5.0 out of 5 stars A must have, 23 July 2014
Everyone can benefit from this book. It is easy to read as it is written in language as if in conversation with Richard, and is broken down into very manageable chapters. (Although I couldn't put it down so read the first 21 in the first sitting!) Whether you are new to personal development or are familiar to the techniques, a reminder of how to be more confident in any situation is a very valuable resource. I am confident that this is a good investment, and will be going back to it as I need to with different situations in my life. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pearls of wisdom for everyone!, 2 Sep 2014
The Secrets of Confident people is a wonderfully written, easy to read book outlining 50 practical ways to increase confidence. The chapters flow really well and most importantly the key ideas and tools are really easy to implement. The use of personal experiences really helps to tie everything together and bring the ideas to life.

As part of the introduction, Richard suggests that the book can either be read from cover to cover or used as a reference picking out those chapters that are relevant to you. My suggestion would be to do both. I would suggest reading the book from cover to cover (it's really easy to read so I did this in a couple days) and then go back to the chapters that are the most meaningful to you.

I really enjoyed and would definitely recommend this book to everyone regardless of confidence levels.

5.0 out of 5 stars What I really enjoyed about this book is that whatever your roles are ..., 20 Aug 2014
Working myself as a Coach, Trainer and Supervisor, I have read several books on this topic.
What I really enjoyed about this book is that whatever your roles are in life, there is a chapter for you !
So whether you are a teacher, manager , Team leader, colleague, a public speaker...

Each chapter starts with some inspiring quotes such as in Chapter one " The only power that exists is inside ourselves" Anne Rice

Richards book unfolds like a treasure chest of possibilities to discover your inner power and develop your confidence.
Enthusiastic and empowering with lots of practical exercises and great quotes and references for further learning !
I am already recommending it to my clients !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Effortlessly useable, thought-provoking and intelligent how-to guide for confidence in any situation!, 30 Sep 2014
Whether you are the most confident person in business, home or personal life, or whether you're a shrinking violet lodged firmly in a tortoise shell, this book is simple, bitesize chunks of excellent advice that's applicable to almost any situation. I haven't read it cover to cover, you don't need to, it's a laptop bag friendly, thumb-through-to-find gem that can help you out at that last minute before you walk into that presentation, or make a 'hmmm' encouraging thought provoking read on the beach. Get it in your life and feel more confident, whether you're in desperate need, or just need to reaffirm. Thoroughly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Confidence 101, 15 Aug 2014
Excellently organised and easy to select the relevant chapters as a reference read. Simple tools that even I could pick up and apply day to day. Worth every penny! Richard Nugent - 10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Writer with a Passion for his Topic, 26 Sep 2014
I really enjoyed this book. I manage a bench of over 300 Global Coaches and get asked to comment on many books - this is one of the best ones I have read this year.

Richard is a great writer with a passion for his topic. If you are looking for good advice and some practical skills, Richard has created the ideal book for you. What jumps out at me is Richard's knowledge, experience and his ability to apply real learning. I am recommending this book to everyone, and personally to many people I work with.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Secrets of Confident People is beautifully written and Richard's style makes it incredibly easy to ..., 29 Aug 2014
The Secrets of Confident People is beautifully written and Richard's style makes it incredibly easy to read - it's as if he's in the room reading it to you. No matter how confident you think you are in any particular aspect of your life, you will get a huge amount from this book. My quality gauge for books like this is that if I take 2 or 3 'nuggets' from it then I consider it to be pretty good. This book is packed full of nuggets hence the 5 Star rating!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book, 2 Oct 2014
Confidence is a must for everyone and this book gives you some great ideas on how to build and use it to your advantage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book I've ever bought, 3 Nov 2014
M. King - See all my reviews
Best book I've ever bought.

I hide this book from my friends so that I can still be the most confident guy around.
This stuff really should be kept secret.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book!, 20 Oct 2014
Amazing and thoroughly enjoyable book. Totally recommend this!