5.0 out of 5 stars Eee ahhhh ooooh

3.0 out of 5 stars Good story
Published 9 months ago by Ekprima

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Eee ahhhh ooooh, 21 Jan 2014
This review is from: Burn: Shapeshifter Romance (Dragon Souls Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
I've been one of the many obsessively checking websites and blogs to glean hints about when Burn would come out. Even when it was announced it would be soon I never really believed it (sorry Miss Fletcher!), so imagine my surprise when I toodled along to her website on Sunday to find it had been released! Yesssss! I've spent two evenings curled up on my couch after work devouring every word written.

Burn is unsurprisingly darker than Smolder, but this had to happen. With Marina participating in Aver it was obvious. And still, I loved every minute of it. I love a book that resonates so much it can bring tears to your eyes and there were parts that had me crying like a 5 year old. I hope there will be a third installment. I don't like spoilers in reviews so I won't say too much. JUST READ IT!

I would also extend this to say if you haven't, read all of Penelope Fletchers works. She is truly an incredible writer who envelopes you into her stories like a big group hug!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good story, 24 Mar 2014
The storyline is good but what I did not like was the writing style. The story jumped a bit. I mean you are reading a scene and you find yourself in another scene. I think it was written like a movie or so where you actually see the action of the characters. The author wrote like I could see the subtle action of the characters. Well, I am reading a book and I want to know what is really happening. Not left to imagine it. I kept turning back pages thinking I had missed a line or so. Also, I did not feel any real connection between the main characters. It was very minimal although there was the usual talk of so much love. I found the heroine to be rather spoilt. I mean, one minute she is all grown up and the next she is a real brat. And finally, it was too political. A lot of the debate did not make sense to me. Don't get me wrong. It is a good story but I've read lots of fiction books to expect more from authors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!!, 27 Jan 2014
This book delivered a fast flowing story which I found 'dare I say' better than Smolder which I thought was hard to do because that... Rocked! . Loved the ending and I think we can say good chances (hopes) of a third instalment . Overall this book was awesome and any fans of Penelope won't be disappointed 👍👍👍👍👍.

4.0 out of 5 stars Aa good ending, 23 Nov 2014
Even though there were some awful grammatical errors the main bulk of this story was really good.

Marina is still a feisty character who is going after what she wants and trains hard in order that she can get through the tasks asked of her.

There are a few stumbling blocks along the way and it doesn't take long before I start not liking Daniil after he was so nice in the first book.

This book although it has a cliff hangar ending does not end any where as abruptly as the first book, but I am annoyed at how long Marina has obviously waited to do something.

As this book took SOOOO long to come out after the first, I have no hope of the author producing book three within the next year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 26 July 2014
I like reading shape shifter/vampire fantasy stories, but this is the first dragon shifter book I've read.
I was totally taken by these books, they draw you in from page one, so much so I brought this second book before I was half way through the first, and I don't often do that with sequels.
You are drawn to the characters of Marina, Koen and Daniil throughout the story.
There were some editing errors on the kindle version but other than that, this book is great, well done Penelope.

5.0 out of 5 stars really good, 5 Jun 2014
found this book really interesting a very great read, wish it didn't end, struggled to put it down, highly recomended

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent second book, 23 May 2014
Could not put this book down, had to finish can,t wait for the next instalment. Did not give 5 stars as it jumped around and I kept wondering how Cathryn came to the realm, however so good another new author to enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brund shapeshifter Romance loved it, 18 May 2014
This is the 2nd book about Marina and Koen and I really loved it and couldn't put it down until it was finished. I felt it was a bit rushed at the end but would highly recommend this book about dragons and their mates. There are some grammar and editing errors in this book, but at the price cant complain. Just hope we don't have to wait three years for the third book. brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 May 2014
Excellent, couldn' put down, great characters, enjoyable to read, can't wait for the next book to see what happens next.

2.0 out of 5 stars not as good as first book, 12 May 2014
I enjoyed the first book although poor spelling was really annoying and disrupted the flow of reading. This book was poor in comparison, the main character was whiney and selfish, spelling totally awful and if this book had been proof read I'll eat my own hat as some sentences didn't even make sense and the auhtor was just rambeling so much in places I skipped entire pages. I have not completed reading this book (only got half way through) and I'm gutted I wasted money on this book. I could not conect with any of the characters and just felt overall this book was rushed. Dissappointing not to say the least :(

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›