5.0 out of 5 stars amazingly simple tranformation
Published 7 months ago by Su

3.0 out of 5 stars Wheels came off...
Published 3 months ago by RB

5.0 out of 5 stars amazingly simple tranformation, 1 Sept. 2014
Su (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Transformers Age of Extinction Mega 1-Step Bumblebee Figure (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I will admit that I am a sucker for Transformers – I wasn’t born when they first came out and by the time I was old enough my father made it clear that he didn’t approve of these “creatures” that could change into other things – they had to be some kind of “witchcraft”. The thing is he wasn’t a religious man but anything that he could cast into a garden bonfire while ranting about the evils of witchcraft would be removed from the house and incinerated. To be quite honest he never really approved of anything.

This is an enormous autobot “Bumble Bee” Transformer. Bee stands at (approximately) 26.5 cm from toes to top of head and about 25 cm long as the car. As the Transformer he can fire discs from his hand to ward off any Deceptacons.

The yellow Bee Camaro sports car is stunning - a true master piece of the Transformer art.

Bee is easy to manipulate from Transformer to Camaro and back – some of the past releases from Hasbro have taken hours for us adults to change the Transformer to vehicle and/or back. Especially bad were the figures which you built and then tried to transform – Soundwave stands out as one of the worst but the whole series were bad.

This Transformer is simple to change.

Put the arms in the “muscle man” pose (as it comes in the box) and holding the torso (for stability) move the leg (his right according to the instructions thought to be honest I can’t see a problem is you want to move his left leg instead) round over the body to the leg on the other side and click into place. The last bit may require some adult help as the final clicks require quite a bit of pressure.

I am really impressed by this Transformer it is one of the best we own.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wheels came off..., 27 Dec. 2014
Gave to my son for Christmas, he loved it and it is easy to transform but like another reviewer has mentioned, one of the wheels came off within 10 minutes of him playing with it and I can't get it to stay back on which is very disappointing. I fear it won't be long before the others come off too which isn't good enough considering the price of this product. And yes rather than being yellow like Bumble Bee should be, he is distinctly orange!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great toy., 27 Oct. 2014
Great toy kids love it. Only downside it's a bit fiddly to put back into the car. Would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, 1 Sept. 2014
Amazon Customer (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We've bought a few transformer toys for my son and they've always been far too complicated for him (and us!) to transform. This one is very cleverly put together and transforms in one simple move. It needs some strong fingers to lock it into the car position, but otherwise can easily be manipulated by a child.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and solid!!, 11 April 2015
My 7 and 4 year old sons only had to be shown how to transform this once and haven't stopped having loads of fun with it since. It's remarkably well made and robust. It's been dropped from table to tiled floor and survived. Plus being pulled and clicked as it transforms- a less well made product would be in pieces.
Glad I bought 2 (1 for each child to avoid the inevitable fighting that would ensue). Would definitely recommend

3.0 out of 5 stars Tricky to transform but my son really likes it, 26 Jan. 2015
I read some not very positive reviews before I bought this for my 4 year-old, but as that's what he wanted I still got it. I have to say that even I struggled to get it to "transform" back into a car to begin with as you have to set the arms in a specific way for it work (which the instructions don't really explain!). For a 4 year-old it was frustrating to begin with but now that he has the hang of it he's enjoying it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to transform and, so far, is standing up to a lot of playing, 4 Jan. 2015
Good transformer, I was absolutely rubbish with these as a kid, I could never transform them and would always give up. Up until now, as a parent, I haven't really fared much better, however, these 1-Step ones are fab and, as such, I think are better for younger kids and parents who end up having to transform them for the kids and who typically take an embarrassingly long time to do so.

4.0 out of 5 stars It is nice and chunky and colour so good for little hands ..., 15 Sept. 2014
Kirsty at the Overflowing Library (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This toy has proved at hit at home. It is nice and chunky and colour so good for little hands and it is very easy to transform.

Perfect for a young transformers fan.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, 7 Jan. 2015
Very cheap looking plastic for the price. Its also really hard to transform from robot to car and vise versa you have to line up all the arms and legs perfectly. I bought it because on the tv advert it looked really easy for small children to convert, my 5 year old struggles and we have to do it. Its certainly not 'one step' like on the advert

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic gift, 10 Mar. 2015
My son absolutely loves this and he it is so easy to change from robot to car. I have transformers in the past where they are virtually impossible to change but this product is so simple and has given my son hours of fun :) would recommend to anyone who has a little boy