5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to install and works very well.
Published 9 months ago by Bruce Gawler

1.0 out of 5 stars Scanning takes AN ETERNITY
Scanning takes AN ETERNITY.

Once you hit the scan button don't go make a coffee, fly to Africa, plant some coffee trees, wait 10-15 years, harvest and roast the beans, export them to the UK and then make a coffee. If you are lucky it will have finished scanning your document.

The one I have also seems very prone to paper jams, it will wait until 5 or...
Published 10 months ago by Mike G

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to install and works very well., 1 Oct. 2014
Bruce Gawler (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Epson WorkForce WF-7610DWF A3 Duplex Print, Scan, Copy and Fax - (Wi-Fi, Ethernet and A3 Double-sided Printing) (Accessory)
Printer arrived on schedule in perfect condition - huge box. I am an OAP and not very computer literate so, having read other reviews, I approached installation as a Wireless printer with some trepidation; particularly as I had never done it before. I followed the excellent clear instruction to the letter and it installed without a hitch on Windows 7. It took about an hour largely due to my very slow broadband. It worked straight away and the colour touchscreen on the printer is a joy to use. The print quality with A3 architectural drawings is absolutely excellent but, as one would expect, the quality of text documents, though certainly very acceptable, is not quite as good as my business quality laser. No problems with paper jams using A3 and A4 good quality paper. I tried scanning an A4 colour document; it took 16 seconds and produced a copy indistinguishable from the original. I have not tried the fax function but, as it also installed without a hitch, I am confident that if I do have to sent a fax it will work. (Who uses faxes these days?). Overall excellent value, easy to install and does what it says on the box. Strongly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money., 20 Jun. 2014
Although I haven't had this printer for long it does appear to be excellent value for money. It is easy to install and set up and produces good quality prints.

5.0 out of 5 stars but so glad that I did, 14 Aug. 2014
Had to think carefully about buying this given the negative reviews, but so glad that I did. I had no problems at all setting it up, printing and scanning within ten minutes of opening the box. Print quality excellent. I've had no problems with paper jams and the scanning is plenty fast enough. Unbelievable piece of kit for the money. I'd highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good!, 12 Oct. 2014
I didn't look at the dimensions of the printer beforehand and was completely shocked at the size of it!

That aside, so far so good! I set it up today and have tested the printer and scanner and it's great.

I don't often leave comments, but I had been a bit worried by previous comments about it being difficult to set up. I ignored them as I'm marginally tech savvy. It is really straightforward to set up if you either go with the printer or with the installation disc. Don't make the mistake of following the instructions as you end up doing both and it gets confusing! The installation disc takes you through loads of steps and then you realise you haven't even been asked to turn it on, which messes up the process a bit. I carried the beast into the living room because it wanted to connect to my ethernet cable (which is short) but I then realised it was trying to set it up as a fax, and I wanted to skip that step anyway!

It was SO straightforward to set up by going through the panels on the printer.

I had a bit of a problem with wireless scanning but realised it wasn't connecting to my laptop because an older Epson printer was installed and they were conflicting. So basically - any of the problems I've had have been my own stupidity.

Absolutely LOVE the printer SO far!

I was completely disappointed with the delivery time from Amazon, which was due to then sending it to the wrong delivery depot twice. It's been on a journey around London.

5.0 out of 5 stars Epson Workforce doing it's job, 9 Aug. 2014
OK - it's great value for money and the results from all WF-7610 are great. I read a few reviews that complained about the set up and how difficult it was. Don't let this put you off! If you download all the relevant information from Epson everything goes like clockwork. The print quality is excellent and even the app for the smartphone works well. Double-sided print saves paper and works well... no complaints at all except maybe the ink is a touch expensive! I'm buying the XL size to see how this may save on costs. I'll let you know how I get on!

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, 10 Sept. 2014
I was a bit dubious of buying this machine after reading some reviews, however it was a really good price for an A3 printer with a full A3 scanner, some others I looked at were advertised as A3 devices but on checking I found that although the printer took A3 paper the scanner only scanned at A4 size! A3 stand alone scanners cost as much as this all purpose machine so I think it is a bargain.

Another reviewer mentions that scans took a long time to complete but that is not my experience, even A3 scans seem to complete quickly but perhaps the reviewer was using a really high resolution or something?

Installation was straightforward by simply loading the supplied CD and following the simple instructions although it did take quite a while to do the entire setup with several web updates and a firmware update which was advised.

Am am not intending to do photo prints on this printer I bought it more for scanning and printing A3 patterns so I can't comment on photo print quality but normal text and graphics seem perfectly expectable to me.

At the moment Epson are offering a free 3 year on site warranty with this device which was one of the reasons I bought this machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant but the paper quality baffles the unsuspecting, 31 Mar. 2014
Ms. L. J. Sargent "Lisa" (Essex UK) - See all my reviews
Very good printer, but when loading different paper than A4, you need to play about with the tray AND tell the printer that you are printing with MATTE paper specified otherwise you will never get passed a big flashing red light saying wrong paper selected what do you want to do next.
Just go through the menu and find MATTE and press okay. Then tell your computer/mobile that you have changed the paper type to MATTE and you will have no more trouble.
Baptism with fire, or what?
Otherwise, brilliant large printer!

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite a lot of printer for the money., 20 Mar. 2015
Harry (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
Well, when I purchased the printer, I saw lots of reviews on people who had difficulty setting this printer up. Allow me to contribute my first impressions:
1) The product arrived in a 'big' box. Requires 2 people (of average strength) or one good lifter to move. The unit itself is close to 18ish kilos.
2) The product is surrounding in quite a lot of blue tape. I'm not sure why, maybe just to hold the bits in place. Took a while to get the printer desk-worthy and switch it on.
3) The software CD is the best way to set this device up. If you work your way through the EPSON support page, you'll have a tough time like me. I consider myself reasonably tech. savvy. There's pieces of software required to run the scanner which aren't readily available on the support page.
4) As expected the unit takes up a fair amount of desk space. I had to move my speakers to make room for the printer unit.

Operationally, I had the following observations:
1) As pointed out, scanning takes a 'long' time, especially when you use the 'professional' mode. Use of the office mode is reasonably quick. Use the professional mode only when you have to scan a document in very high resolution and you have a lot of time to spare.
2) The prints come out quick and clean. Genuine ink cartridges can be expensive. The cartridges that come with the printer do not have instructions attached (removal of packaging etc). Refer to the user manual that you can find on the EPSON support page.
3) The paper tray is a bit fiddly and requires a little delicate care at least at the very start so you don't snap bits of plastic off. Keep in mind that the clear plastic cover on the paper tray comes off completely, and paper tray can expand to allow A3 papers to be inserted. The manual is likely to be your best friend if you are going to use this printer a lot everyday.
4) The touch screen is fluid and a great improvement over my previous HP printer scanner (HP Photosmart B110a). Navigation through options is intuitive and the UI looks well designed.

All in all, I'm quite chuffed with this purchase and I have my fingers crossed. Long may it print, scan and may the odds be ever in its favour.

p.s. For those who purchase before the end of March, there's a 30 quid cash back offered by EPSON on their website. 60 quid if you buy genuine cartridges along with it as well.

1.0 out of 5 stars Scanning takes AN ETERNITY, 11 Aug. 2014
Scanning takes AN ETERNITY.

The one I have also seems very prone to paper jams, it will wait until 5 or 6 sheets have been jammed into every nook and cranny within the machine before letting you know luring you into a false sense of security that there is only 1 sheet lost in the machine. With a little more investigating you may find many more sacrificial A4 sheets lost in the ether of the 7610.

3.0 out of 5 stars capable multi-function wireless printer that was easy to set up and operate, 8 Jun. 2015
This is a very large, capable multi-function wireless printer that was easy to set up and operate. I was looking for a MFP that could wirelessly print, and scan (the copy and fax functions are not important) and its difficult to find a good value colour laser that can do all of this, so I went for the Epson. I have had a laser printer for the past few years which has been mostly reliable and cheap to operate and my memories had waned of how much ink these inkjet printers consume. The scanner is fine and operates quickly. I had Epson printer cartridges to begin with but bought some compatible ones as replacements as the Epson ones are so expensive.
I have been using the printer quite a lot to print out and review some lengthy research documents and the original ink was gone within 4 weeks of purchase. As soon as I installed the compatible inks my problems began. Print quality has been dreadful, and illegible. I tried cleaning the nozzles numerous times with no improvement. Eventually I bought a new Epson original cartridge and after the first few scratchy sheets it appears the print quality is back to high quality.

The unit itself is fine, but I would warn anyone against using compatible inks. SO far I have only had problems with black and haven't had to change the colours yet so I might have more luck there, but obviously its the black ink we consume the most.

It has also made me realise that for my next printer I'll go back to a laser. The ink usage is just ludicrous on inkjets and they end up being far less value for money than you expect.