on 4 March 2014
This time it is Sophie's turn to have a brush with romance. When she is left a trail of clues to lead her to a secret admirer she has high hopes that it may be her crush...could he possibly be trying to woo her? Or are some of our dreams never destined to come true?

Verbier never fails to excite and delight, a perfect escapist setting full of romance for anyone who needs their heart warming up. I never really wanted to go skiing before, but after reading these books I am itching to go!

Lorraine Wilson creates fabulous, believable characters, and I feel this is one of her major strengths as a writer. I could empathise with Sophie, especially some of her self doubt and lack of confidence, and I'm sure many other readers will be able to see some of themselves in her.

Secret Crush of a Chalet Girl is humorous, romantic, touching and heartfelt, and in true Lorraine Wilson style manages to touch on some difficult issues which adds an edgy, darker feel to her romances. However, if you are looking for the traditional hearts, flowers and steamy scenes you won't be disappointed- there is plenty of that too! The setting is glorious, the dates glamorous- all in all it is an opportunity to see how the other half live!

I feel this is Lorraine Wilson's best novella yet, it has pretty much everything I look for in a book!
on 5 March 2014
Just finished 'Secret Crush of a Chalet Girl' it's the best so far, sweet, heartwarming and action packed! Loved the idea of speed ski dating beats normal speed dating hands down. As for the treasure hunt well what can I say, what girl doesn't like intrigue and surprises?! Love the fact that Lorraine Wilson isn't afraid to tackle issues relating to sex and relationships it makes her books more believible and I'm sure there's lots of readers who can identify with Sophies' problems
Another great novella by Lorraine Wilson, keep up the good work, can wait for the next one!!
I'm a big fan of Lorraine Wilson's sweet and saucy chalet girl series and this latest offering SECRET CRUSH OF A CHALET GIRL did not disappoint.

Kind and vulnerable Sophie is dreading Valentine's Day. Memories of a disastrous hook-up in the past that ended with her self-esteem crushed and keeping a devastating secret has left her feeling that happiness will always be out of reach. When Sophie discovers a secret admirer has set up her very own Valentines treasure hunt, a spark of hope ignites in her heart especially when she realises it could be the gorgeous and seductive barman Luc behind it. Will Sophie find love at the end of the trail or heartbreak?

Like all of Wilson's novellas, she manages to create a heart-warming and steamy story of romance tinged with darkness that gives it an emotional edge. Sophie's secret paralyses her from truly taking the steps necessary to secure her own happiness and it is both heartbreaking and intriguing to watch her work through her trust issues as she embraces her mini adventure and follows the clues towards her admirer. I connected with Sophie the most out of all the heroines in this series and rooted for her to take the leap into the unknown rather than sit in the corner reading another romance novel (hmm why does that sound familiar? Can I please order a social life too?)

Filled with humour, heart and some welcome familiar faces, SECRET CRUSH OF A CHALET GIRL is touching, stirring with the right mix of romance, steamy scenes and plenty of feeling.
on 11 May 2014
We are back at Chalet Repos in the snowy gorgeousness of the Swiss Alps with Scott and the Chalet Girls. This time we're with veteran Chalet Girl shy, insecure, book geek Sophie who's looking for Mr Right and not Mr Right now, and with another single Valentines day looming we see her joining her friends on a Valentines special ski date.

When Lorraine got in touch with me to see if I would read and review book four in her Chalet Girls series for her I was more than happy too. I have enjoyed the series so far and wanted to see what could possibly happen next and more so who it would be with.

After only a few pages and already enjoying the pace of the book, I was quite excited at the upcoming ski dating, and was hoping that Sophie would find someone lovely, but when I actually got to it I was hit with disappointment. It is a romantic and sexy plot, but is spoiled drastically by giveaways and the constant woe me attitude of heroine Sophie. Don't get me wrong, I understand why she had that attitude, I just thought it was a bit too much to work with at times. The book did improve drastically you will be happy to know and I fell in love with Luc the manager of local bar. I loved the twists and turns in the plot and a few unexpected surprises ramped it up allowing me to relax and enjoy the read.

4/5
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 19 April 2015
Sophie, who has been a perennial chalet girl and background character in the previous books, finally gets her turn as a main character, Within 3 pages of this book, I knew I would love Sophie even more than all the other chalet girls, and I could identify with her a lot.

Sophie, suffers from a lack of confidence with men, after an incident 2 years ago, that keeps playing on her mind. She and the other chalet girls, take part in the Valentines Day ritual of speed ski dating.

I loved the idea of speed ski dating, and it was great to see some action on the ski slopes in this book as well as the apres ski scene! During the first run of the speed dating, Sophie is approached by a man who hands her a heart, which has the clue which will be the start of a treasure hunt.

The treasure hunt, and the man at the end of it are incredibly romantic, and I must say I was jealous of Sophie for having such a wonderful Valentines day surprise.

I love the way in all these books you get to see what is running through both romantic leads heads, just by the use of italicised sentences. Gives you a real insight into a variety of insecurities.

This was my absolute favourite of the chalet girls books. It is such a romantic story, and clearly very tenderly written.
on 22 April 2015
This is the 4th book in Lorraine Wilson’s Chalet Girl series. There are 6 novellas in the series now and although you don’t strictly speaking have to read them in order, each novella features a different main character while the story of the previous main characters progresses.

This story is all about Sophie, a character who has appeared in the earlier novellas. Sophie is an easily relatable character. She struggles with body confidence which is something so many girls struggle with so there is a real sense of realism about her character.

She also struggles with some other issues in her life, one in particular which has had much more of an impact on her than others. When this is revealed to the readers it is shocking and sad to read about but you can see a real strength coming out in Sophie. She eventually learns to translate this strength into confidence in herself.

This novella is the least light hearted I would say but it’s so sweet and that makes it equally enjoyable. Sophie’s romantic hero is kept secret in the beginning as she goes off on a Valentine’s hunt and I really loved the build-up to Sophie finding out who her admirer was, although I kind of already suspected!
on 6 February 2015
I love the Chalet Girls books and have read and enjoyed them all but this is by far my favourite, Sophie is a wonderful character who I feel most girls can relate to, her back story is heart breaking and left me in tears. If you haven't read the Chalet Girl series before I would highly recommend this one to start you off, you won't be able to put it down.
on 12 March 2014
WOW is all I can say ! love these books. The stories are just so easy to read and keep you wanting to read ! This book was slightly different to the others and I really enjoyed it. What girl wouldn't want to have someone set up a treasure hunt just for her. Keep up the great writing Lorraine Wilson can't wait for the next one x
on 5 June 2014
This is such a lovely, warm-heartening story and I just adored it.

Lorraine Wilson takes Sophie, the book’s downtrodden main character, and gives her the star treatment, with lashings of passion on the side. Sophie’s low self-esteem and previous experiences made my heart ache and I’d say she was the Chalet Girls most vulnerable character. The author doesn’t hold back on what Sophie’s been through and there’s some frank admissions along the way but they just serve to make Luc’s attentions all the more sweeter.

Lorraine shows readers that dreams straight out of a romance novel can come true, so follow Sophie’s lead by ignoring the haters and staying true to yourself.

review by Charlotte Foreman on behalf of BestChickLit.com
on 9 April 2014
Another great short story from Lorraine Wilson continuing the adventures of the chalet girls - looking forward to the next instalment.