4.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous and Girly but maybe not very durable
I have wavered between giving this 3 or 4 stars if I am honest as personally I think it should be 3 stars yet my niece who has been playing with this all day at my house would give it 5 stars if she could and so I have settled in the middle with 4 stars.

Published 10 months ago by S. Wilson

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Published 5 months ago by Anita Strange

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 9 Jan. 2015
This review is from: My Little Pony Rainbow Power Twilight Sparkle Rainbow Kingdom Playset (Toy)
I have kept this product, but not really sure why? My grandaughter is 3 years old and loves the small my little pony horses, so I thought she would love this. I bought it as a Christmas present but when my son tried to put it together Christmas day we were so disapointed on the quality of this item. The box it was packed in was in perfect condition, but the item was twisted and would not fit together properly. I expected the set to be all the way around to be played with from all angles and a sound item, but in reality it is flat at the back almost like something you would put against a wall! the plastic is very flimsy, not sturdy and strong as you would expect.

It kept falling apart as the parts would pop back out of their holes, so my grandaughter soon got frustrated and bored. My son took it home with the rest of her presents, but I doubt very much if this will ever come back out of its box. A very disappointed Nan, so my advice is do not bother with this, as it is a waste of money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous and Girly but maybe not very durable, 24 Aug. 2014
S. Wilson (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

This is a gorgeous MLP playset but unfortunately it does not fit together as well as it should and is quite different to the box and product page. Firstly there are several parts that simply do not slot together as they should such as the cardboard background pieces on the bottom level which keep slipping out and so I am going to have to glue them if they have any chance of staying in place especially the left hand side piece. The colours on the slide are all different than shown in the picture and the pink parts anywhere on the set are all a very fluorescent pink as opposed to the rose pink colour you think they are going to be from the picture and the same can be said for the yellow parts on the slide too. I have attached a couple of pictures of the set built in the customer pictures part on the main product page which is just off to the right of the reviews to show the set built and the colours - you will note there is no heart arch on top of the set and that is because I could not get it to slot in however my brother in law has since managed to get it to slot properly into place with a bit of extra force. Finally in the pictures it looks like a kind of candy strip effect on the top of the purple turrets at the top of the kingdom along with a blue insert around the heart arch and so I expected there to be stickers provided for you to be able to create this effect but there were none included with the set. All of this may seem a bit like I am nitpicking but I wanted to point them out for fairness.

Anyway onto the good points of the kingdom set which my niece loves and will stay at my house for when she visits each week. The set is a really nice size and stands at 58cm high to the top of the flag pole on the turret and 50cm approx wide by 27cm approx deep to the front of the slide which is it's widest part. The colours are very bright and colourful (a bit brighter and more colourful than I had been expecting though) and it seems sturdy enough once built (excluding the cardboard parts). The set comes with a MLP Princess Twilight Sparkle who is very well made and very different to the MLP's I used to collect when I was a little girl. There is a little slide car that you can put Princess Twilight Sparkle in and send her down the slide slope which my niece has had great fun doing along with a swing that you can sit her in and swing her. The set also comes with a magic key which unlocks the book, vanity chest and and closet to reveal secret compartments inside where you can store the Tiara, Bracelet, Shoes, Skirt and Hanger that also comes with the set and I thought this was a lovely little feature to the set. The key also unlocks the front door.

A really nice little set just be aware that the colours may vary to the picture although any MLP fan is sure to love this set and my niece absolutely adores it. Oh when putting the slide together so that you don't get confused by trying to match similar colours to the picture the slide parts all have a number on them near the connection ends starting at 0 so you would match the two end pieces together that had the number 3 on, the two that had the number 5 etc.

1.0 out of 5 stars Some of the toys my children have are in my mind overpriced rubbish but they love them and play with them all the time so ..., 24 Jan. 2015
I generally try to see the positive in products. Some of the toys my children have are in my mind overpriced rubbish but they love them and play with them all the time so job done as far as I'm concerned. This however is simply awful awful awful. My daughter is completely frustrated by it and never plays with it. She tried her best to love it but everytime she goes to do anything with it a part comes off or collapses. She got it for Christmas but it'll be going into the attic to await a jumble sale in a matter of days. Very disappointed and will be discouraging her interest in all things 'my little pony'. Writing a review so that others don't waste their money.

2.0 out of 5 stars Galloping away with my dreams!, 25 Aug. 2014
Sassy "Newton Reviews" (Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When the 'My Little Pony Twilight Sparkles Rainbow Kingdom' arrived this 'My Little Pony' fan excitedly started to put this together, keen to get it all set up and reviewed to share my 'MLP love with the world. After all, I love my My Little Pony Princess Cadance sweetie.

However, after about half an hour of trying to get this together I had to enlist the help of a grown up (my husband and then also my brother-in-law!) It seemed very difficult to fix parts into the ready made holes, since many of them never quite fit properly. When we finally managed to get some of the pieces into their correct places, other parts squeezed and popped out. It all felt too plastic and badly designed. So much so, we wondered how this got through Hasbro's testing stages, because none of us were that impressed with the quality or its sturdiness.

By the time my Sparkles Rainbow Castle was finished, I sat there with a childish like pout and a feeling of great disappointment. Although brightly coloured and cheery with some great well thought out features, it looked more like a rickety, condemned building than a Rainbow Kingdom and my mood was far from sparkly.

The only bonus is that this set comes with one special edition Princess Twighlight Sparkle which is lovely. She has a hot pink outfit with matching shoes, a tiara, cool wardrobe and dressing table with mirror, plus a car in the shape of a cloud that she fits in (without shoes) to whiz down the slide.

Sadly the exclusivity of the Princess Twighlight Sparkle is not enough for me to go any further then 2 stars. And my whole family think I am being over generous with this! Usually I love My Little Pony products, so I feel awful not being able to recommend this but have to be truthful.

Shame, this had so much potential to be my dream castle but instead it just galloped away with my dreams!

1.0 out of 5 stars AVOID THIS TAT!!!, 3 Feb. 2015
This product is a disgrace.
I've seen Airfix models stronger than this.
Overpriced!
Under manufactured!
A joke!!
My daughter spends 10mins playing with it & I spend 20mins putting it back together!

3.0 out of 5 stars We love my little pony in this house but are a ..., 13 Sept. 2014
E. Ramshaw - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We love my little pony in this house but are a little dissapointed with this set. Although it is bright and colourful and contains my little girls favourite pony it is not of a quality I would expect from hasbro. It does not slot together easily and needs a great deal of force for some parts. Youll find as some pop in others pop out. Once built our five year old adored it and wants more ponies to play with. A good amount of play value but poor build quality

1.0 out of 5 stars one of the worst toys ive ever had to put together, 25 Dec. 2014
Im not the type of person to complain but this toy but this is horrendous . Its poorly made slight knock and it falls to pieces then its a nightmare to put back together . my daughter had loads of toys to put together through years and id rate this one as the worst one ive ever had i would avoid this and get the crystal princess palace

3.0 out of 5 stars Girls liked it, but it did deconstruct very easily, 7 Jan. 2015
The reviews don't lie....

I found it very quick to put together contrary to a lot of reviews i have read. This doesn't make it a well made product, though, the opposite in fact it is a nightmare.

Immediately after building it, the girls obviously decided to play with their new Christmas toy. It fell apart within 30 minutes and I think I have gained wrinkles due to the amount of times I have had to rebuild it.

I am going to superglue it now but I am not sure I would recommend this. I have realised I have contradicted myself on my opening line but my girlfriend did warn me about the previous reviews indicating it was a pain.

1.0 out of 5 stars My Granddaughter is very sad about it and I am very reluctant to buy ..., 18 Mar. 2015
Purchased for my 3yr old granddaughter for Christmas. By the New Year the cardboard fascia's had torn and could not be fitted any more. Since then various pieces have broken and been repaired with Superglue. On a visit to my Granddaughter yesterday the castle is looking very forlorn and barely suitable to play with. The roadway for the pony car is now beyond repair. The only part that still works is the little swing!!!
It's too late to return it. My Granddaughter is very sad about it and I am very reluctant to buy her another one.

1.0 out of 5 stars It looks pretty but its a nightmare, 24 Feb. 2015
This is a disappointing product. It looks pretty but its a nightmare. It constantly falls apart. It comes in about 30 pieces that you slot together. They constantly come loose. My little girl is 3 and a half and its lasts about 30 seconds before a piece falls off. It cannot be played with as it is so fragile. It now lives in pieces in its box and i assemble it every now and then when i have the patience. Such a shame as it looks lovely when assembled.. but it then needs displaying in a cabinet.... not playing with! :(