4.0 out of 5 stars A nice expansion to the main story
I'm generally not a fan of books that deviate from the main storyline, but I found this one to be an exception. I thoroughly enjoyed reading Executable and found that it explored a lot of the things hinted at in the other books.
Published 10 months ago by matthew kibble

3.0 out of 5 stars Well written, good story, a little off-track
John Conroe - an author I follow avidly, and as a result of my addiction to his previous works, found myself reading and rereading them as each new instalment was released. I was thrilled when I saw that Executable was due for release and waited patiently for its arrival.

Published 6 months ago by Para-Urban Review

3.0 out of 5 stars Well written, good story, a little off-track, 12 Jun 2014
This review is from: Executable (The Demon Accords Book 6) (Kindle Edition)

So it was with mixed emotions I realised that this instalment didn't continue Chris and Tanya's tale, disappointment warring with anticipation at the opportunity to learn more about the magical world outside of theirs. Conroe knows how to world build, create tension and anticipation with his readers and this book was no exception.

I found the story a bit slow to start, and it felt that the book was aimed more at YA when compared to his other books, but Conroe's writing style won through and I was eventually pulled into Declan and Caeco's world, and must say, thoroughly enjoyed this book - but more as a standalone than any continuation or off-shoot to the original series. As it was a retelling of the same tale but from Declan's perspective, perhaps those who haven't read all the Gordon novels would enjoy it a lot more - after all, I knew where and what the outcome would be. Declan is still at school, a 17 year old male warlock who has hidden his abilities from others, protected by his aunt all his life, and Caeco is a magical being on the run from a research lab - a "unique" person with little experience of the outside world.

On the plus side, I feel that Conroe is perhaps "shaping" a new Gordon - Declan, a young warlock who is already breaking the mould by being immensely more powerful when compared to other warlocks, is yet untrained and would benefit from independent guidance without the stigmatism applied to warlocks, their primary use is being married off to a strong witch to improve their bloodline.

Caeco reminds me a little of Tanya - unassuming, powerful and meant to be with Declan. I am looking forward to reading more about them in forthcoming books, perhaps when theirs and Gordon's two worlds intertwine more intensely.

As always, excellent writing, excellent story-telling, but for me the plot just didn't work right. When you have been spoiled by Chris and Tanya's might, it takes a mental shift to step backwards and sideways - something I found a little difficult to do.

2.0 out of 5 stars Hard to rate, 20 July 2014
Diana Fleming - See all my reviews
This review is from: Executable (The Demon Accords Book 6) (Kindle Edition)
I found this one hard to rate.

The problem is that the book really contains two stories. The main one is good enough. Interesting characters with unusual enough powers to hold the attention. Their only flaw is a tendency to sit around recapping everything that you've just read. Aside from that, the action is okay and the plot moves on smartly.

Perhaps a little too smartly because after the story reaches its conclusion, a completely different one starts up. New enemies appear, a new problem is posed and an entirely different adventure begins. This one is shorter and, to me, really hard not to get annoyed at because of all the twee fake Irish people. They don't actually say 'begorrah' but it's a close call. (I should add that I'm Irish so I may be a little biased.)

My overwhelming impression at the end was: the author wrote a decent book then someone decided that it wasn't long enough so he tacked a half hearted second story onto the end. I'd give the first part of the book 3.5 stars and the second part 1 star. Settled on 2.

Also, for the love of the gods, would someone teach the author the difference between 'then' and 'than'? Thanks.

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice expansion to the main story, 2 Feb 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 22 Mar 2014
This review is from: Executable (The Demon Accords Book 6) (Kindle Edition)
This series knocks all others in to touch! It has put me off reading because I can't find anything that comes near it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Executable, 19 Feb 2014
This review is from: Executable (The Demon Accords Book 6) (Kindle Edition)
Good book but it did seem to be more of a YA book than the rest of this series. Still worth reading to learn about more New characters who first appeared in the final chapters of the previous book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enriching parallel, 18 Feb 2014
Odibus (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Executable (The Demon Accords Book 6) (Kindle Edition)
The author writes great stories with great pace. This one features a small cast of new characters that open up this alternative reality to a whole host of new shenanigans, mixing magic with technology. Thoroughly enjoyed this and looking forward to Forced Ascent!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 24 July 2014
This review is from: Executable (The Demon Accords Book 6) (Kindle Edition)
Writing is terrible, needs a good editor. Stuck with the series with ever dwindling hopes of seeing an improvement. Great concept in book one, but series fails to live up to expectations. Not sure how this series justifies the 5 stars getting awarded.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not as good, 9 Feb 2014
This review is from: Executable (The Demon Accords Book 6) (Kindle Edition)
I started to read the first book by accident, less than one week later I have finished all the accord books I just couldn't put them down and had to find out what happened to Chris and Tanya plus all the other characters in these books.Get a move on John I'm waiting

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 22 April 2014
This review is from: Executable (The Demon Accords Book 6) (Kindle Edition)
This book was a nice add on to the exceptional main series. It fleshed out the world, going into fresh character groups and exploring aspects of the world which had been touched upon in the main series.
This is a spin off story but does stand on it's own enough to be original, without just replicating any successes from the main series. Definitely recommended to those who've read the rest of the books - if not, you should!
Anxiously awaiting the next book in The Demon Accords.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good but a little off topic for me., 5 Mar 2014
This review is from: Executable (The Demon Accords Book 6) (Kindle Edition)
I love this guy, his Demon Accord books are superb and I am waiting, not so patiently for the next book.
I would rather follow the main story but at least this puts some more meat on the bones of the main characters.

All in all, a good read but take my advice, if you are thinking of reading this, read all of the other books in the series first, you won't be disappointed.