5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to install and works very well.
Published 5 months ago by Bruce Gawler

1.0 out of 5 stars MORE IS DEFINATELY NOT BETTER.....
Bought this to replace an Epson Stylus 1290S which I used for A3 printing of CAD (architectural) plans, which had lasted nearly nine years.
Published 20 days ago by DM

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to install and works very well., 1 Oct. 2014
Bruce Gawler (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Epson WorkForce WF-7610DWF A3 Duplex Print, Scan, Copy and Fax - (Wi-Fi, Ethernet and A3 Double-sided Printing) (Accessory)
Printer arrived on schedule in perfect condition - huge box. I am an OAP and not very computer literate so, having read other reviews, I approached installation as a Wireless printer with some trepidation; particularly as I had never done it before. I followed the excellent clear instruction to the letter and it installed without a hitch on Windows 7. It took about an hour largely due to my very slow broadband. It worked straight away and the colour touchscreen on the printer is a joy to use. The print quality with A3 architectural drawings is absolutely excellent but, as one would expect, the quality of text documents, though certainly very acceptable, is not quite as good as my business quality laser. No problems with paper jams using A3 and A4 good quality paper. I tried scanning an A4 colour document; it took 16 seconds and produced a copy indistinguishable from the original. I have not tried the fax function but, as it also installed without a hitch, I am confident that if I do have to sent a fax it will work. (Who uses faxes these days?). Overall excellent value, easy to install and does what it says on the box. Strongly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good!, 12 Oct. 2014
I didn't look at the dimensions of the printer beforehand and was completely shocked at the size of it!

That aside, so far so good! I set it up today and have tested the printer and scanner and it's great.

I don't often leave comments, but I had been a bit worried by previous comments about it being difficult to set up. I ignored them as I'm marginally tech savvy. It is really straightforward to set up if you either go with the printer or with the installation disc. Don't make the mistake of following the instructions as you end up doing both and it gets confusing! The installation disc takes you through loads of steps and then you realise you haven't even been asked to turn it on, which messes up the process a bit. I carried the beast into the living room because it wanted to connect to my ethernet cable (which is short) but I then realised it was trying to set it up as a fax, and I wanted to skip that step anyway!

It was SO straightforward to set up by going through the panels on the printer.

I had a bit of a problem with wireless scanning but realised it wasn't connecting to my laptop because an older Epson printer was installed and they were conflicting. So basically - any of the problems I've had have been my own stupidity.

Absolutely LOVE the printer SO far!

I was completely disappointed with the delivery time from Amazon, which was due to then sending it to the wrong delivery depot twice. It's been on a journey around London.

5.0 out of 5 stars Epson Workforce doing it's job, 9 Aug. 2014
OK - it's great value for money and the results from all WF-7610 are great. I read a few reviews that complained about the set up and how difficult it was. Don't let this put you off! If you download all the relevant information from Epson everything goes like clockwork. The print quality is excellent and even the app for the smartphone works well. Double-sided print saves paper and works well... no complaints at all except maybe the ink is a touch expensive! I'm buying the XL size to see how this may save on costs. I'll let you know how I get on!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money., 20 Jun. 2014
Although I haven't had this printer for long it does appear to be excellent value for money. It is easy to install and set up and produces good quality prints.

5.0 out of 5 stars but so glad that I did, 14 Aug. 2014
Had to think carefully about buying this given the negative reviews, but so glad that I did. I had no problems at all setting it up, printing and scanning within ten minutes of opening the box. Print quality excellent. I've had no problems with paper jams and the scanning is plenty fast enough. Unbelievable piece of kit for the money. I'd highly recommend it.

1.0 out of 5 stars MORE IS DEFINATELY NOT BETTER....., 11 Feb. 2015
The new one is rubbish. As the newer version of the 1290 is really too high a resolution for my work (its for pro' photographers really), this seemed like a better choice as it was £80 less, used less / cheaper ink and could do photocopies and A4 as well. I don't need the scanner or fax.
Unlike my two previous Epsons (1290 & BX320FW A4) it is not plug-n-play. It says it is compatible with Windows XP, but the supplied disc caused three fatal errors in a row, before Epson sent me a link to download onto a dongle on a separate computer (my XP is not internet linked - odd, I know, but it is stand alone for architectural work for a variety of reasons). Epson assured me that the download would not need an internet connection, but it almost immediately required one, so I temporarily connected. Download was relatively smooth thereafter.
Unfortunately, since then the changes made by the 7610 software have really screwed things up - prints take forever to be processed making a mockery of the 'fast print time', even on the separate Epson A4 printer now. It has formed a bunch of files which I don't need and confuse the arrangement. The A4 printer now routinely prints in A5 instead until rebooted. The XP breaks down if the printer is turned on before the computer.
Settings on the Workforce 7610 are stupidly hard to find considering it has a small touch screen on it (harder than the previous scroll thru') and you can't changed colour setting on prints (only copying) - print settings has to be done via the computer. Changing from A4 to A3 is also awkward with not just drawer configuration to remove and change (pull out, extend, widen, add paper, add lid, reinsert, reinsert fully, change paper setting!!!) but you then have to tell the printer the paper has changed (compare with the 1290 where you just changed the paper in the top feeder and reduce the guide width - took about 3 seconds). Quality of the prints is also a little ropey in areas. These are just the issues I'm aware of.
CONS - just about everything.
PROS - Epson have a pretty good technical support team. But we shouldn't need to call them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant but the paper quality baffles the unsuspecting, 31 Mar. 2014
Ms. L. J. Sargent "Lisa" (Essex UK) - See all my reviews
Very good printer, but when loading different paper than A4, you need to play about with the tray AND tell the printer that you are printing with MATTE paper specified otherwise you will never get passed a big flashing red light saying wrong paper selected what do you want to do next.
Just go through the menu and find MATTE and press okay. Then tell your computer/mobile that you have changed the paper type to MATTE and you will have no more trouble.
Baptism with fire, or what?
Otherwise, brilliant large printer!

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, 10 Sept. 2014
I was a bit dubious of buying this machine after reading some reviews, however it was a really good price for an A3 printer with a full A3 scanner, some others I looked at were advertised as A3 devices but on checking I found that although the printer took A3 paper the scanner only scanned at A4 size! A3 stand alone scanners cost as much as this all purpose machine so I think it is a bargain.

Another reviewer mentions that scans took a long time to complete but that is not my experience, even A3 scans seem to complete quickly but perhaps the reviewer was using a really high resolution or something?

Installation was straightforward by simply loading the supplied CD and following the simple instructions although it did take quite a while to do the entire setup with several web updates and a firmware update which was advised.

Am am not intending to do photo prints on this printer I bought it more for scanning and printing A3 patterns so I can't comment on photo print quality but normal text and graphics seem perfectly expectable to me.

At the moment Epson are offering a free 3 year on site warranty with this device which was one of the reasons I bought this machine.

1.0 out of 5 stars Scanning takes AN ETERNITY, 11 Aug. 2014
Scanning takes AN ETERNITY.

Once you hit the scan button don't go make a coffee, fly to Africa, plant some coffee trees, wait 10-15 years, harvest and roast the beans, export them to the UK and then make a coffee. If you are lucky it will have finished scanning your document.

The one I have also seems very prone to paper jams, it will wait until 5 or 6 sheets have been jammed into every nook and cranny within the machine before letting you know luring you into a false sense of security that there is only 1 sheet lost in the machine. With a little more investigating you may find many more sacrificial A4 sheets lost in the ether of the 7610.

5.0 out of 5 stars the fact it not only prints A3 but also A3+ is great, and it also has a full A3 scanner ..., 25 Oct. 2014
Yes it's big, heavy and did I mention it's big and heavy? This is no lightweight small printer that you put on a coffee table in your living room, this thing needs space. the fact it not only prints A3 but also A3+ is great, and it also has a full A3 scanner

I've not tested the wifi or anything other than the scanner and printing via USB - I will say though that when you buy it order a set of inks at the same time as the "starter" cartridges are just that - I got about 15 prints out before it ran out and when it does so it actually stops mid print and asks for the new cartridge. In my case the ink I ordered had not arrived so I therefore had no choice but to abandon the print half way through.

Apart from that I am really happy with the quality so far, and would recommend this to anyone - just don't try and lift on your own!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›