5.0 out of 5 stars amazingly simple tranformation
Published 17 days ago by Su

This is a great toy and my little boy loves it however the wheels keep coming off and now one is lost.
Published 1 month ago by kerry Mateer

5.0 out of 5 stars amazingly simple tranformation, 1 Sep 2014
Su (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Transformers Age of Extinction Mega 1-Step Bumblebee Figure (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I will admit that I am a sucker for Transformers – I wasn’t born when they first came out and by the time I was old enough my father made it clear that he didn’t approve of these “creatures” that could change into other things – they had to be some kind of “witchcraft”. The thing is he wasn’t a religious man but anything that he could cast into a garden bonfire while ranting about the evils of witchcraft would be removed from the house and incinerated. To be quite honest he never really approved of anything.

This is an enormous autobot “Bumble Bee” Transformer. Bee stands at (approximately) 26.5 cm from toes to top of head and about 25 cm long as the car. As the Transformer he can fire discs from his hand to ward off any Deceptacons.

The yellow Bee Camaro sports car is stunning - a true master piece of the Transformer art.

Bee is easy to manipulate from Transformer to Camaro and back – some of the past releases from Hasbro have taken hours for us adults to change the Transformer to vehicle and/or back. Especially bad were the figures which you built and then tried to transform – Soundwave stands out as one of the worst but the whole series were bad.

This Transformer is simple to change.

Put the arms in the “muscle man” pose (as it comes in the box) and holding the torso (for stability) move the leg (his right according to the instructions thought to be honest I can’t see a problem is you want to move his left leg instead) round over the body to the leg on the other side and click into place. The last bit may require some adult help as the final clicks require quite a bit of pressure.

I am really impressed by this Transformer it is one of the best we own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, 1 Sep 2014
Amazon Customer (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We've bought a few transformer toys for my son and they've always been far too complicated for him (and us!) to transform. This one is very cleverly put together and transforms in one simple move. It needs some strong fingers to lock it into the car position, but otherwise can easily be manipulated by a child.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bumblebee's the best, 3 Sep 2014
SpecialOrder937 (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As a kid Bumblebee was always my favourite Transformers character, back when he was sunflower yellow in colour and transformed into a Volkswagen Beetle. With this toy he's orange and transforms into a Chevrolet Camaro. I assume these changes are so it ties in with the new Age of Extinction film, which I haven't seen yet.

The figure is nice and big, feels well-made and transforms easily. I can't imagine many kids being disappointed by it; it was certainly well received by my 8-year-old nephew. The only downside about the figure is that it's quite pricey for what it is.

3.0 out of 5 stars This is a great toy and my little boy loves it however the ..., 12 Aug 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars It is nice and chunky and colour so good for little hands ..., 15 Sep 2014
Kirsty at the Overflowing Library (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This toy has proved at hit at home. It is nice and chunky and colour so good for little hands and it is very easy to transform.

Perfect for a young transformers fan.

2.0 out of 5 stars my little boy is very disappointed in his purchase with his birthday money, 13 Sep 2014
The wheels keep coming off, my little boy is very disappointed in his purchase with his birthday money!

4.0 out of 5 stars He's been Tangoed! Since when has Bumblebee been orange? Otherwise excellent., 2 Sep 2014
debbie8355 (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Ok first the reason for not giving 5 stars. He's been tangoed! Rather than being a lovely bright yellow look closely at the third and fourth pictures in the images section. He is a weird colour orange. You think someone in production might have noticed. A big whoopsie in manufacture. The main headline picture and other pictures show a bright yellow.

On receipt of this I panicked looking at the incomprehensible diagrams/instructions on the box but there is nothing to worry about. It's a one fluid motion transform fold/unfold with the only problem being the right forearm needs to be twisted round one way to close properly. You can close it the wrong way round but it won't click into place. My 9 year old tester was trying to force it into car shape the wrong way around but nothing broke or cracked. It seems sturdy.

I was very impressed at the large car shape Bumblebee turned into and the wheel shooter is a good touch. There's a small lever to ping it and it impressed us.

Apart from the confused colouring it's an excellent toy. The ping off wheel weapon folds up in the car ( is unseen) so if it does get lost it doesn't detract much from the look of your robot. The main 4 wheels don't detach at all so you can't lose them.

Highly recommended.