realised that running could be so important despite I participate in a lot of weekend sport activities such as football, badminton and on the odd occasion basketball too. Overall, you'll be surprised by this book and you won't looking a running the same way again.

5.0 out of 5 stars How you can run faster effortlessly, 7 Dec. 2014
This review is from: How You Can Run Faster Effortlessly (Kindle Edition)
This is a great book on how to improve your running technique; it's full of tips to make your running more efficient and feel easier. Everything is backed up with helpful diagrams and pictures to illustrate WHY it's better to raise your knees or run on the right part of your foot. I really liked the sections that have stretches and exercises to do that help you with specific running problems, they are well described and pictured too.

Even if you don't run yourself, I think this would make a great gift for the budding runner in your life, it really inspired me to want to read more on the technical aspects of the sport.

How You Can Run Faster Effortlessly