5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous read!
I was lucky to have an advanced copy to read! Five clever authors approach historic and current serial killers with a contemporary style. In turn, true-crime enthusiast and experts alike benefit from this anthology. 5 stars!!!
Published 6 months ago by Shelly Little

2.0 out of 5 stars Serial killers
rubbish and boring. a. cup of. coffee, cold would be better. save your money and ha 've. an early night
Published 4 months ago by ROSIE

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous read!, 27 Jan 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars A Hats Off Review, 25 Jan 2014
Serial Killers True Crime Anthology 2014 (Annual Anthology) (Volume 1) (Paperback)
A FIVE STAR REVIEW

The compilation of the authors in this book is indeed a wonder in itself!. Hats off,(no pun intended) to R.J. Parker who has accomplished yet another look at Serial Killers from different views of the minds of insanity and monstrosity! So intriguing I could not put it down. I was lured into the world of the most despicable of crimes. Not, for the sensitive minded person. It left me with a sick craving for more information into the evil minds of the killer!

5.0 out of 5 stars Learn About the Serial Killing Human Monster!, 14 Jan 2014
There are some really amazing authors in this anthology, some I have read before and others this is the first time. I will be a fan of all from now on. Each and every one gave such well researched and understandable information that made this book just packed with facts that I didn't previously know. The best part for me was while the technical information was in there it was written in a very easy to understand way so I didn't have to stop reading a numerous amount of times to understand the language.

If you are a fan of true crime or just wish to know how the mind of a serial killer works this is a great anthology to give you some of that insight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enthralling read!!, 27 Dec 2013
When people first walk into my library, the first thing they notice is all of the books - well over 5,000 and growing every week. They begin to peruse the titles and when they reach the true crime shelves, loaded with books about serial killers, I always get a strange look or two.

The Serial Killer Anthology 2014 is my latest addition to those shelves. This book has quickly become one of my favorites. Although I was given an ARC of the book to review, I would have surely paid the cost to purchase it. Five different crime authors (RJ Parker, Peter Vronsky, Dane Ladwig, Sylvia Perrini and Michael Newton) giving the stories and biographies of some of the lesser known, yet very vicious killers in serial killer history.

Do not skip over the intro or the prologue - both are fascinating and well worth your time to read. Inside these pages you will discover the truths about Timothy Wayne McBride, Frank Spisak, Robert Pinkton, Mary Bell, the Bloody Benders, Manuel Pardo, Jr., Anthony Sowell, Martha Hasel Wise and Erzsebet (Elizabeth) Bathory. Each author brings new facts to life about each of these less than human monsters.

Bottom line, grab this and read it if you, like me, have an interest in those who operate beyond the pale in societies worst nightmares.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Insight Into Criminals, 16 Mar 2014
Jenna @ SewHappyGeek (Southampton, Hampshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I enjoyed this anthology so much I actually went back and reread it. The introduction by Peter Vronsky is as good as you'd expect if you've read his other books on serial killers. It discusses the biological and environmental factors which contribute to the formation of a serial killer - how the intertwining of sex and violence takes place deep within the brain and is essentially irreversible.

The profiles were fascinating and some of them were murderers I've not heard of before. The full story of Mary Bell's horrific upbringing and her egregious mother gave me a new understanding of her impulse to act out homicidally.

I realise some may be upset by the images but I read the kindle edition and you have to actually go the the website to see them so they're optional. I wasn't upset by the images at all. Don't get me wrong; they're awful and I don't enjoy them but after all, I did elect to read about these horrific crimes, and seeing the real terror these murderers leave behind is an aspect of their crimes. I definitely recommend this and hope they continue the series. I also look forward to Vronsky's new book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 16 Mar 2014
Peter Vronsky has another book out that is the best Serial Killer true crime book that I have ever read (and I have read many). This is written by several authors with his contribution and is still a very good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest collection of Crime Authors!, 16 Dec 2013
First I was chosen by the group to be an ARC READER,thank you one and all for the privilege! This collection of Authors offers the biggest and best Crime Author' s I've had the pleasure to read at one time! I truly am blessed to be able to see that the Serial Killers are all different in how they lure, kill, and find their own pleasure and relief in the way they chose to kill. The luring in the victims is so subtle and yet conniving in the way they set them up its easily to see how we have so many victims.
I am amazed at the way the Author's captured the passion of the perpetrators ! I just wish this collection came out along time ago. So many people would not of fallen prey to these monster's, yet we are now wiser for it.
The book has set me up to the point I couldn't and wouldn't put it down till I had finished it. It is chilling to the bone, so when you get it, you may want to find some time where you can read it all at once. I highly suggest it for the person who
thinks they've seen and read it all, a real eye opener!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting!, 16 Dec 2013
This book is a very well written, factual, text which read very well from beginning to end. Each chapter gripped me as the sheer amount of knowledge displayed made it a very enjoyable and interesting read.
Each killer has their background thoroughly described and the full story of their atrocious crimes outlined in detail which made me eager to read on. The background information on each individual mentioned within the book helped me to understand the factors which may help to create a serial killer.
This unique book, which included visual aids to assist the reader's understanding of the serial killer mentioned, described obscure serial killers which set it apart from books from the same genre.
Overall I would definitely recommend this text as it was a unique and fascinating book read.
I received an advance reading copy(ARC)of this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read...., 12 Dec 2013
I was one of the lucky people that the author provided with an ARC advance reading copy.

So first I would like to thank RJ Parker for the opportunity to read such a great book!

I found this book very unique, interesting and informative!

Through the years I've always wondered why and how some one becomes a serial killer.

This book answered a lot of the questions I had. Other books I've read searching for the answers didn't make sense... This one did! So if your looking for answers to questions... This book is for you!

He also told of serial killers that most people haven't heard of... Very unique serial killers of our time!

A great read... I recommend this book for any one who has a fascination for serial killers or are looking for answers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 12 Dec 2013
Andrea Carver "annie" (akron, ohio usa) - See all my reviews
I was lucky enough to receive an ARC advances copy of this book to read. If you like reading stories about serial killers and what makes them tick you will love this book. All of the authors did a great job with all the information they put in this book