Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 21 February 2011
I saw the Skints live for the 6th time when they supported Sublime with Rome at the Shepherds Bush Empire last October. They never cease to amaze me and very nearly outshined the headline band. An amazing blend of Reggae, rap(ish), and world music(again... ish). The melodies are great and very catchy. The last track on the album, Roanna's Song, is reminiscent of Lilly Allen but much much better and the songs Murderer, Culture Vulture and Bright Girl are all brilliant.

A must buy for any fan of British Ska/Reggae/Rock/Music in general.
on 20 January 2010
I cannot sing the praises of this album, and this band, enough! I have been watching them live for years, since they were tiny and no one knew them, hell they hardly knew themselves. Over the years I've seen them grow in their talent, and this, their first full album release, shows their immense talent in all it's glory.
Every track has something to offer, be it sweet sweet reggae or urban sounds with ska riffs. The vast range on instruments included would do the Philhamonic proud!
Just amazing, buy it and give yourself something fresh, exciting and most importantly original!
on 10 December 2011
Saw The Skints play a small music festival at Galhampton - they were so good I vowed we'd buy their album if we could find it.

Not disappointed at all - in fact this has the true hallmarks of a great collection of tracks - liked some immediately, then as we listened more, others grew and became firm favorites.

Probably the most played album in our house, both me and my son reckon it's brill, and of course prefer completely different tracks!

Don't buy if you hate expletives, do buy if you like well crafted music and on occasion fantastic lyrics - reckon Rhoanna's song is a gem, but do leave it playing as you'll find a bonus track at the end which is my fave.
on 9 September 2013
I liked this album from The Skints. It is quite adventurous for a reggae band with departures into big guitar occasionally. Good themes, strong melodies, superb rhythms. I've also got the 2nd album which is much smoother and better recorded but the late work loses some of the musical range IMHO.
on 3 January 2010
Title says it all really, this is a brilliant debute album from the most exciting up and coming british reggea band today. If you want some origional reggea, or just a new sound, buy it. you wont find them skimping.
on 11 October 2010
I don't think I have ever heard anything this good in my life, if you are a reggae fan you need this album
on 7 February 2010
This album is incredible, it has hardly been out of my cd player since I bought it. I caught this band live last year as they supported The King Blues, I knew nothing about them before I saw them but thought they were pretty good. This album showcases the incredible songwriting talent in the band, there is literally 'no filler' - every track could be a single or a set closer. I saw them again the other day and they are now more than pretty good. This album was my favourite album of 2009, and that is saying something in the year that 'Grey Britain' was also released. Watch this band!
on 12 July 2013
The Skints are an amazingly talented group of musicians who are making really distinctive music mixing reggae, dub, ska.
Three great vocalists singing and rapping, fantastic syncopated beats, strong bass lines and sax/flute/melodica/keyboards - this album and Part & Parcel are lovely to listen to and it's fascinating to watch them perform live.
Working hard and doing it all themselves, playing just about every festival and venue going, The Skints will be coming to a place near you and I truly recommend taking the chance to see them live when they do!
on 27 February 2013
one of those albums that are difficult to stop listening to and get totally under your skin - highlights for me are mindless and sociopath, but it's all so so good. their newer album part & parcel is more polished but i am equally in love with it - go listen and go see them on tour in may =)
on 9 March 2011
I cannot stop listening to this album, it is just amazing.
Classic reggae brought up to a modern time. This is a definite buy and if you ever get the chance you SHOULD see them live!