VINE VOICEon 27 February 2015
Before I write anything else, then let it be known that I know the cycling gods are about to punish me for hubris. I will get punctures front and rear tomorrow. OK, let's begin...

I had awful problems with punctures. Terrible. Every other time I went out I had a flat. So I bought these. Firstly, they are a sod to get on. Almost impossible. A two man job when you both have hands of iron and nothing to do for three days. Once on, they are brilliant. There is a layer of puncture resistant blue stuff (according to the photo) between the puncture resistant layers of the puncture resistant tyre. And the whole thing feels bullet proof. I will leave it to others to discuss the rolling resistance and how many watts are lost due to the thicker nature of the tyres. All I can say is they feel more solid than the previous ones and the slight tread makes them feel safer in the wet. Plus, no punctures so far.

So, as I say, really awful to get on. But, fingers crossed, once on, they are on for a while. They seem excellent
on 22 August 2013
Yes, I know that punctures happen and no tyre is ever puncture proof but I managed to get a few hundred miles under my belt on the tyres that came with my bike and they were thin and light...much more prone to punctures than these.

I have had one of these on my rear wheel for just over 2 weeks and done maybe 100 miles and this morning had a puncture. I didn't find the culprit but it went through the tyre and tube as though they were made of mashed potato!

However, I was promised by 2 or 3 cycle shops that these were the best tyres for puncture prevention. They are a little bit heavier than my original tyres and have a squishy layer of extra rubber and so I was worried that they would negatively affect my speed. They didn't thankfully and I managed to get a KOM on Strava on my first outing. They inflate up to 140psi so I think that helps with the rolling resistance.

They are quite tight to get onto the rims and they take a bit of work to get them on. Not a problem if you don't get punctures very often...
on 29 July 2013
4000 miles on these this year and only 1 puncture (which no tire would have avoided) says it all really. Rolling resistance is fine..
on 10 February 2013
Punctures are now a thing of the past, fabulously hard wearing and as tough as old boots, though still retaining low roll resistance and lightness. Really the best investment for any cyclist, whether the daily commuter or the casual weekender, just buy them, you won't regret it!
on 15 January 2013
I love these tires!!
They are great for Winter cycling and have kept me puncture resistant for the last 4 months, having suffered from punctures at least once a week on my racing tires
on 5 September 2015
At last, a puncture resistant tyre that truly resists punctures. This one got this 18 stone charity cyclist all the way from Land's End to John o'Groats without one puncture. Had it on 115 lbs pressure all the way. Rolled well and not what you could really call a harsh ride. Dream come true. Buy now before they go out of fashion.
on 29 August 2013
After suffering punctures every couple of hundred miles or so on conventional tyres, I've had one in about two years thanks to these! Like all these wired road tyres, they are very tough to fit, but with some strategic manipulation and positioning you'll get there.
on 18 August 2015
I've ridden out twice on these since purchase (and like the other reviewers, after struggling to get them on the wheel - and, what the hell, I used levers in the end in spite of all the advice to the contrary).

They are brilliant. You can feel the quality and rigidity as you pump these tyres up. Once on the road, the extra comfort of the 25cc width and the sheer security you get from watching them roll around bends, or over road strewn debris is enough to get you out of the saddle pumping the cranks no matter what the conditions.

Yes, they're going to be a teensy bit slower than 23cc slicks, but I didn't have that snap of dread as I speed over some unforeseen hazard. As I use the bike part time as a commuting machine. the tyre is going to be second to none.
on 11 October 2014
Has these on a pair of scott sub wheels (17mm bead seat) and they wern't too hard to fit, did about 4000 miles on the back before the blue rubber was showing through. Front still OK.
Lots of flint cuts, but only a couple made it through.
Grip OK in the wet and roll better than the marathon plus 28s I also have.
Got some of the Durano Plus ETAPE edition ones fitted this week to some Giant P-SL1 wheels, (16mm bead seat, and a shallow rim)
I broke 2 tyre levers and pinched 3 tubes!!, I hqve some heavy duty levers now, so I'm hoping, if I get a ouncture, I gan get the tyres off and back on without any more punctures!!
on 8 November 2015
These are the best tyres ive ever had, Ive read so many positive reviews and i can see why. I put these on my Cannondale bad boy after taking off the Marathon plus, and straight away the difference is amazing. The rolling resistance is good too, and its like riding a slick tyre. In the wet its amazing aswell and i just love it. Everyone should seriously consider investing, you will not be dissapointed. Thanks Schwalbe, you are definitely the best tyre provider out there. Ever thought about entering F1?
review image