Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 27 February 2014
I have read all previous issues of Arc, and liked them all enough to buy the next ones. As a regular reader of New Scientist, it is nice to see associated names writing interesting and sometimes challenging articles. The short stories presented in each issue are generally good, but the articles sometimes did not go deep enough in their analyses. Some of them felt like a nice, cosy chat at the pub, but did not follow the reasoning completely, or did not give enough information. Some of them left me waiting for more (meaning the subjects were interesting, just that there was so much more to say). Arc 2.1 follows this trend with good short stories, of different styles, but some of the other articles were left wanting. More depth, please! I am less sure now that I want to read Arc 2.2.
on 28 January 2014
This is the first Arc book that I've brought, and won't be the last. As with books/magazines with numerous short stories written by different authors, some shine more than others (Vapours by Jeff Noon is brilliant) overall, all of them draw you in and make you want to keep reading. Well worth the money.
on 25 February 2014
Of essays and short stories. Something for everyone who imagines and wants to know what if ? a real treat
on 17 February 2014
I liked the variety of the content but I don't think I'll buy it, I've already too much to read!
on 18 July 2014