5.0 out of 5 stars Back to what Fuel did best
This album is very reminiscent of the original Fuel sound but with a few more melodic rock sounds that generally come as rock bands age. For me, I really like that. If you liked the second and third Fuel albums, you should like this one.
Published 4 months ago by Michael J. C. Rodgers

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected
I became a fan of Fuel when I bought the Daredevil soundtrack (naff film, good soundtrack) and heard "Won't Back Down" from the album "Natural Selection". That was an album that got put on repeat for a long, long time and is still now something I listen to on probably more often than a weekly basis.
"Puppet Strings", however, doesn't do it for...
Published 8 months ago by L. Cooper

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, 24 April 2014
This review is from: Puppet Strings (Audio CD)
"Puppet Strings", however, doesn't do it for me. Don't get me wrong, when listening to it I didn't become offended and feel the need to turn it off, but I didn't have the desire to press play again because they've gone a wee bit soft. This is a real shame for me, as I've liked (and own) all their other albums apart from the angel one where they changed vocalist for whatever reason. Anyway, I digress slightly. Nothing stood out for me, be it vocally or musically, nor did I find myself stuck with a song in my head (not at all like "Quarter" from "Natural Selection" which won't leave me alone for days).
Don't get me wrong - there will be plenty of people who like this different direction - it's nowhere near as heavy as previous albums. My partner has asked that I add something about the "country elements" which he picked up on - slide guitars and styles in which they were played.
I wanted to like it, and it gets 3 stars for a good effort and excellent production (as all of their previous albums have) but for me it doesn't have the... oompf (for lack of a better word) or impact of earlier stuff. My recommendation - buy "Natural Selection" if you haven't already and if that floats you boat, stick with that.
I hope the band keep going and until the next album I might give this one another chance...

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to what Fuel did best, 23 Aug 2014
This review is from: Puppet Strings (MP3 Download)

5.0 out of 5 stars always good rock!, 9 Aug 2014
This review is from: Puppet Strings (Audio CD)
Graet typical FUEL music, always good rock!

Puppet Strings
Puppet Strings by Fuel (Audio CD - 2014)