on 23 January 2014
This album is billed as a 'companion piece' to Sea Change. A good start as there is a lot to like in that. This is 'easy listening' Beck in acoustics, alt-folk mode. There is a real hunger coming through in the vocals that tells you the artist is champing at the bit. Six years or so has been a long time for him to be away and I can not wait for this album like I can't express. I have my pre-orders for the vinyl & the CD in. Roll on the UK tour!!!
on 23 November 2014
I guess the problem when you are as big of a music star as Beck is, expectations are always high. This free teaser for his album, is a highly competent and well composed track, the kind of polished article you'd expect. It's soft melody works well with Beck's vocals, while at the same time an eclectic mix of instruments creates an enjoyably distinct sound. If I'm honest I spent the entire four minutes waiting for the track to move from ambient background music into something a little more, but enjoyed it all the same.
on 23 February 2014
I just don't seem to have time to listen anymore SO now and then I get the chance to listen to a 'sample' and most times it works for me. I always liked Beck so checking out a sample will help me to look for more of their new material. A good band and a great track, worth a listen.
on 22 February 2014
This song from "Beck" is the sort of song that's going to be played and played it's (and I don't like the word Soft rock) that ambles along but grabs you on the way, Good voice and a good guitar.
Graham
on 19 September 2014
Its been a long time since I last listened to Beck, but this made me dig out my CD's to listen again.

Great track which feels fresh but classic both at the same time.
on 4 July 2014
I got this as it was free. Not overly aware of Beck's music the odd couple of songs aside! i saw this and thought i would try it as it is free! Glad i did the man is incredible.
on 24 February 2014
Interesting acoustic based song with unexpected yet flowing melodic routes over country rhythms. Deceptively clever song writing.Recommended listening. I like.
on 24 February 2014
Not bad for a freebie! A much "calmer" kind of track than I would expect from Beck, if you know what I mean! I will investigate more from him.
on 29 March 2014
What an inspired purchase this was I am really glad I got this one to add to my collection and will be looking closely for similar .
on 13 April 2014
i will look to buy the album,so pleased i downloaded this, long time since beck has been around,so glad he is back