4.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT - BUT FLAWED
I love Lego, have done since I was knee high. Nowadays, my building is restricted to putting together kits for my ten year old Autistic son. He adores Lego houses/buildings & loves the sort where you can access the rooms by removable sections. So when he first saw this set (he loves the Simpsons as well), he left enough hints that he wanted it.

It's a huge...
Published 13 months ago by Dave R

3.0 out of 5 stars pieces missing so being returned for refund
Ordered for my boys for Christmas and same as another reviewer... lots of pieces missing. Its half built and only option is to send it back as cant seem to contact anyone for comment. Such a pain as would rather have had some extra pieces sent so I will return it and purchase elsewhere! The set looks great other than that.
Published 6 months ago by J

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT - BUT FLAWED, 18 May 2014
This review is from: The Simpsons Lego House (Toy)

It's a huge set - over 2500 pieces - but is not particularly difficult when compared to a Technics set of the same size. I'd recommend setting aside a table top & a couple of days (or one eight hour shift!!). Set yourself out with a few containers so that when you open each numbered bag, you can sort the pieces into tiny, small, medium & large pieces (or whatever way you feel happiest with)

The roofs are a bit awkward, mainly due to the way the brown pieces are shown on in the instruction book. But if you work through it methodically, it should be do-able by a ten year old (although it may be worth an adult being nearby to advise)

When it's completed, it's a fantastically detailed piece. The roof lifts of the main house in three sections & the garage in two sections. You can then open up the house which hinges from the left hand side. It opens completely, so that the two sides sit side by side with access to all the rooms, which have too many pieces (vacuum cleaner, piano, cot, beds, toilet, etc.etc. etc.) to list here. The garage contains Homers car plus other bits & pieces - if you want to read a really comprehensive review, I suggest you have a look at brickset.com

However - there appears to be a design flaw. I have found that when the front of the house is opened, the weight of the opened side puts a lot of strain on the top right hand corner of the (rear) kitchen section. This causes a support beam pull away from the top of a wall section. It also causes the section under the kitchen windows to start to pull apart. I'm not an expert, but it would seem to me that this is due to the rooms not being "tied" together, which I appreciate is not possible due to them being at two different levels. The only fix I could see was to glue the offending parts together. I've contacted Lego to ask if this is a common issue or whether I've made a mistake - I'll update when I get a reply.

All in all, it's a brilliant, but flawed set which can be corrected with a very small amount of superglue - I glued about eight pieces together & it seems to have sorted the issue. The problem is that this is set that's going to be played with by small children, who by nature are generally not the gentlest - be prepared to have to keep rebuilding this section. If you can put up with rebuilding or doing a bit of glueing, it's a set that your child will love.

5.0 out of 5 stars A guilty lego indulgence, 21 Mar. 2015
This review is from: The Simpsons Lego House (Toy)
Yes its a silly amount of money to spend on lego! Not sure how I can justify the fact that we spent nearly a months food money on a lego set. However we don't regret it for a second! Challenging enough to build without being difficult. Gave us as a family a few hours of fantastic lego building fun. The little details incorporated into this set are fabulous. A must for hardcore simpsons and lego fans. I suspect that there will be many hours of play to be had with this set. Especially loved the property of Ned Flanders stickers (first time I've ever actually approved of the use of stickers in lego!)
Currently pride of place in our living room. Need to get saving for the Kwiky Mart in May now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but great. I could only justify buying this by pretending ..., 14 Oct. 2014
This review is from: The Simpsons Lego House (Toy)
Expensive but great. I could only justify buying this by pretending it was for my grandson. I did let him help me though so that ok.

3.0 out of 5 stars pieces missing so being returned for refund, 29 Dec. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 12 Aug. 2014
This review is from: The Simpsons Lego House (Toy)
Everything I hoped for - trying to take my time with it to extend the fun! Hope Lego add to the range with more classic SImpsons buildings, would love a Quickie Mart next!

5.0 out of 5 stars legotastic!, 21 Jun. 2014
Lee Osbourne "Ozzie Ozzie" (Enfield, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Simpsons Lego House (Toy)
According to my 11 year old daughter..."fantastic, great quality house, easy to follow instructions and great attention to detail love it...hmmm LEGO"!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best thing ive ever bought!!!, 17 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Simpsons Lego House (Toy)
Best thing ive ever bought!!!

And at 9 1/2 to complete in one sitting!!

Amazing!!! You will not be disapointed!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars superb, 5 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Simpsons Lego House (Toy)
Just my boy is over the moon with the product. He doesn't want to go to school! That's says it all!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 23 Sept. 2014
This review is from: The Simpsons Lego House (Toy)
Great but way too expensive

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 10 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Simpsons Lego House (Toy)
It's awesome set and gives a lot of fun with building . The roof needs some work, the floors being smooth brick and the house is very detailed with very cool bathroom - shower , tub , sink , toilet and mirror . I like also extra accessories : grill with sausages , post box and funny pink car :) The mini-figures and brick colors are so different from other sets - to reflect the cartoon nature of the Simpsons .

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›